“PERFECT STAY”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 February 2011

What a wonderful little getaway we had. Such friendly and helpful staff. Teresa at the front desk.. so sweet. Wrote another review about the hotel restaurant/bar... bartender Elane was so great. Already have our friends booked with you for their city escape! I told them look out especially for Teresa and Elane!

Wish my bed at home could be like the one we slept on.. it was heaven.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Dear ZaynaG,

Thank you for the kind words about our property and our team. Teresa and Elaine were especially excited to read your review! If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Reviewed 29 January 2011

And next time it certainly has to be longer than a 1 night stay. I enjoyed the vibe and tone of Cambridge Suites and felt well taken care of the entire time. You have to stop by the desk and say hello to Amanda if you don't have the good fortune to be checked in by her.

The clean rooms are laid out well, and have anything you could possibly need. The beds are fantastic and I had a better night sleep than I have had in 100's of hotel rooms across Canada. There are limited rooms on each floor and it is really quiet.

Make sure you stay more than 1 night so you can fully appreciate this hotel. I look forward to the next time and am grateful for the experience I had at the Cambridge Suites Hotel, Toronto.

Dear TenDotChick,

I too wish you were able to stay with us for more than just one night! Thank you for your kind words about our property and especially for complimenting Amanda - she was thrilled to read your review. I hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the near future and encourage you to spend more time in our great city during your next trip.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Reviewed 28 January 2011

I felt like I was "living Soho" ... if you haven't stayed at The Cambridge Suites in downtown Toronto lately, check it out! The digs are contemporary, the service is five-star, and the location can't be beat. Thanks to Tim Ostrem and his entire team of service professionals for a fantastic experience ... I'll be back!

Dear sharondicesare,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others! I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our "digs" and appreciated our location and service. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again and encourage you to contact me directly if I can ever be of service to you.

Tim Ostrem, General Manager
The Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Reviewed 21 January 2011

Wouldn't it be nice to walk into a hotel and feel completely comfortable and welcomed? Wouldn't it be nice to have your check-in be fast, friendly, and efficient?
Wouldn't it be nice to in a sea of options to find that one hidden gem?
Trust me on this... if you need to stay anywhere in downtown Toronto, you MUST stay at the Cambridge as the answer to the questions above is, "yes it would be nice, and you don't have to look anywhere else!!!" ! As a first time guest of Cambridge, while being a preferred guest at other properties in the city, I'm quite frankly blown away that I'm able to say that this hotel is the best find in Toronto! Why? Many of my friends who travel to the city haven't heard of this gem and I feel lucky to have found it. Why am I so enthusiastic?
- Check-in was a breeze... fast, stress-free, welcoming, and non-pretentious but very, very friendly and human. I was greeted with a smile and the lady who checked me in was professional yet was able to relate to me in an instant based on information she viewed on my reservation
- This hotel is located in THE BEST spot in the city at often half the cost of other properties within an 8 block (or more) radius
- The rooms are huge! Way bigger than comparable hotels and include a microwave oven and a fridge in a kitchenette (isn't it nice to be able to reheat some leftovers from your restaurant dinner?)
- Seconds away from some of the best restaurants and a subway station
Wouldn't it be nice if we all knew about this place? Now you know! This should be your preferred choice in Toronto... it's now mine (if they promise to include free internet for ALL guests... my challenge to Management so next time I can say you're the perfect choice!)

1  Thank GM33
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Dear GM33,

It sure is nice to have you express your appreciation in the manner you did. I was thrilled to read your review and appreciate the feedback as well as the recommendations.

I believe that in the future that internet will be complimentary throughout our property, but for the time being we work hard to ensure that we not only provide the best value, but also provide various options to our guests to meet their specific needs.

Although there is a fee for internet within our deluxe suites, it is included with our Cityscape Suite as well as with all of our negotiated corporate rates. It is always complimentary for all guests in our lobby, restaurant, lounge and business centre.

Thanks again for taking the time to share with the Tripadvisor community. The team at the Cambridge Suites Toronto certainly appreciates it.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

I stayed at the Cambridge Suites Hotel mid-December 2010. I was there for one night only, but thought I would nevertheless post a TA review, since I found the hotel on TA. I booked my stay over 22 days in advance for a conference I was attending, and I got a rate of $129 for a king suite, directly through the hotel’s website. This was a pre-purchase, non-refundable rate, and I found it very reasonable at the time of booking, given the hotel’s existing reviews and rank on TA. After a very short walk from Central Station to the hotel, I was greeted by a very, very friendly, cheerful and helpful young lady at the front desk (I unfortunately did not get her name), and was turning the key in the door to my room within about 6 to 7 minutes of setting foot in the lobby. The lobby is very inviting, albeit small, and very clean. I had asked at the time of the booking for a quiet room, as I’m a light sleeper, and they accommodated my request with a room on the 16th floor. I did not hear a peep all night, so the soundproofing is A1. The view was mainly of other office buildings, but that was fine. I had done my research before booking the room, but I was still very surprised by the size and layout of the suite. As indicated by the attached photos, there was a separate bedroom with a king bed, flat screen LCD, and small desk area. This opened to the bathroom via one side, and the living room part of the suite via double doors that can be shut for privacy. The living room area includes a second larger desk. There is another LCD flat screen in the living area, as well as a countertop with a sink and the minibar. Very spacious and incredible value for the money I paid. Also, the room was spotless. A few reviews I had read indicated that the furniture and rooms were in need of upgrading. I suppose I can understand the comment, if someone is used to more upscale and expensive hotels, but the cleanliness, in my opinion, overrides the furniture being a bit dated. And I would not even refer to it as that dated…certainly the bed is very modern, and the 2 LCD’s in the suite suggest a modern touch. At any rate, the furniture is not worn; I guess that is my point. It is clean, well-appointed, and the suite from top to bottom was very welcoming and inviting. In terms of service, I was only there for a single night, with a very early check-out, but I would definitely say that anyone I dealt with at CSH was extremely helpful, courteous and friendly, either on the phone when booking or during my stay. The check-in, as I mentioned, was very efficient and smooth, and so was the check-out. I would most certainly stay here again, and would not hesitate recommending CSH to anyone I know that needs a place to stay in Toronto (in fact I already have). Great location and a great value!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ma08082014af

Dear Tee2QKo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Toronto. We strive to provide quality upscale suite accommodations along with an experience that ensures guest feels at home - I am glad we achieved that during your visit and appreciate you sharing your message with others. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

Just goes to show that checking with Trip Advisor pays off! This was and is recommended by trip advisor and now by me! Very attentive staff. A few days before we all flew in Ann emailed to make sure that they got everything right for us and it was lickety-split upon check in.

Great rooms, friendly staff, and fun bar downstairs. Restaurant was good too. Located right where you want to be in downtown. There's lots happening in Toronto on any given day. We all came in for the Roger Waters "The Wall" (Air Canada Centre) concert and this hotel served very well for the couple of days we were there.

First time I stayed here and I\we will definitely be back. You really get soooo much more here for the equivalent price elsewhere and I would say overall you get quite a bit more here. And that means the big name hotels. And I've stayed at most of them.

Definitely give this one a try and I suggest you look at their booking homepage first as they had better deals than anybody. By far a better deal. Air Canada's bundling was over $100.00 more to go through them. Cambridge also gave I think $80.00 in restaurant discount coupons.

Oh yeah...they were able to pull a limo out of thin air at the last minute and that was no easy feat considering how much was going on in Toronto that night. Very impressed.

See 'yall at Cambridge Suites on the next one!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mairc

Dear mairc,

Perfect, fantastic and lovely are some of my favorite words - especially when they are from a guest that we had the opportunity to serve! I am so very glad we exceeded your expectations and hope to serve you again in the future. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 12 January 2011

We have been guests of the Cambridge Suites a number of times in the last few years. We have enjoyed our stays although the hotel is showing some wear in its carpet and furnishings; however, we feel it is imperative that we single out one particular person. Anna, one of the front desk staff, has been outstanding. On a previous stay in July 2010, Anna helped us resolve, to our outmost satisfaction, a situation which arose. Her genuine interest in guest relations brought us back to the hotel in Jan. 2011 for our most recent stay. We arrived very late and the front desk person who checked us in did not inform us of the fact that we were entitled to breakfast. When Anna heard that, she quickly gathered whatever breakfast food she was able to find and delivered it on a tray to our room. In addition to this gesture, she came out from behind the desk every time she saw us to greet us. She extended our checkout time due to our late flight. She checked flight information and even told us she would keep a room dedicated for us if the snow prevented us from leaving. Everything Anna does is above and beyond the normal excellent guest relations required at a hotel. We travel extensively and are well aware of excellent service - Anna provides it to the highest degree!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear bear003,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor readers. We are certainly very proud to include Anna among our spectacular team members. She consistently lives our vision to ensure every guest feels at home.

I am sorry you felt some of the carpet and furnishings seemed dated. We have recently completed a renovation the encompassed nearly every suite in our hotel. While we are still awaiting some of the furniture to arrive, I am confident they are among the best suites in the city. Prior to that we completed renovations in our lobby and restaurant and hope to complete our last two Penthouse Suites in 2012.

I look forward to hosting you again and know that Anna and our team will ensure your future reservations are well cared for.