“Great Place to Stay in Toronto”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #35 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband, son and I recently stayed at this hotel and I highly recommend it. The suite was perfect for the three of us. Two small rooms, a bathroom and a kitchen area with a small microwave and fridge. Everything was clean and comfortable, the bedding was great and a perfect location for exploring the City. The staff was extremely helpful, especially Andy who helped us with setting up a tour and finding a good place for dinner. The bar\restaurant attached to the hotel was very nice. We had appetizers and drinks there and they were very good. The server was very nice and gave us a great recommendation for a good Chinese restaurant which we went to later that evening. We only stayed for two nights but it was very nice and I would not hesitate to go back again the next time I am in Toronto.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank arlo6
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello arlo6,
Thank you for sharing about your hotel experience. I'm happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be certain to pass on your kind words about Andy and our Portico server.
We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Hey I had recently stayed here for my Birthday. I was looking for a hotel that could accommodate 3 people, and this hotel did just the trick. The room was clean bright and very spacious. I liked having the separation between the living room and the bedroom. We stayed on the 16th floor which was excellent because we were high enough not to be bothered by the street noise. Our room was located directly across the elevators which I did not mind at all, however if you are a light sleeper you may want to request one at the ends of the hall. My only negative were that some of the front desk staff were rather rude however overall this is a great hotel, great location and I love that they offer Free wifi!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan940

Hello Ryan940,
Thanks for your feedback about your hotel stay. I'm sorry to learn about about my Front Desk team. They are a friendly and energetic crew! Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com if you'd like to share further details.
Happy belated birthday!

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We had a very straightforward experience here. Our room (19th floor) was just fine, and everything was as described in our package. Two notes:
1. The entrance to the underground PATH system took some work to find, but we appreciated the connection.
2. The doors to the rooms could do with an extra lock placed higher on the door (see photo). Our toddler could easily open the door and wander - we solved this by keeping a chair in front of the door.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Studio1402
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hello Studio1402,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that locating the PATH was so cumbersome. I'll also pass on your recommendation regarding the door lock. We look forward to welcoming you and your family on your next stay!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

my 2nd time to stay here for work... my 1st was really nice. after my 2nd stay i think i got a renovated room on my 1st stay and old one on my 2nd.

so.. ask for a newer room when checkin in.

the room didnt even feel clean.
carpet seema dirty. wasn't sure if the AC was working. the internet connection was strong though.

the breakfast selection was pretty good and filling. there was a hot breakfast ...

the location is awesome. walking distance to the mall. i think overall that's what you're paying for, the kocation not the room.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank StellaStyle
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello StellaSyle, thanks for your hotel feedback. I'm sorry, but we don't have any renovated suites. Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com so I may check the condition of the suite that your stayed in. Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I always try to stay at Cambridge Suites when I come to Toronto. It is very centrally located in the middle of downtown, 1 block from the subway stop at Queen and Younge.

Also, they give out free passes for the duration of your stay to the Goodlife gym 1 block away on Younge St. The hotel has a gym too, but I really like that they know that if you are serious about working out and want to stay on your routine while you are away, you need a full service gym. So this is a huge selling feature for me.

The hotel is very clean, well kept. The only downside I would say is the bedding could use a bit of an upgrade with some new soft linens. But at least it all is fresh, clean, and gets changed every stay (I hate hotels that still have the old nylon bed spread that you know only gets washed every few months).

The price is usually very reasonable at this hotel too compared to others in the area with the same quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WestcoastguyYVR

Hi WestcoastguyYVR! Please accept my sincere appreciation for your thorough feedback on our hotel. Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com for your next stay as I may have a Cityscape suite that may be more suitable to your liking and has a higher quality bedding option. Thanks!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Nov. 2013 at the Cambridge and I found the hotel to be a gem! It is located in the heart of downtown. The rooms are spacious, modern and quiet. My room was extremely clean the whole week I stayed there, thanks to the cleaning lady Mila who did a wonderful job. The hotel also has a lovely restaurant downstairs that offers delicious meals. I was also very grateful for the 24 hours business centre available at the hotel. My only complain would be about the Asian front desk receptionist. She was impatient and unfriendly, and I didn't appreciate her attitude at all. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Canadian_traveler111

Hello Canadian_traveler, many thanks for your kind and thoughtful feedback. I'll be certain to pass on your appreciation to Mila and our Housekeeping team. I'm sorry about the apparent attitude experienced from our Front Desk. I'll also follow-up on this as well. Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is the second time we stayed with the "Dream Team" at the Cambridge Suites in downtown Toronto. The people who work at the Cambridge Suites are a dream team. Jamelyn at the front desk was over the top at accommodating our every need. She was the best. They arranged for transportation, directed us to a variety of restaurants and made us aware of all of the amenities at the hotel. It was such an enjoyable stay, I thought that I was back in Thailand at a 5 star resort, so relaxing. Location and the price of a suite are obviously two important selling points about this hotel but there is nothing like a smiling face with helpful information to make a guest feel happy he chose the Cambridge Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor to avoid street noise. They were very accommodating for us.