“Not too bad, but nothing outstanding.”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 December 2013

It's an OK hotel, great location, the room wasn't anything that I would talk about to anyone particularly. It is what it is, it costs about what it's worth. The garage is OK, not too secure though. Their restaurant is nothing to mention; we got free breakfast tickets, but we went to the nearby Marché restaurant rather, that's something to die for, though it's more expensive (you get what you pay for, truly).
It's to their benefit that they said they will send my iPhone charger cable to my address, though they wouldn't have called me telling me that I forgot it there, I had to call to see if they found it in our room after we left.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob-ShowersAndMore
Michelle R, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It sounds as though we did not meet all of your expectations. For that I certainly apologize. We take great pride in our services and therefore I would enjoy an opportunity to touch base regarding your recent stay.

You can reach me directly at the hotel or via email. My email address is mrivoire@cambridgesuitestoronto.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We would like to thank Stew, Andy, Jenna and Joana at the front desk at the Cambridge Suites Hotel in Toronto who made our 10th anniversary very special. They made sure we had a lovely room in a quiet area in the hotel for our much needed time away and surprised us with a bottle of Champaign on our anniversary. It was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle R, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Good Day Sherry,

What a wonderful review. I am delighted to read Stew, Andy, Jeanna & Joana surprised and delighted you while with us! They are thrilled to be recognized and look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit!

Happy Anniversary from the Cambridge Suites Hotel!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our room was wonderful. Large sitting area and bathroom, plus a separate bedroom. We were very comfortable and very pleased with the room. Excellent location in downtown Toronto. Convenient parking. We would happily return next time we're in Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your magnificent comments. It brings us great pleasure to know how comfortable your stay was! Please don’t hesitate to contact me personally, whenever I can help with your future travel needs.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The staff at this hotel made everything completely seamless. I was disappointed there was no possibility for a late checkout, but that is my only complaint. From beginning to end this hotel was awesome! The hotel staff were helpful and the cleaning staff was great!

Amazing stay, would recommend it to everyone and definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toronto E

It sounds like you had a lovely stay! Thank you for recommending us!

Happy Holidays from the Cambridge Suites Hotel!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Wonderful staff, great large suite with all the comforts of home. Extra points to staff who relocated me to an upper floor/quiet suite due to very noisy city road-work immediately in-front of hotel that lasted past 11 pm immediately in front of hotel.
The suite offered a very comfortable king bed with excellent quality bed linens/duvets and bathrobes. Two flat-screen televisions, adjustable climate control, perfect free wifi, lots of desk space and comfortable sofa/chairs. dimmers everywhere :-)
Room service/housekeeping was really excellent....and respected do-not-disturb sign when posted. Very clean. Good pod coffee maker in-room and acceptable selection of snacks/mineral water/wine etc.
Excellent price per night through third-party.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank excentrus

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am overjoyed to read what a pleasant stay you had with us! I have shared your feedback with our teams and they were simply thrilled to hear about your review.

If I can ever be of assistance on a future trip to Toronto, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early November 2013, selecting it over other hotels because of its proximity to restaurants and shopping. We arrived after dark and couldn't figure out where to park without using a valet, so we parked across the street, which seemed safer anyways. Front desk staff were polite and quickly checked us in. Our 5th floor suite overlooked the parking lot for our car which was a nice coincidence. The seating area was nice, the minibar well stocked but ludicrously expensive- there is a convenience store across the street from the hotel so take a quick walk and save your money. The bed was comfortable, and bedding appeared clean, though the bed skirt had some very questionable and large stains on it. The bathroom was tired and in need of a deep clean. Discoloured grout, hair under the vanity, discoloured tub were less than appealing. Great location though as expected, so I guess it was worth it, since we got a deal on the room through Hotels.com. Definitely not the upscale place I was expecting, but was average with a great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whippetlovr

First let me apologize for obviously not meeting your expectations. We have a tremendous reputation for clean, quality suites, needless to say, I was disappointed to read your message and I know the rest of our team was as well.

You will be happy to hear we will begin hotel renovations in 2014. We are extremely excited to get our new suites underway. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your concerns. If you could contact me at your earliest convenience. It would be greatly appreciated. You can reach me directly at the hotel or via email, mrivoire@cambridgesuitestoronto.com.

Director of rooms

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights on Richmond street in the Cambridge Suites Nov. 15/16. The staff were very rude and unhelpful. We booked through Expedia and it was clear they did not like that fact. We did not have a problem with any of the extra charges and yet they clearly expected that we would and did not offer a solution to the problem of booking a room for 4 that was meant for 2. The pull out couch was uncomfortable and the door to the shared bathroom would not stay closed. We were charged extra and still we had to ask for extra bedding, extra glasses and towels. Then the glasses were removed and we had to ask again. No information about the hotel amenities was provided. Found out from another guest ( who was having problems too) that there is a hot tub. Getting out of the parking garage was a problem as signage suggested a pass was needed and when we asked for help the answer we were given was that it has been the same for 6 years...as if we should know how to get out having never been there before. We were made to feel unwelcome and will not be going back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends