“Good downtown location.”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at this property for three days in Feb 2014. There is a fair amount of street construction nearby. Check-in was good. The property is in fair repair. Rooms are dated but clean. My bathroom sink was an experiment in drain repair and clogging. The rooms are large with more space than I need. Beds are ok. The property was quiet. The breakfast was good. Although at each breakfast the servers were seemingly offended that I was not on some pre-paid meal plan. I was happy to pay of course but they thought it was odd. I thought their reaction was odd. More coffee please.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tenmile1
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello tenmile1, thanks for your informative feedback. In order to improve our service, please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com with your suite number. I would like to have our maintenance team check the sink drain. I'll also follow-up on the breakfast servers. I apologize for any discomfort their reactions caused you. Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My college-aged daughter & I visited Toronto in early March (2014) and chose the Cambridge Suites Hotel based on its tripadvisor reviews. It was a wonderful experience and perfect location. We parked the car upon arrival and never used it the entire trip. The hotel is on the underground PATH system, which is nice when visiting in winter, but it is also centrally located so walking above-ground to museums, shopping and restaurants was never difficult. The suite was a nice size, and the beds were very comfortable. My only negative comment is about the restaurant. It had a very limited menu, so chose not to try it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank REGandRMG
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Hello REGandRMG, thanks so much for your hotel commendation. The PATH certainly was a tremendous asset during the frigid cold and snowy winter of 2014 in Toronto! I'm pleased to announce that we launched new lunch & dinner menus in Portico Restaurant & Lounge last week. I'm sorry that this didn't happen in time during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again & hope that our new menus are more pleasing to your palate. Cheers!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a good hotel. It is very nice, and the rooms are excellent, but value for dollar is not as high, thus the rating. Pluses, Internet is very good, and not protected by a gateway which means that when I travel with my xbox to get a little me time in I can login with no problems. The rooms are very good, separate room with living area and bathroom. Breakfast is not always included (seems to be some people get cards and others don't) and to be honest the restaurant is not great, and is overpriced. They have bikes that you can borrow as well which is kind of nice when I have coworkers from out of town I was able to show them around.

Aside from the food, my biggest challenge is that there is no rewards affiliation. So despite the several weeks I have stayed there I have received nothing for it. Being a frequent traveler this is disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael P
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hello Micheal P, many thanks for your feedback regarding our hotel. We value your insight in order to improve our services for future guests as well as for your future visits.
I hope that you'll consider trying our new Portico menus on your next stay as they may be more pleasing to your palate without hurting your wallet.
Currently, we are exploring various loyalty programs. I'll be certain to post any new venture on our hotel listing. Your patronage is appreciated and thanks again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel the weekend of March 21-23. I had requested a room away from the elevator because I'm a light sleeper. We left our bags there in the morning and went shopping. We came back at 1:30pm but were told that there were no rooms ready. The policy is 4pm for checkins and we could not have a room before 4pm. I've never heard of a hotel sticking to their policy for check-in. Usually if there's a room, they let you check-in. Anyway, we go shopping again and show up at 3:30pm and they finally give us a room. We got back to the hotel late in the evening and we heard construction going on below. We expected this to stop but it went on all night, the beep-beep-beep of a truck wake me up at least 10 times! The next evening, the noise was even worse, to the point that I had to turn the TV up! I called and was given the well-reheased excuse that the hotel doesn't control what the City of Toronto does. I told him that the hotel does have control over which room they assign their guests and that I had made a request for a room far from elevators and ice machines so I could sleep. I asked him why they would then give me a room on the side of the construction and not on the other side of the hotel. I got no appology, just another excuse that all rooms were full. So no consideration whatsoever for my request. No offer of compensation, nothing... I will no be going back to a hotel that cares so little for their guests. On top of that, the room was full of dust everywhere and starting to show signs of wear. I expected better for a suite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weezie70
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello Weezie70, thanks for sharing about your unfortunate experience at our hotel.
I stand proudly by my team and offer my sincerest apologies as your expectations were not met. Your insight allows us the opportunity to improve our services for future guests and welcome positive and constructive comments.
Please be assured that I will follow-up with my team to ensure that we offer the utmost comfort to all our guests.
We do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed one night on business.
Very nice room, best I've had in downtown Toronto. One of the nicest rooms I've ever had.
Very roomy, up to date, clean, I loved it.
Wifi worked great, the business center (computer room) was small, but it worked for what I needed.
Staff was very nice and helpful.
I hope to come back in a couple of weeks again

Room Tip: I had a beautiful view from my room, some construction outside the hotel, but that can't be help...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello N J, thanks for your hotel commendation. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I went away for the weekend and wanted to stay somewhere central in Toronto. This is a great location for walking to many places and you can just leave the car at the hotel. One thing to note is that parking is not included in the hotel and it is cheaper to pay the meter parking for your car. The suite was very nice and included a personal Keurig, sitting area with TV, extra sink & beverage area, work station / table, and then the bedroom with TV and also a nice large bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the suite was clean. We were up on a very high floor and were very thankful for that as the City of Toronto was doing construction and was a little irritating but ok. We also got the package that included breakfast. Breakfast was ok, it's $15 otherwise on it's own but next time we may just get breakfast elsewhere. On the highest floor is a whirlpool tub and workout area but when there is other people sitting in it it's not as appealing to sit in the tub. Service was very good, would stay at this hotel again. Very central to many things.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevPEI
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hello KevPEI, First of all, I hope that you and your family are safe at home during the winter storm that is currently hammering the East Coast. It's been a long, snowy and frigid winter! Second, thanks for your detailed hotel feedback. The metered parking rates are during restricted times so it's best to inquire with the Front Desk for the best options. Take care. We look forward to welcoming you again in Toronto!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Such a great price for a suite - that's what made me book. Fantastic location, warm (important in a Canadian winter!) and pleasant staff.
The rooms are a little dated and the bathrooms were very basic. The other downside was the breakfast - very basic and not delicious (I took my own and they didn't mind at all). It's probably more of a business hotel, but I would recommend it if you're independent and don't need a lot of tourist advise.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi AjandMaria, thanks for your feedback and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.