“Great location but pricey”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Stayed there over the New Years holiday with family. Can't beat the location it is right off Yonge street where everything happens.We stayed in the city scape suite with an extra charge which I would probably not stay in again because of the extra charge and no particular special view. The staff was very helpful and friendly, no problems there. Bathroom was a little add as there was no sink in the bathroom. The heating was controllable in the room although it seemed to blow cool at whatever temp it was set at. Overall I would say it was a positive experience but would not pay the higher price to stay again. Very small fitness center. Also though there was free internet in the room but it turned out to be a fee (11.99)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2011

Dear W2traveler,

Thank you for staying with us while in town to celebrate the New Year. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and found our team to be helpful and friendly. I was also disappointed to read that you did not feel the cityscape suites provide sufficient value. In addition to being on our highest floors, they have upgraded decor and amenities including in-room safes, Keurig coffee makers, complimentary breakfast and complimentary internet - if you were charged for internet, please let me know so I can take care of that for you. I truly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again and encourage you to contact me directly if I can ever be of service to you.

Wishing you all the best for the New Year,

Reviewed 9 December 2010

Right from calling in to book our reservation, the experience was great! We stayed at the Cambridge Suites Hotel for our 20th Wedding Anniversary and it didn't disappoint. The staff was very friendly. We were pleasantly surprised when shortly after we arrived we received a bottle of wine with two glasses and a card with. "Congratulations and best wishes while you celebrate our 20th anniversary." We also enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and drinks reception in the early evening. A gentleman named Stephen was serving us and he was very kind, sweet and friendly. The bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. It was a very short walk to the Eaton Centre which was great because we got to finish up our Christmas shopping! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Designergirl0247,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor readers - and special congratulations on your 20th anniversary! I was pleased to read that we helped make your day special and know that Stephen will appreciate the recognition and assure you that we are proud to have him on our leadership team. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 December 2010

Stayed at this suite hotel for a weekend. Wasn't able to enjoy it at all because when I stepped in the room my allergies went crazy. Not sure if this is from the heating system or the all feather pillows and duvets in the room. there were no extra blankets so we froze all weekend and slept in our sweaters. We didn't request any extra blankets because of our already astronomical bill and a clear $25 charge for extra blankets. staff seemed pleasant but overrun at check-in. won't stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2010

Dear andreaobrien,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional and disappointed that you were not comfortable. I would love the opportunity to discuss some of your concerns and encourage you to contact me directly as there seems to have been some miscommunication.

Our bedding is all hypoallergenic and feather free to ensure allergies are considered.

Additionally, we do not charge for extra bedding. In fact, we place additional pillows and blankets directly into the dressing area of most suites. I truly am sorry these concerns detracted from your enjoyment of the suite; we have a tremendous reputation for delivering exceptional value and hope you have the opportunity to experience the "real" Cambridge Suites on a future visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

loved loved loved this hotel. I have to say thanks to all the friendly and helpful people who made my stay wonderful. The people at the concierge and front desk were always very helpful and always willing to answer my endless questions and even make reservations for me. All their recommendations for restaurants and places to visit were very helpful.

My friend and I stayed in a double queen room with city view. (p.s. view isn't much cuz it faced another skyscraper, but I think that's how all the double queens are). I loved how the room is set up, separate bedrooms from the living room. There's also a little fridge and microwave. It was cozy and clean and the beds are terrific!

Location is great, close to everything. We just walked everywhere or took a taxi. The morning breakfast was not bad: waffles, toast, cereal, pastries, scrambled eggs, yogurt, grapefruit juice, orange juice, coffee, teas, etc. good stuff, nothing fancy but enough to get you going in the morning. This place is definitely a business hotel...lots of suits! Gym was kinda small, but serviceable. The view up there is great, especially with the little whirlpool and sauna to relax after a long day.

I'm really glad I chose this one! thanks again Cambridge!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Dear nikevr,

I love, love loved that you loved our hotel! Thank you for posting your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we enhanced your vacation. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again, and I encourage you to contact me directly if I can ever be of service with future plans.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

We stayed at the Cambridge Suites for 3 nights in one of the cityscape rooms. The location is excellent as it is really central. We love having a separate bedroom when we stay in hotels as my husband gets up early to do work emails and I can sleep without being disturbed. The bed was really comfortable and we didn't get disturbed by any outside noise. The dressing room was a nice extra and we liked having two wardrobes - one by the front door for coats and boots.
Being able to use the communal laundry facilities (as we were flying home from here after 3 weeks in Canada) made life much easier when we got home.
Every member of staff we met couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.
However, there were some weaknesses in the whole experience. The bathroom looked very dated - it was geared up for disabled access so I am not sure if this is the normal bathroom experience. The bathroom wall was immediately at the end of the (small) bath so this left no room to lie back and relax. Also if you wanted to wash your hair as well you had to get out of the bath and into the separate shower as there was no way of rinsing your hair in the bath - really annoying!
The breakfast also left a lot to be desired. The food was not of particularly good quality and choice was limited. We didn't bother to eat there after our first morning even though the room price included breakfast - we preferred to pay extra and go elsewhere.
Lastly the wi-fi access was a bit of a pain as between my husband and I we had a number of devices to log in. This involved getting a code for each device and logging each one on separately each time. We've never had this problem anywhere else so ended up using our own dongle to access the internet rather than use the wi-fi facility.
All in all the hotel is good value and we would stay there again despite the minor drawbacks. However I wouldn't bother with the Cityscape room as the extras included weren't worth having.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear jojicat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our location served your needs well. I would also like to thank you for your comments and suggestions as they are very helpful in our continuous efforts to elevate the guest experience. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

My husband and I traveled to TO to celebrate my birthday. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the size of the suite. Nice that you have a separate bedroom and living room, as he always gets up earlier than I do. Bathroom good sized as well, lots of room to put our things on the vanity.
The location is close to shopping and restaurants, and within easy walking distance to subway station and the Convention Center.
Parking is a little weird, but once we figured it out, ended up being convenient after all.
Staff very accomodating and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We booked last minute and were very happy to find that each suite had separate living room and bedroom areas which was fantastic as we could keep my 11 month old in his crib in a separate room once he went to sleep and we didn't have to creep around and whisper. Access to a fridge, microwave and sink in a 4-star hotel is so rare so it was wonderful for traveling with a baby where you cannot always wait to feed them until you get to the restaurant. The area also was convenient for myself to run errands at Eaton Centre and for my husband to comfortably work at the desk in the bedroom while our son napped . There were 2 desks (1 in living room and 1 in bedroom) and 2 flat screen tvs. I would stay there again in second! I will book my parents to stay here when they visit us also. Many convenient food choices in the area.

The only negative is a little traffic noise on Richmond. We were on the 8th floor so going up further might help.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Dear JackieGlobetrotter,

I am glad that you were able to get away with your young family! A father of two little ones myself, I can certainly appreciate how difficult it is to find quality accommodations that allow mom and dad to enjoy their stay and still keep the kids on a solid sleep schedule. I am glad our suites worked out well for you; we frequently receive positive comments from young professional families like yours and I appreciate you taking the time to share them with the tripadvisor community. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.