“Great location - great hotel”

Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
Ranked #21 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Attended a conference here for a couple of days - check in very smooth - staff very helpful - hotel has two towers - room - was typical for holiday inn - good size -- comfortable bed -- the shower worked well - used the gym - relatively small for a large hotel - but had no delays equipment top notch - food in restaurant a little pricey but considering it is Toronto was in the ball park --morning buffet had a good variety - Yorkdale Mall is a short walk away as is the TTC - subway -- will be staying there again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James G
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased to hear that your meeting was a success and that you enjoyed your experience as well as the facilities at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for both business and pleasure!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel is situated within walking distance of Holt Renfrew, the room was impeccable, the on-site restaurant had sushi that was as good as downtown Vancouver, and the service was simply excellent. Loved the pool and leisure area, plenty of parking and buffet breakfast. I had an Executive Suite in the newly renovated tower and it was worth every penny of the upgraded price. Treat yourself to a little slice of heaven and book your own stay today!

Room Tip: Executive Suite in the newly renovated tower - superb!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank eightfoldpath

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our newly renovated Executive rooms, sushi and the hotels location. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

After reading a few reviews, I decided to book a two nights stay here as it was located nearby the Yorkdale Go Station (I came by Greyhound). Check-in was very quick. The front desk staff were polite and friendly. I made my way to my room on the West side. It was peaceful and quiet (7th floor, room 741) the entire time. The front desk Staff phoned my room a couple hours after I had checked in to ensure that everything was okay. I certainly appreciated that. The room was tidy. Bathroom was clean. I had my laptop with me to complete some work. The wifi-connection was a bit slow at times but not bad overall.

As for things I was not overly happy about during my stay..... I was relaxing and watching a movie in the middle of the afternoon and the housekeeping girl came right into my room. There was no knock at the door beforehand announcing "housekeeping". Although she immediately apologized, I would suggest that everyone does knock atleast a couple times before just entering a room. I will be sure to also keep the security bolt on the door as well. In addition, a bit more time should be taken in the rooms to check under the beds when cleaning. Minutes prior to my check-out, I did a once-over to ensure I did not forget anything. I was checking under my bed and I discovered a loonie and a full apple under the bed. I did not eat at the restaurants within the hotel and opted for takeout and/or walking over to the Mall, as I found the prices a bit expensive for the meals and drinks. Ice machine on 7th floor as not working properly. I did report this to the front desk staff who had someone look at it and put up an "out of order sign". Next day I tried ice machine when repaired and only was able to get one bucket of ice before it stopped working. 5th floor ice machine was fantastic!!!

Overall, I can say, I would return back to this hotel again when taking the Greyhound to Toronto in the winter.

Room Tip: West side, 7th floor (rm 741) nice and quiet, away from ice machine and vending machine and elevator...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, We appreciate your valuable feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, front desk was friendly and that you found our location to be convenient. I do apologise for the interruption by our Housekeeping, we will discuss this with the Housekeeping Manager. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on return to Toronto.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Bad News: At check in the room type I booked was not available -- some glitch with what the cleaning staff said and the front desk computer did.
Good News: Room was upgraded to one available on the Executive Floor
Good News: Room was handy to the elevator
Bad News: We could hear the elevator all night.
Good News: Room was nice, immaculate.
Bad News: Even though had thermostat set at 72F all night, the room was cold, probably couldn't deal with the winter wind blowing against the window all night.
The hotel is convenient to family members (as long as you don't have to drive south on Dufferin, what a slog) but we would think twice about staying there again unless we had access to a warmer quieter room.

Room Tip: If you are in the West Tower stay in a room far from the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for posting your review, and I’m happy to hear that you found our newly renovated Executive room “immaculate”. We have a team of engineers on site to help with deficiencies as they occur. I apologise that you found the room cold, please email Crystal Lambert our Reservations Coordinator at reservations@hiyorkdale.com to provide your room number so we can insure the deficiencies are addressed. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Our team stayed for 2 nights for a basketball tournament.

Some of the parents were notified at reception about the "special price" for breakfast $12.95 for an adult and then $3.95 for the child , others were not aware of this price.
I still think the price for breakfast for kids that are staying for tournament should be more accessible for everyone. I noticed that only a few parents joined for breakfast.
The food at The Monterrey restaurant was delicious! I loved the vegetarian omelet!!

The Room was a reasonable size to accommodate queen size beds; however, there are only double beds available , in some cases did not work for some families. Some rooms had balconies. Some families complained about the rooms were really warm.
Personally I did not like the mattresses, I had hard time to sleep.
The beds and the room did not look spotless!

Great location ( Yorkdale Mall a few minutes walking) :)
Girls loved the pool
Free wi-fi

Personally overall for us the service was great; we asked for a sewing kit and it was in the room in less than 5 minutes. Also the receptionist called to ensure that I got it.

Cons:
There is no fridge or microwave.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and im glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise to hear that some guests were not made aware of the discounted sports breakfast, and we will certainly address this with our team. We strive to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room, and we will review your comments with our Executive team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Spent Jan 24-25, 2014 at hotel for a basketball tournament for 11 year old girls. The Room: the room is large enough to accomodate queen size beds; however, there are only double beds available which are much too small to share. The carpet was stained in various areas. The alarm clock was not the easiest to set the alarm. There is no fridge or microwave. One family requested a fridge for their room and they ended up on the 10th floor away from all of us on the 3rd floor. Some rooms have balconies overlooking the oasis while others have balconies to the outdoors; others have no balconies whatsoever. Therefore, some rooms were too warm, others too cold with drafts coming in due to very strong winds and cold temperatures in Toronto that weekend. Girls enjoyed the pool. Newspapers were nice to have. The buffet breakfast was too expensive $12.95 for an adult and then $3.95 for the child. Location across the street from the Yorkdale Mall is great. Free wifi was a bonus.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I want to apologize for our shortcomings, and rest assured, we will certainly share your feedback with our Management team. We strive to be the number one sports friendly hotel in Toronto, and your comments will help us reach this goal. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I recently spent the night on business at the Holiday Inn Yorkdale. The service received was fabulous. Shortly after check-in I received a call to ensure everything was satisfactory. When I ordered room service for dinner, it was at my door within 10 minutes, hot and delicious. Later I found I had forgotten to pack toothpaste and again someone was at my door within minutes with 2 small tubes. The hotel is clean and in a great location across from Yorkdale mall and just off Hwy 401. I did not eat breakfast so cannot comment.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, We are delighted to hear that you were so well taken care of by our staff during your stay with us. Guests like you make our staff feel special and gives opportunity to exceed your expectations at every touch point. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.