“Amazing Rooms, Modern Furniture, Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Amazing Rooms, Modern Furniture, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

The room (Cityscape King and Sofabed) was amazing. The furniture was very modern, our suite had two flat panel TV's, a DVD player, and free Internet that was a good speed. The room's furniture and walls were also in very good condition.

The location is amazing. It's right in the thick of downtown shopping and attractions. It's only a few blocks away from the Eaton Centre and the Hockey Hall of Fame. It's also still within walking distance of the CN Tower.

The parking garage is nice and has an elevator that takes you up to the main level of the hotel.

Another nice thing about this hotel is that you can have a tip-free trip. The staff allow you to use the luggage carts. Also, self-parking is allowed as well. This is a refreshing change for folks that want to be self-sufficient.

The cleaning staff were very polite and nice. However, the front desk staff were not quite as nice (but weren't rude or mean). It also would have been nice if staff was there to greet your car when you pull up. I was left scratching my head as to what I was supposed to do and where I was supposed to go.

There are three elevators that are all rather fast. We found the elevators to be adequate for the size of the building.

The suites were very modern, however, our room wasn't cleaned to the standard we expected. The bathroom had hair from previous guests in it on the floor and in the tub area.

Room Tip: The "CityScape" suites are the ones located on a higher floors. Our suite was on the 19th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank WarrenTravler
, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear WarrenTraveler,

Thank you for choosing Cambridge Suites as your place in the city during your recent trip to Toronto! I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and we appreciated your thoughtful comments. Our Guest Services Team have a reputation for beign the friendliest in the city and look forward to meeting the challenge of shining more brightly on your next visit. Best wishes with your future travels.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at Cambridge Suites last weekend with a few of my friends. The lobby is really nice (we took lots of pictures in there!) I was surprised with how big the suite was - nice sitting area (sofa bed plus chairs) with TV, bar sink, fridge and dishes/utensils. There was a big office desk by the window overlooking a great view. The closed off bedroom was a fair size and a very comfortable bed. Not to mention the bathroom - the dressing area was large enough for us to all do our hair/make up at the same time!! We even used the comfortable robes. The customer service was great, and the bottled water and chocolates was a good treat. Location of course is excellent. We did not eat dinner at Portico, but did enjoy the breakfast (continental with hot dishes as well). I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite with a great view and lovely sunshine!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RuchiSLP
RuchiSLP,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing such nice comments with the tripadvisor community. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of service to you!

Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed six nights in room 1902 which was fairly large and nicely deorated with a separate living room area which had a queen sized sofa bed, table with four chairs, a refrigerator, microwave, sink with all the necessary utensils and plates to have a meal and a very large TV. The separate sleeping area also had a TV as well. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom area had a very large marble counter top but with only one sink which was separate from the commode and shower area. The only problems were the AC, which was very cumbersome to operate in that the temperature settings and fan were not reliable or consistent, the lighting was not as bright as I would have liked and there was a periodic clicking sound which seemed to be coming from the bathroom area and may have been due to hot water temperature changes. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The included full buffet breakfast was excellent. Travelling was very easy with nearby subway stations.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carlybaby1
, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear carlybaby1,

Thank you for the thoughtful review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the useful feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies with the AC control challenges you experienced. If I can ever help with future travel plans, please do not hesitate to ask.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed at Cambridge Suites Hotel for 3 nights from 6th - 10th June 2012 and had a fantastic time. We stayed in one of the 3 penthouse suites on the top floor (floor 22) which were excellent. they were very large, spread over 2 floors in fact. the ground floor had a large lounge and dining area with a big TV and comfy sofa. A small kitchen area was attached with a bar front leading into the lounge area and beyond that was the second bedroom with en suite. The top floor had an additional lounge and desk area and a large master bedroom with en suite (with steam room / sauna facilities in the shower and whirlpool bath) and wardrobe / sink areas.

All in all the suite was excellent, very clean and well looked after. there were also some nice views of the Toronto skyline from the windows and the room was quiet at night with no obvious noise from the cars or street below. There is a small but nice gym area on the 22nd floor as well along with a sauna and hot tub. We used the hot tub one night which was very hot and had nice views over the city as well.

Breakfast was included with the suite which was varied and very good. Large selection of coffee, tea, juices, cereals, toast, bagels, waffles, fruit, pastries etc each morning along with a few hot items. The 3 mornings we were there this included oats and scrambled eggs each day available to chooce from the buffet area and then the third item varied between bacon, sausages and potato/bacon 'shavings'. All in all very nice and a friendly atmosphere.

Staff were very welcoming and helpful, giving us a good idea of locations to visit and directions. The hotel is in a very good spot as well, being just down the road from the Eaton Centre mall (5 mins walk) and with a lot of restaraunts and bars near by. There's a very nice Irish bar down the road towards the water front (~5 mins) which is worth a visit. Easy enough access to the CN Tower and waterside areas on foot as well (~20 mins walk), so all in all a good spot to set up base in Toronto.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor to reduce any noise from the street
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank si2009
Dear si2009,

I am very pleased you had the chance to treat yourself to a Penthouse Suite experience. While all of our suties are unique, our Penthouse Suites are truly special and I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time in one of them. If you are planning a future trip to Toronto, please do not hesitate to let me know - I would be happy to help!

Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is the exact same review I submitted to the hotel directly after my stay with their own online system. It only seems fair that I submit it on here as well as I still faithfully use Trip Advisor for all of my hotel research before booking.

The honest truth- overall experience was excellent!

Advantages: 1. location is great, 1 min walk from Eaton Centre yet felt safe & secure. 2. 2 room suite is a bonus with a young family who might need that separation for children to sleep at night. But was also great for a separate visiting area. 3. Lots of hot water, great water pressure and comfy beds.

Disadvantages: 1. our room fridge was stocked with hotel supplied beverages which came at a cost. We did not have much room to put our own personal items that needed refrigerating. What makes this odd is the fact that they also had a separate bar fridge that required a key to get into so one would assume that to have been emptied for the guest and not used by the hotel. 2. Hotel has a brita attached to the bar tap but yet it needed to be replaced and was not working. Definitely something to look into before releasing the room to guests. 3. A non-smoking hotel but on our 3rd and final night we could smell cigarette smoking coming into our room from the hallway. We phoned down to desk and they had management come up to look into it. We had our Do not Disturb on the door already as we were settled in for the night but could see the manager walking the halls from our room peep hole as our room was directly off the elevators. We had no follow up (didn't expect it really) but had to put hotel towels on the door floor edge so not to have smoke come into the room. Inquired the next morning at the desk about it and they had not heard anything about it....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear ibgizzmo,

Thank you for the thorough review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated your suggestions for improvement. I am very sorry your water filtration tap was not working properly and sorry to read about your unfortunate nieghbours. Be sure to let me know when you are returning so I can thank you personally. I hope to make sure your next stay is perfect!

Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here a few times in the past and really enjoyed staying here until a recent visit. Maybe it wasn't such a great stay because of the construction that was going on. It was a hassle getting to and from the car park. The rooms are quite nice and spacious. However this time around I found housekeeping wasn't as good as before. To top it all off the room I got must have been on top of their Italian restaurant the room smelled like Italian food the whole time. I decided not to stay here again because of these issues. I do like the fact that its very close to Eaton Center and its walking distance to Queen street for shopping. For now I will stick to the Eaton Marriot which I tried after the bad experience here. Perhaps down the road I will give Cambridge suites a try again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank eosinophil
Dear eosinophil,

I am very sorry to read that you were not as impressed as you had been during past stays. I was disappointed to learn that your comfort was impacted by renovations in the area and the smell of Italian food. I can assure you that there are not any major long term construction projects outside and the "restaurant smell" is not typical. Our restaurant, as well as the surrounding ones, have well designed ventilation systems and usually manage this effectively but we will look into it to ensure all is ok. I truly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again and encourage you to contact me directly the next time you reserve so I can personally make sure you have exceptional stay.

London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Very nice hotel, spacious 3 rooms, nice working desk, two hd tv's , perfect location if you want downtown Toronto just a half block from Younge St. Also the Sunset grille had a great breakfast for about $10 at Younge and Richmond (Half block away)

Room Tip: Walking distance to the theater district
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear youcancallmejay,

Thanks for the review! If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.