“indifferent service”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is our second visit to this location. As before the rooms were very nice and reasonably priced. However the whole experience was let down by totally indifferent front house staff.
Booking a cab to the airport was beyond their capacity, we had to walk outside at 3:30 am to find a cab because the front staff agreed to book it, then forgot to do so, and then did not care.
Ordering room service was also disappointing- the schedule is already random on the menu and was never respected. The "24 hour" menu was only available between 12-1030 pm.
Apart from greeting you when you came in, the front staff was indifferent, unapologetic, incompetent, and lethargic.
We will not return a third time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carolina c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Thanks to the Ice Storm here in Toronto and lack of power at home, my family checked in to this hotel for 3 nights over Xmas. Room was very clean, sheets were very nice, towels were good, pillows were good, the beds including the pullout couch were comfortable. Washroom is set up well for a family as the toilet and shower area are separated from the sink and mirror area.

The Wifi at this hotel is amazing. With two teenagers, two computers and an ipad the connection speed was better than at home or at work. I would love to know how they pulled this off.

We didn't really need any service but the front desk staff was pleasant.

This hotel is very well situated in the city, right near the Eaton Center and within walking distance of everything downtown.

I would stay here again...likely in the summer when we have the next power outage !!!

Room Tip: You can hear the elevator bell in the room directly across; it didn't bother us but you may wis...
1  Thank SusanABC
Michelle R, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Good Day Susan,

I am sorry to read you lost power over the holidays due to the unfortunate ice storm! We were certainly happy we were able to accommodate families during this time. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and we can welcome you back on better circumstances next time!

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is a very good, affordable choice. The location is fantastic, especially if you like to shop. Direct access to the PATH including Eaton Centre, and still very close to lots of other tourist sites. It is nice to have 2 rooms and they are recently updated, tasteful and clean. The garage is convenient and well lit. We got one suite for a family of four and since the beds are only doubles (not queens) it was a bit tight. Also, I would not recommend paying extra to have breakfast included--it is not that great and you are so near great breakfast places that it is better to go out. But overall, we were pleased.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
2  Thank Estra G

Good Day Estra,

Thank you for you kind words. I hope you were able to beat the crowds while shopping over the holidays! I would also like to apologize that you did not enjoy our hot breakfast. We are very cognizant of our services and thank you for your feedback.

Please contact me anytime you require assistance with your travel needs.

Happy New Year from the Cambridge Suites Hotel!

Director of rooms

Reviewed 28 December 2013

A real bargain. Extremely convenient to shopping, restaurants, coffee shops. We rented 2 suites for our family for Thanksgiving and there was more than enough room for everyone. The suites are very spacious, the bedroom had doors that you could close off from the living room area. As well, there was a desk that also had adequate space to work. The room is great for either work or pleasure. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I am disappointed to read our service did not meet your expectations this stay. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your concerns.

You can reach me by contacting the hotel directly or via email. My email address is mrivoire@cambridgesuitestoronto.com.

I look forward to speaking with you and hope you have a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here as a family during the December power cuts. We are two adults and three children and stayed in a double suite. It was roomy enough with a pull out couch in the separate living area.

The service was average - we called for extra blankets and they never turned up. We had a room right near the elevators which had an unnecessary loud ding which could be heard through two room doors.

The meal was great - especially the kids menu - kids under five eat free when adult orders.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room far away from the elevator.
1  Thank Kiwi08

I am disappointed to read our service did not meet your expectations this stay. I would like the opportunity to speak with your directly regarding your concerns.

I look forward to speaking with you and hope you have a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

It's an OK hotel, great location, the room wasn't anything that I would talk about to anyone particularly. It is what it is, it costs about what it's worth. The garage is OK, not too secure though. Their restaurant is nothing to mention; we got free breakfast tickets, but we went to the nearby Marché restaurant rather, that's something to die for, though it's more expensive (you get what you pay for, truly).
It's to their benefit that they said they will send my iPhone charger cable to my address, though they wouldn't have called me telling me that I forgot it there, I had to call to see if they found it in our room after we left.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible.
1  Thank Rob-ShowersAndMore

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It sounds as though we did not meet all of your expectations. For that I certainly apologize. We take great pride in our services and therefore I would enjoy an opportunity to touch base regarding your recent stay.

You can reach me directly at the hotel or via email. My email address is mrivoire@cambridgesuitestoronto.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We would like to thank Stew, Andy, Jenna and Joana at the front desk at the Cambridge Suites Hotel in Toronto who made our 10th anniversary very special. They made sure we had a lovely room in a quiet area in the hotel for our much needed time away and surprised us with a bottle of Champaign on our anniversary. It was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle R, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Good Day Sherry,

What a wonderful review. I am delighted to read Stew, Andy, Jeanna & Joana surprised and delighted you while with us! They are thrilled to be recognized and look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit!

Happy Anniversary from the Cambridge Suites Hotel!