“Suites for cheap!”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Such a great price for a suite - that's what made me book. Fantastic location, warm (important in a Canadian winter!) and pleasant staff.
The rooms are a little dated and the bathrooms were very basic. The other downside was the breakfast - very basic and not delicious (I took my own and they didn't mind at all). It's probably more of a business hotel, but I would recommend it if you're independent and don't need a lot of tourist advise.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi AjandMaria, thanks for your feedback and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,870)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I loved everything about this place. First, the awesome location. This hotel is a part of PATH, Toronto's underground walking system that connects many business centers and shopping malls and is a shopping alley itself. I arrived to Toronto's train station on a freezing November afternoon and it took me 15 minutes to walk to Cambridge Suites. Just make sure you have your PATH map with you or you may get lost,

Second, the suite itself. A big cozy bed, two flat screen TVs, an iPod dock station, free WiFi, a vanity room, it's like being home away from home. The only thing that could use a little improvement is the heating system that's pretty noisy, but once you turn it off, the room temperature drops pretty quickly.

Third, the lovely staff. I didn't have any major concerns, though. Just enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of staff.

Fourth, the place is a mere 1 minute underground walk from The Bay Company store and a 3 minute walk from the Eaton Center where I spent 2 full days shopping without even having to put my coat on to get there.

Fifth, the quality/price ratio is incredible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kupava

Hell Kupava, Thanks for taking the time to share your hotel experience. We appreciate all types of feedback. Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com to let me know your suite number so we can check the heating system. I'm happy that you took advantage of the PATH as it has been a very cold and snowy winter in Toronto. Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at the Cambridge Suites when in Toronto for a weekend bizcation in February. This is our go-to choice in Toronto. The rooms are wonderful, the location and amenities are just what we want and need. If you're not familiar with hotels this is the one to choose. The bedroom and sitting areas are separate, which provides for a more home-like setting. Comfortable and relaxing. Good location for downtown - near ACC, restaurants, Distillery area, CN Tower, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skysam

Hi skysam, Many thanks for your loyalty and for continuing to stay at our hotel. We look forward to your next trip. Cheers!

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Well located and spacious but its been run down. Don't fool yourself this is not a high end hotel. We were supposed by the poor condition of our room on arrival after the glowing trip advisor reviews. The WiFi drops out regularly and only connects on the odd occasion. Speaking to the front desk about it is a date of time and the tech support doesn't ring back. Surely Toronto has better to offer?

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello rsea1978, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your hotel experience with us. Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com. I would like to verify the suite number so we may check the condition of the suite and the WiFi service. Thanks!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at the Cambridge Suites, along with another couple, on March 1 before the Matt Anderson performance at Massey Hall. Although we've always stayed at the Chelsea, the Sheraton Centre, or the Hilton on many of our prior Toronto trips, we decided to try the Cambridge Suites based on this website's reviews as well as it's decent rate. Without quite knowing what to expect, we checked in and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of our room and the amenities! We and our friends had side-by-side suites at the end of the hall on a lower floor and both loved the wrap-around windows. The rooms looked very recently renovated and were in great shape...new carpet, very nice furnishings. The suite had one of the most well stocked bars we've ever seen and included a bar sink, and there was even a nice tea pot available. Both the living room and separate bedroom had large flat screen TVs. Like the rest of the suite, the bathroom was very clean and had excellent amenities and a magnifying mirror.

The breakfast was OK...not bad at all but not great. The staff were pleasant but seemed overwhelmed and some of the items that ran out at 9 a.m. weren't replaced, even though breakfast was offered until 10...when we asked for an item that had run out, staff said they were too busy to get more. But the dining room is very pleasant and overall we had enough to be satisfied.

There is no pool here but there is a whirlpool. We didn't had time to use it, though. The underground parking is very convenient.

One of the best assets is the location...essentially kitty-corner to The Bay's south east entrance, 5 minute walk (if that) to Massey Hall, 5 minute walk to the excellent Beer Bistro, one of our favourite restaurants....close to all downtown attractions, really.

We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MedonteTraveller
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thanks MedonteTraveller for sharing about your first hotel experience with us. I'm glad that you took the chance to try us out. I will certainly follow-up with your breakfast concerns. Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Cambridge Suites Hotel in Toronto is ultra convenient to the main part of town. Only 10 minutes above ground to the central business district and a little longer by the PATH (even longer for me as I always get lost down there).
The suites are spacious very clean and well maintained. Front desk and all staff are friendly and helpful. The space in the room compared to a standard hotel room is awesome.
Treat yourself. There is no need to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabsy17

Hello Garbsy17! Thanks so much for your feedback on your hotel experience. I, myself, still get lost in the PATH too. We look forward to your next visit. Cheers!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Excellent customer service and ultra clean, spacious hotel rooms...The staff is wonderful and is very accomodating...I never slept better in my life...This is the perfect place if you're travelling for business!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hello Sheila M, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your hotel stay. Cheers!