“A very unique hotel experinece!”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #8 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“A very unique hotel experinece!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

If you ever get the chance to stay here you won't be disappointed. A truly historic hotel and wonderful experience. The rooms are truly unique each with their own personality. The club level is equally enjoyable!! Loved every minute of our stay. Almost didn't want to venture outside!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer O
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Jennifer O,

It is a delight to know that you loved every minute of your stay at The King Edward Hotel. It is experiences like these that make us want to celebrate our success in creating unique and special memories for our guests. Thank you for posting a review and I look forward to your return visit.

Jeff Waters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brockville
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The wedding was at a different venue but most of the guests stayed at the King Eddy. The two days before the wedding coincided with the worst winter storm in Toronto and the north east US in 10 or 20 years. I chose valet parking and it was well worth it. I had to make many trips to deliver flowers, the double bass, the candles, the wine, the beer etc. My car appeared promptly, free of snow and ice and warm every time and there were many times. We had access to the Club Lounge for breakfast, tea and coffee and softdrinks and chocolates and newspapers whenever we needed a break. The concierge took care of arranging for limousines with a minimum of fuss and the results were exactly what I wanted. All staff were very friendly. I often compare the cost of staying in a hotel with the cost of staying at home and think that "at this price I should get more." On this occasion I did get more. I felt like an upstairs character from Downton Abbey with more than enough staff looking after my needs. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: choose a room that includes lounge privileges for breakfast, coffee, newspapers and a place to relax...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear David H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The King Edward Hotel for the wedding event. It is always a delight for me and my team to read a wonderful review about the hotel and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am glad that the staff and accommodations made for a great experience during your busy schedule. Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

We look forward to providing another excellent experience on your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I have made 6 trips in 4 months to Toronto, staying at 3 different hotels - until I found the King Edward. The rooms are nice and big, room service is good, but the 'piece de resistance' - the bar!

Stefano will ensure your drink is always topped up, engage you in interesting conversation, while knowing when you want to be alone.

I am just finishing a 3 week stay and can honestly say I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Toronto.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Neil T
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear Neil T,

Thank you for sharing this awesome review with us. We truly appreciate knowing about our guest’s experience so we can celebrate our successes. Thank you for acknowledging Stefano who continue to create memorable experiences for our guests. I will be sure to pass on the compliments.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this historic downtown hotel. It was our second stay at this hotel.
i had reserved on Priceline for a good rate. On arrival I inquired whether we would have a king-sized bed and was told no. I was then offered an upgrade to a "suite" for $75.00, which included a continental breakfast, and happy hour with snacks, wine and beer.
I could advantage of this and was shown to the room. The bellman dropped our luggage on the furniture at the end of the bed, without asking me. Our luggage had been pulled through muddy snow and now there was dirt and snow on the carpet, bed spread and furniture.
I spent the first half hour cleaning that.
My husband arrived about forty minutes later and was enjoying the view from our windows, which was beautiful. Unfortunately, he also noticed a rather large bug, belly up on the window sill.
The manager was very apologetic and competed us the extra charge. He also provided us with a bottle of wine and cheese plate.
This is a very old hotel-150 years, actually. The lobby is lovely, but the rooms really need work.
The lounge, where you eat breakfast is so depressing. It really needs a renovation.
Parking is also an issue here, at $45.00 per night.
I don't think we will return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear katherineincanada,

Thank you for providing us this feedback about your experience. We know you have numerous options to select from and we appreciate you choosing us for your travel needs. I apologize for some of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and thank you for bringing them to our attention so we may address them. The hotel is 110 years old and now in the process of updating. It is my hope that when the renovation of guest rooms is completed you will return to stay with us again.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed at the King Edward Hotel on the weekend. We often stay in Toronto for a little break from our daily lives and we have stayed at this hotel before. We were given an upgraded room just because it was available and it was quite nice and very clean. The hotel is in such a great location for transportation, restaurants, entertainment and so much more. The staff are very friendly and accomadating.
Someone made a comment about the hotel being dated. That is what it is all about, a little history!

Room Tip: Higher floor, upgrade and end of hallway.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RodRob55
Dear RodRob55,

It is very rewarding to read a review like yours and we thank you for sharing this with us. We are delighted to have been able to provide you with a wonderful experience and grateful to have you as a repeat guest. Thank you for noting the wonderful history of the King Edward Hotel built to welcome guests to Toronto since 1903 and still doing so today. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

My wife booked the ballroom and threw a little party for my 65th, along with 185 surprise guests, Beef Wellington, a beautiful buffet, wonderful bar and we stayed overnight in a lovely suite. She chose the King Edward from 15 interviews she held with different facilities -- and they did a spectacular job. I raved. She raved. Her guests raved. Ahh, that Beef Wellington and the the Potato Martinis !

Room Tip: Have a large dinner for 185 people!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Julian W,

Thank you for making us a part of your birthday celebration. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your special getaway and that we were able to make this occasion one to always remember. We greatly appreciate the feedback and wish you many more birthdays to celebrate.

We look forward to your return visit.

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed here recently for a bachelor party for my brother in law recently. The hotel is beautiful on the inside, grand lobby and front desk staff was very helpful. They found a room with two beds available as my brother and I were sharing and definitely not sharing one bed! Rooms were huge, the only downside is that I did find the room decor a little dated and an awkward layout. The bathroom sink and toilet are in a separate room than the shower. The hotel is older so I just chalked it up to an older building style. Great service and put up with us ordering a late night pizza to the hotel!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very large!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matt S
Dear Matt S,

Thank you very much for the generous comments on your recent stay at The King Edward Hotel. I am delighted to learn that your overall experience was to your satisfaction leaving you with good memories and impressions. I hope you return to visit us again soon.