“Elegant, slightly old fashioned hotel with overall great stuff”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #7 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Even though I didn't use it the King Eddy's has an impressive gym, good people behind the desk, nice rooms with nice facilities. Bit of a drag because a fire alarm went off about midnight or so on my last night and the lifts were out of order for much longer than I would have expected.
Breakfast good but over priced, and service not very attentive for that kind of price.
However over all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Pheephox,

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to note that our service and room amenities added value to your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm and appreciate your understanding. Your comments about our breakfast offerings will be reviewed to ensure we are continuing to offer our guests the best in service and quality.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni King Edward and we look forward to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for The Omni King Edward Hotel

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our stay at The King Edward was outstanding to say the least. We were upgraded to a suite
on the seventh floor which made our anniversary even more enjoyable.Hats off to the staff
especially James at the front desk and Chris the doorman.Great job guys. The room was very
stylish for the antique lovers and the wifI and light breakfast hit the spot. The location was great with Eaton Center and The Bay just a short stroll away. Also do not miss a visit to The St. Lawrence Market and the old downtown area.
Our next stay in Toronto will definitely include this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Try the seventh floor front of the building.There is no swimming pool so get your exercise walking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dgm792
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear dgm792,

Thank you for your review. It is a delight to know that your stay was outstanding and that the hotel's location suited your needs. We will be sure to share your positive feedback with our team members, James and Chris, who will truly appreciate your recognition.

Thank you for making us a part of your anniversary celebration.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The location is great - a short walk from lots of attractions like the CN Tower, the Market, and shopping on Yonge. The hotel lobby and meeting rooms and beautiful and historic but well-maintained, and the rooms are very nicely laid out. My king room had a massive bathroom. Loved the little things like a stool under the vanity to sit and do my face up, and the great modern but comfy chair by the TV. Only complaints were that the bed was a little firm for my preference, and it was a little loud on Friday night - but not really something the hotel can control!

Room Tip: If you are staying on a weekend, perhaps ask for a higher room or for something quieter. 7th floor...

Dear NWTtravellers,

Thank you for selecting the historic Omni King Edward Hotel for your stay. It is a delight to learn that you had a wonderful experience and that you enjoyed the little details in your room. We apologize for the minor inconveniences you encountered and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the King Edward for a night recently as it was a very special night.
My now fiancé had proposed to me at the hotel in a room he booked, which was a very nice surprise.
The room he booked was very nice with a king bed. The bed was super comfy and room service was very prompt. My fiancé had also arranged with the hotel to make a plate of mini desserts as part of the surprise and was put in the room before our arrival.

The room was very clean and cozy. The hotel is very grand and nicely maintained with updated features. We did go to the bar/lounge on the main floor and the service there was great too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Asian S

Dear Asian S,

Congratulations on your engagement! We are thrilled to know that we became part of this special occasion and delighted that your experience was made very special through the friendly and helpful service of our staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to your return to celebrate another special occasion with us.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel is a grand old building with nice modern touches and is generally well kept and feels luxurious. The main lobby is very grand and there is a restaurant, bar, concierge desk, front desk, gift shop and spa all on the ground floor. My room was an executive room on the 10th floor, however I was a little disappointed as there was no full length mirror in the room at all and the lighting was not so good as the two small windows were both looking out to a corner with very tall buildings and therefore little light. It was difficult to put on make up and not appear as if I was going to be part of a circus! The food in the both room service and the bar was excellent, and the room service was efficient and on time. The bathroom was very well stocked with plenty of big bath sheets, hair dryer, water, cotton balls, etc. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of good pillows and a nice duvet. Definitely would come back again!

1  Thank Travellinggirl2010
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Travellinggirl2010,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to learn that you found the bed and the room amenities to your liking. We appreciate your comments about the mirror and lighting and will take them into account during the ongoing room renovation process.

Thank you for booking your stay at the Omni King Edward Hotel and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I am a student on a fairly tight budget and stayed one night at this hotel with a gift certificate I had received through my work. The room and 2 breakfast were included on the certificate. I woke up in the morning to find a bill for $30 slipped under the door without explanation. I went to the front desk and they didn't know what it was for either. We had breakfast and at checkout I was told there were no charges on my CC. A few days later I find a $50 charge on my credit card and had to make 2 phone calls to get it cleared up. I felt that if you weren't a rich business person the staff treated you like a second class citizen. I felt very out of place (because of the staff) and would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Mtber123

Dear Mtber123,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the perceived service shortfalls you experienced during your stay. Service is one of the best things about this hotel and we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused and if you felt a lack of warmth in our service delivery and hospitality. Every guest is important to us regardless of booking status. With regards to the $50 charge, every guest is subjected to a $50 deposit to cover any incidental charges. This amount is not an actual charge on the credit card but an authorization that is released back to the credit card upon check out if no incidentals are used.

Your comments have been shared with the team for training purposes. We hope that you will grant us another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience for you.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights recently and I must say that this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. Beautiful and plush and in a great location. We did not realize until after our first night that we had booked a king room and had been given a queen - we decided that we did not want to change and so did not say anything while we were there. A few days later I did contact the hotel and told them about the situation and was given an upgrade for our next time here, which was nice. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy D
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Stormy9091,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate the positive comments regarding your overall experience and are thrilled that you are coming back. We look forward to your return visit.