“Great stay 5 nights 6 days....”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #33 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 12 June 2012

After searching for 3 weeks for a hotel in Toronto, we finally chose the Cambridge Suites and it exceeded my expectations. My husband & I were in Toronto for 5 nights 6 days for business. We looked at the Ritz, Intercontinental, and a few others but I had specific needs, we wanted a CLEAN suite with a small kitchenette and separate bedroom, and also it had to be close to the subway because we would be traveling to Finch Street everyday and I wanted all of that without breaking the budget.

Great breakfast every morning. More than the typical continental breakfast menu.

The bathrooms need updating but clean, but I loved the the long bathroom counter that was separate from the toilet and shower. It was great as we needed to get ready for work at the same time and one could be in the shower while the other could be outside the bathroom getting ready. Great feature!  The two TVs are great, my husband could watch the NBA playoffs while I watched a movie (just like at home).

Yes, I would stay at Cambridge Suites again!

Room Tip: We stayed on 19th floor quiet and great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CMMJ
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear CMMJ,

I enjoyed reading your review and appreciated the kind words and suggestions. I agree, our bathrooms do need some updating. With the exception of our bathrooms, we finished renovating all our suites last year. We jsut finished our design bathrooms and hope to begin full bathroom renovations later this year. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever help.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Write a ReviewReviews (1,876)

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cambridge Suites over Memorial Day weekend 2012. The location of the hotel is excellent-- I was six months pregnant when we stayed and had no problem walking to many attractions such as Eaton Centre, Dundas Square, and Lawrence Market (all within walkng distance!). It is also very close to many restaurants.
As far as the hotel goes, we informed them in our reservation that is was my birthday and that we were on our babymoon-- not only were we upgraded to a suite, we were given a personalized, handwritten card in our room that came with cupcakes! It was such a nice touch!! On top of that, we were given complimentary breakfast for each morning of our stay. The breakfast was very good: eggs, toast, cereal, ham, coffee, fruit, etc... very nice selection, and very friendly staff!
The room itself was very nice and well kept and clean (I am picky about cleanliness), so I was very satisfied with the room. Very large and comfortable bed, flat screen tvs, a fridge, microwave, and a dining area (we were placed on the 19th floor... very quiet, too!).
Overall, this was a fabulous stay. The hotel is wonderfully situated, clean, and has a friendly staff. We would definitely recommend this to friends and family, and we would most certainly stay here again. They were a large part in making our babymoon very special!

2  Thank WashingtonDCgirl2

Dear DCgirl520,

Thank you for sharing your "Babymoon" experience with other tripadvisor readers. I am glad it was a great experience and hope we see you back when your little one joinst the family. All the best with his/her arrival!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I booked a City Scape suite and my friend booked a standard room. The extra money was not worth as the only extra thing I got was a chocolate and a bottle of water each evening. I did get a higher floor but the view was not great and in fact my friend had the better view despite being on the lower floor.

The hotel furnishings in the room felt tired and old fashioned and the rooms felt like they needed modernising.

Breakfast was very basic and consistently ran short especially of pastries which were very quickly taken were not replaced. Certainly not worth $13.99. In fact there was an excellent breakfast diner a few doors down fom the hotel.

Staff were excellent and very helpful.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jez W

Dear jezw,

I am very sorry you did not think the Cityscape Suites were excellent value. Our guests normally rave about them - especially following our extensive renovation last year. I really hope we have another chance to win you over and encourge you to let me know the next time you are in our great city. You can reach me at tostrem@cambridgesuiteshotel.com. We are very proud of our hotel and we want you to feel that you recieved excellent value.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

The first thing that attracted me to this hotel when searching for a place to stay in Toronto was the price... Only about $150/night for a Fri/Sat stay. Then I noticed that it was right in the downtown area (I hadn't narrowed my search by location), and finally I saw the positive reviews here on TA, so I decided to jump on booking it. And I am so glad I did. I can't recall another time that I have found this nice of a hotel, in a major city, for this great of a value. Sure, parking is extra, but it would be much more in Chicago, so I wasn't put off by that at all.

Our room was in a corner, so we have a bedroom area and a sitting room area with a small kitchenette, which was great since we had driven from Wisconsin and had some Gatorades and fruit leftover from our drive that could be kept fresh in our room. The room had updated furnishings, televisions in each separate room, and free wi-fi for as many devices as we liked.

Just like the many other reviews mention, the location of this hotel is great too. Once we parked our car upon arrival, we didn't get it out again until we were leaving town on Sunday. We walked to the hockey hall of fame, the CN tower, the Rogers Center for a Bluejays game, and to the Molson Amphitheater for a concert. Granted, the walk to the Molson was a bit far, maybe 3 miles, but we felt perfectly safe walking there and back, even at 11:30pm after the concert ended.

Overall, I don't have any other comments to add that haven't already been positively stated by other recent reviews. If I travel to Toronto again, I would not hesitate to book a room at the Cambridge Suites Hotel.

1  Thank ktyg

Dear ktyg,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other tripadvisor readers. If I can ever help with future travel plans, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

In the past we have stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Toronto, but felt that it was getting a bit run down as well as having real issues with houskeeping/cleanliness. Therefore, we decided to stay at the Cambridge Suites earlier this month. My husband and I were in town for several days before meeting relatives, so we moved from our initial room once family came so that we could be closer to their room. All three rooms were spacious, quiet, and very clean. Although if possible, avoid staying by the elevators. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the linen was nice. Each room had many extra pillows, so for those of you that like to have extra, this is the hotel for you. As the pictures on the site note, there is a large room off the bedroom for sitting and watching t.v. The kitchen area is small, but has the essential equipment of a mini fridge, microwave, and one cup coffee maker. There is an enormous bathroom, which makes it easy for two to get ready at the same time. Although in this hotel for close to a week, we never felt confined. The staff are very helpful and courteous. However, there was one very special standout in this group and her name is Kristan. She made us feel so welcome and assisted us in every way possible. Cambridge Suites is lucky to have such a gem working form them.

The hotel reataurant is called Portico. It is one of the highest rated on Tripadvisor and for good reason. We ate dinner there one night and all four of us thought it excellent.

Would like to give a tip to those that are visitng during inclement weather. You can actually get to the Bay/Eaton's Center without going outside! Just wind your way through the parking lot and use the underground path.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the elevator. One side (east?) of the building has better views. Request a ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tokyohos

Dear tokyohos,

Thank you for providing such thoughtful feedback. I am sorry your previous experience in Toronto was not spectacular but very glad we could help make your recent visit more enjoyable. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We've been travelling regulary to Toronto for many years now and we try out a new hotel every time we go. This will probably change now, since we have discovered the Cambridge Suites. The location is perfect as it is close enough to walk to the harbour front (15 minutes walk), in the middle of lots of fantastic dining options (for example the wonderful Hy's Steakhouse) and you basically fall into the Bay and the Eaton Centre when you walk out the front door. Toronto is such a great city to walk places, so we hardly needed to take the subway, nevertheless, the stop is just around the corner of the hotel. We had a regular suite which is really spacoius and gave us lots of space for our three suitcases and all those shopping bags that we stored at our room. It was nice to hang out in the living room to watch the hockey playoffs and switch to the bedroom to watch the late night shows (we actually did go out as well) and just have the opportunity to give each other a little space. We had our car parked at the garage which didn't include valet services and therefore was absolutely reasonably priced. It was so fast and easy to just take down the elevator to your car and don't bother waiting for somebody to pick it up. I can't tell you much about the service as we didn't really require anything and we didn't have breakfast at the hotel. However, the employees at the front desk seemed genuinely nice and eager to help and the room was absolutely spotless and nicely decorated. All in all, the perfect place for a city trip with easy access to all amenities.

1  Thank thilly13

Dear thilly13,

Thank you for the exceptional review. I am glad we have become your new home away from home in Toronto! (I'm only sorry you didn't discover us sooner.) If I can ever be of service to you on a future trip to Toronto, please do not hesitate to ask.

Tim

Reviewed 6 June 2012

waThis was my second visit to the Cambridge Suites in 8 months. I was so impressed by my first visit that I doubt if I would stray anywhere else in Toronto now. My room was a bit smaller this time but more than adequate for one person - I haven't yet used BOTH of the TVs! Service from the reception staff was outstanding as usual and as I hadn't brought my laptop I was able to make use of the second-floor business suite during my stay for sending and reading mail. Understandably, the hotel request that guests use these PCs for only short sessions but I've never had to wait. Location could not really be bettered with Yonge Street and The Bay only minutes away and all of the city's attractions within walking distance. Only one negative - on both occasions that I have stayed here they have tried to incorrectly charge me for use of the minibar, small amounts but annoying when you haven't used it. Reception staff always helpful in resolving the issue though.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank FlyingScotsman52
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear FlyingScotsman52,

Thank you for your continued loyalty - we can't wait to welcome you back. Please let me know when you are returning so I can personally ensure you recieve your preferred floorplan.

Safe travels, Tim