“Great place to stay”

Ranked #38 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Perth, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We did quite a bit f research and ended up at the Cambridge Suites. Being from out of town you're never sure what you're going to get. We were pleasantly surprised. Our room was a Cityscape suite and very spacious - separate bedroom, living and bathroom areas. While not ultra modern certainly spacious and the bed was very comfortable.
The staff were very personable, especially the barman at the Portico restaurant. Can highly recommend this hotel, comfy stay, close to shopping ( we were there when it was very cold and you only have to walk across the driveway to enter the PATH which is the underground shopping tunnels for out of towners) and about 100 m from a fabulous restaurant called Richmond Station.
We didn't use the spa/ gym area but it looked good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Swanway
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thanks Swanway for your kind words regarding your hotel stay. It certainly is handy to have access to the underground PATH during the cold, winter days! Best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I decided to go on a road trip from Chicago to Toronto during the Memorial Day weekend, and, after checking different lodging solutions in the city, we decided for the Cambridge Suites Hotel.

The location of the hotel is right in the center of the city, yet it is somewhat quiet and from our room we couldn't hear any noise.

When we made the reservation, we also took advantage of a special 25% off on the total bill, when staying for 3 nights, which helped keeping the whole price down.

In addition, for an extra $27 a day, we could park our rental car in a garage across the street from the hotel.

Our room was a Suite King & Sofabed. It was really spacious and the layout was nice, with the living area (which featured a desk, a couch, a bar area and a flat screen TV) completely separated from the sleeping one, so that one could watch TV even if the other was in bed sleeping.
The bathroom too was big and comfortable, although the furniture was a little outdated.

The staff was helpful but not intrusive and the overall experience was pleasant. I only have one minor comment: during our stay one of the two elevators wasn't working, and that caused some delay in getting to our room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Simone C
Hello Simone C, many thanks for your insightful feedback and lovely pictures of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the slow elevator service as there was a city wide elevator strike in May 2013. I'm happy to inform you that this issue was resolved and we have all 4 hotel elevators in working order. We hope to welcome you on your next road trip to Toronto!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I appreciated the size of the room with a separate king bed and pull out couch, but the furnishings were old and tired. There were scratches on the table that were very noticeable. Not what I had hoped for. Rooms need major updating including the washroom. Expected better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank followup2014
Hello followup2014, I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. We are in the midst of finalizing the hotel's renovations aimed for completion in 2014! Please contact me directly at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com as I would be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity of welcoming you once again to our hotel.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Amazing views from the room, the hot tub, sauna and exercise room was open 24hrs which was VERY convenient if you come in late from supper,shopping or a movie! The hot tub, sauna and exercise room is at the top floor with all clear glass windows to see the most amazing view every night. The hotel is less than a 5 minute walk to the Eaton Centre and many restaurants, including a very nice little breakfast place less than a block away that they recommend. We tried the hotel restaurant one night an had exceptional food with good service. The rooms are very spacious and well decorated. Includes two tv's, very large bathroom counter and a large comfortable bed. The mini bar was stocked with many tempting options such as their candy selections, alcohol options and other beverages. Our flight was canceled after the second night and they were very accommodating with fitting us into the hotel for another night. Awesome customer service and very helpful, nothing bad to say about this hotel! Will gladly recommend it to everyone and we will be returning!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley H
Wow! Thank you so much Ashley for your awesome review about your hotel stay with us. Our rooftop fitness studio is a hidden gem in the city with its spectacular city views! Yes, I would also certainly agree that the Portico food is delicious as well. We look forward to your next stay with us!
London, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night in the spring for our anniversary. We were very impressed with the space of the suite and the service, especially in the Portico restaurant. I recently stayed here for a night on business. Both times check-in was a bit of an issue due to me not remembering my PIN number for my credit card. I booked online and showed government ID, but said they could not bypass the PIN. My fault, so I had to call the credit card company and all was well.
Both times I've stayed at Cambridge Suites I've noticed that the cleaning is not done all that well. The first time it wasn't too bad, I just could tell that the bathroom floor wasn't cleaned very well. This latest time I could tell immediately that none of the counters had been wiped down, from the mini bar counter to the bathroom vanity. Also, the dining table had noticable food stains and cup rings. The bed and sheets were very clean looking so that's all I really care about, I'm just glad that I was able to get a sale on the room when I booked. We will likely be back if we find a deal, but otherwise we will look into something else next time.

Room Tip: The deluxe suite is very roomy with a round dining table and four chairs, as well as a living area w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ellen H
Kissimmee
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Perfect location, friendly staff, nice clean rooms. It was a great place to stay. Front desk was very helpful and had no problems with loud noise etc. Would definitely stay there again. I didn't even know they had a pool so thats why I gave a bad rating for that plus I went in January so pool wasn't really in question.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The rooms were nicely appointed but could have been cleaned a little more thoroughly by the cleaning staff. Pieces of paper on the carpet, hairball on the bathroom floor, just little things. The front desk staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. The food provided for our conference was basic but nothing extremely special. Still, all in all, a good place to stay and one I would recommend to family coming in from out of town.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business