“Practically perfect in every way”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #37 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Cleveland, Ohio
“Practically perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a really nice stay here! Rooms are nicely appointed--a sleeper double in one room and a comfortable queen in the other. A shared bathroom with access from both rooms. Both rooms have big flat screens and there is a fridge along with a microwave built in to the counter space in the room. Bedroom is small but fine. Shower is fantastic. Nice verbena bath stuff too! We had a really excellent dinner in the restaurant Portico downstairs--they have a kids menu. Not cheap but yummy and great cocktails. Husband ate breakfast there but kids and I went across the street to the Sunset cafe which was a great breakfast spot and clearly popular! Easy access to subway. Everyone on staff was really nice and accommodating. Parking is steep but you do have in/out privileges and can access car at any time. Always cabs available.
Also used gym which is on the top floor and has a great view with a few machines. Sauna and whirlpool though we did not use these.
The only complaint is that the walls are thin-- at least in our room and this made for some pretty interesting voyeurism through audio. Suffice it to say it got annoying after awhile but we managed. Next time I think I would feel comfortable asking for a new room.
All in all I highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Bellamyp
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi Bellamyp, I'm thrilled that you & your family enjoyed your hotel stay. I apologize for the extra audio entertainment provided by our exuberant guests! We are here to ensure that all our guests have a memorable hotel stay so don't be shy to let us know when we can help. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Good sized room. Suites make it easier if you have a baby or child so everyone has enough space. We have stayed here twice in the last year, and both times have not been disappointed. Parking is reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello marc_natalie, your loyalty is appreciated. Thanks so much for staying with us.
Madoc, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I travel frequently to Toronto to attend a variety of functions. I would like to commend Cambridge Suites on the excellent service we always receive. The front desk staff are not only friendly but always helpful when needing info regarding happenings in the city. The suites are clean and well-laid out and the beds are extremely comfortable. We always enjoy the impeccable service, whether it be from room service or dining in the restaurant. The food is always delicious and I am partial to the Pad Thai on the room service menu which, in my opinion, is the best in the city. We also love to stay here because of the location right in the heart of the city. It's a convenient walk to short cab ride to most downtown attractions.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxed, comfortable stay in the city. My daughters and I will be staying at the Cambridge in a few weeks to attend a concert in Toronto and I am not sure if I am looking forward more to the concert or to the Pad Thai!
Bob and Nancy N.

Room Tip: All the suites are great but the higher floors have really impressive views of the city!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NancyandBobN
Hello NancyandBobN, sincere thanks for sharing your hotel experience. I absolutely agree that the Pad Thai is delicious! We look forward to welcoming you and your daughters again soon. I'm certain the concert will be fantastic too!
Sarnia, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Cambridge suites is a nice hotel, the rooms are clean and our stay was great right up until we looked at out credit card bill.

We cleaned our room before we left and made sure everything was in place thank god we take pictures of our hotel rooms before we leave. We were charged for eating the treat from the mini bar and taking red wine when my spouse, child and I don't even drink and we didn't touch a thing in that room except the show, slept in our bed and then left the next day. The only other person in our room was house keeping and magically we were charged for eating treats and booze we didn't touch. BE WARE OF THE HOUSE KEEPING STAFF HERE UNTLES THE HOTEL DOES THIS KIND OF THING TO MANY OTHERS TRYING TO SCAM MONEY.

Room Tip: I would over all stay away form this hotel unless you want fake room charges add to your credit card...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank mattNchristine s
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hello mattNchristine s, I apologize if we charged your account in error. Did you contact the hotel directly that was immediately corrected? This charge was reversed from your credit card on February 9, 2014. Please let me know if this was the correct account and amount that I reviewed. If not, please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com. Thanks!
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I am getting married in a few weeks and contacted the Cambridge Suites a few months ago to coordinate rates etc. for my guests. We set it up so my guests would call in with the party name and I was given a general rate for the night of my wedding. After speaking to my fiancé, and at his urging, I called Cambridge Suites back to ask if they offered a government rate. I was informed that they do and was provided with that rate. I was told that if my guests requested this rate it would be available but government ID would have to be presented at check in.

Well last week two guests contact me to let me know the hotel is not honouring government rates because of a special event that is in town.

I call Cambridge Suites and speak to Elizabeth, head of reservations, as Ann is away. I am told that government rates could not have been offered for this day because of the special event taking place. She goes on to say that Ann has no notes to this effect but she will discuss it with her upon her return.

Today Ann calls me and argues that government rates had not been negotiated when we spoke. I explained that was not the problem but she persisted. Then I was told that government rates have black out dates and my wedding happens to fall on one....funny that no where on their site does it advise of black out dates. Then she flat out tells me that she didn't tell me government rates would apply. So what...I'm lying? I must have pulled the rate amount out of the air!!! She continues to inform me she has detailed notes that do not include any such information (re: government rate). When I informed her that I too has taken notes of our conversation, she suggested that they were not thorough!!!! Yet she only recalled 2 of our 3 conversations....hmm great notes! Very professional indeed!

It's unfortunate any of my guests booked with them. Who knows what rates they'll face once they actually check-in!

Customer service is everything! Therefore this hotel is worth nothing!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sharmaka
Hello sharmaka, thank you for your feedback. I fell short of your customer service expectation and I apologize for this. With sincere regards, we look forward to welcoming your wedding guests to our hotel in March 2014.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I just came back from a week in Toronto, and stayed here for the first time. I was greeted with friendly smiles and service that did not waiver throughout the week. I stayed in a suite on one of the top floors. I had a great view of the city. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I heard zero noise from the busy city below. Complimentary buffet "European-style" breakfast, which changed daily. Free wi-fi. And, what I really liked, was free complimentary gym passes at Good-Life (literally next door) for my entire stay. So, I was able to get a great night's sleep, generous breakfast and full workout using all the equipment of my gym back home. The hotel is located in the heart of the city and moving in any direction was very easy by foot or cab. I will absolutely stay here again, and look forward to future renovations, which I heard will be happening in the near future. This hotel has it all, and at a great price. Five stars.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on the top floor. Gorgeous view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Striker0813
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hello Striker0813, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your hotel experience from our friendly staff to our comfortable amenities and our convenient, central downtown location. I'm pleased to tell you that yes, renovations are being finalized for 2014! I will post this information on TripAdvisor as soon as I have the appropriate details. Thanks again!
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We did quite a bit f research and ended up at the Cambridge Suites. Being from out of town you're never sure what you're going to get. We were pleasantly surprised. Our room was a Cityscape suite and very spacious - separate bedroom, living and bathroom areas. While not ultra modern certainly spacious and the bed was very comfortable.
The staff were very personable, especially the barman at the Portico restaurant. Can highly recommend this hotel, comfy stay, close to shopping ( we were there when it was very cold and you only have to walk across the driveway to enter the PATH which is the underground shopping tunnels for out of towners) and about 100 m from a fabulous restaurant called Richmond Station.
We didn't use the spa/ gym area but it looked good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Swanway
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thanks Swanway for your kind words regarding your hotel stay. It certainly is handy to have access to the underground PATH during the cold, winter days! Best wishes.