“2 uncomfortable nights in Toronto”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights on Richmond street in the Cambridge Suites Nov. 15/16. The staff were very rude and unhelpful. We booked through Expedia and it was clear they did not like that fact. We did not have a problem with any of the extra charges and yet they clearly expected that we would and did not offer a solution to the problem of booking a room for 4 that was meant for 2. The pull out couch was uncomfortable and the door to the shared bathroom would not stay closed. We were charged extra and still we had to ask for extra bedding, extra glasses and towels. Then the glasses were removed and we had to ask again. No information about the hotel amenities was provided. Found out from another guest ( who was having problems too) that there is a hot tub. Getting out of the parking garage was a problem as signage suggested a pass was needed and when we asked for help the answer we were given was that it has been the same for 6 years...as if we should know how to get out having never been there before. We were made to feel unwelcome and will not be going back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank tani705
There are newer reviews for Cambridge Suites Toronto

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in past few months, one of those times for a week. The location is perfect for downtown, every place you would want to visit is walkable. The Eaton Centre is two blocks away, Dundas square within 5 minutes, Hockey Hall of Fame, CN Tower, St. Lawrence Market, St. James Park, Distillery, all only short walk away.
The hotel itself is great, everything is always spotless, the houskeeping staff keeps the rooms really clean and stocked, with fresh towels as you need them. They even pay attention to your habits. When I was staying here for a week, the housekeeper noticed that I never use the blanket on top of the bed, and instead of always placing it on top like they do usually, she would fold it nicely onto a shelf instead (small thing, but I found it really thoughtful). There are also extra pillows and comforters in the drawers.
Each room is huge, there is a living room, tiny kitchen with fridge and microwave and bedroom area. And the beds are amazing. Huge and super comfortable.

There are always many people working at the reception - good thing, as you can always find someone when you need help. But hard to compliment on specific people. All friendly and nice, but some exceptionally great. But overall everyone is always very helpful, professional and friendly. I would recommend this place to everyone who wants to stay downtown and wants to walk everywhere and have a great accomodation at the same time. You can't beat this place. I will definitely be staying here again next month when I return to Toronto.

The only recommendation I would have is to put cutlery and plates for two in the kitchenette, like they do in Cambridge Suites in Sydney.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank addie76h
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is very centrally located to all of the downtown toronto malls, including the bay and is also in walking distance to the downtown market. easy access to the freeway coming into town. The room was very nice. sofa sleeper was very comfortable. staff were overall very accommodating. also reasonably priced. GREAT place to stay!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen c
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We've been home for 6 days from Toronto but had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. We are a family of 3, our son slept on the sofa bed which he said was very comfortable. The rooms we're very clean and replenished with towels and amentities every day. There's a mini kitchenette area and dining area, I was impressed with the launderette in the parking area downstairs. The hotel is very central if you don't hire a car, Eaton Centre is a 5 minute walk, The Path is even better if you want to stay inside whilst walking. Loads of places to eat too......

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel is centrally located in downtown Toronto and offers nicely appointed suites. I stayed there with 3 of my coworkers and all 4 rooms were different, all on the same floor. That being said, they were all nice, a good size, with plenty of seating and room to hang out. The room was clean and well maintained, except for a few small things in the bathroom. The shower head was kind of a mess, with a messy caulk job trying to seal it to the wall. The floor in the bathroom needed some help, all scratched up and in need of some repair. Other than those small details, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank matthtravels
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I've stayed at the CS off and on for years, but had to write a review based on my last visit. About a year ago I stayed there, and mentioned I had a gluten intolerance when I ordered room service. This time, I ordered room service, and when it arrived there was gluten free bread on the side - and I hadn't mentioned my dietary restriction this time! THAT is the sort of customer care that differentiates a hotel and gets my loyalty. Other than that, the rooms are very large and well appointed, and the bed was comfortable (in part because they swapped my pillows to feather upon request!). Great service, Cambridge Suites!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in Toronto at the Cambridge Suites. The room was on the 20th floor and quite spacious. The bed was comfy as well. Fun view! We enjoyed the breakfast that was part of our package. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful from check in to check out. Parking was a bit pricey but convenient. Restaurants, the Path and shops were near by. What a bargain! I will be back and the Cambridge will be my home away from home!

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor. You may want to look for a breakfast spot nearby instead of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple