I`d stayed at the King Edward twice before, and was excited about returning. The five years in-between my stays hasn't been kind to the hotel, and its now a very tired and somewhat dirty looking property.
On the plus side, the hotel lobby is gorgeous, and I've always been treated well at the lobby bar. The front desk staff were very attentive when I asked to switch rooms, and my request was handled promptly.
On the other hand, you could clearly hear *everything* out in the hallway in my first room, and I was woken up both in the wee hours and early the next morning by other guests and maintenance staff passing by. Both my original room and the second room I was given were well worn, with loose carpeting and stains on the wallpaper.
I also tried the on-site spa, and it also looked tired and dated. The waiting area was in particular need of attention, as it looked like someone's old (and dirty) living room couch and chairs was used in the waiting area.
I was excited to stay here, but now I'm pretty sure I won't be back. I booked directly with the hotel (instead of a discount booking site), so paid hansomely for what I thought was a premium hotel. I will most certainly look around at other hotels before returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward