I stayed here with friends over the new year period and overall it was a fantastic hotel. We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms and it was a decent size with a huge modern bathroom. The lobby was very traditional, and the Christmas tree inside was very pretty.
Rooms had robes, iron, hair dryer, toiletries, huge tv etc - pretty much everything you'd need for a city break.
My one gripe about the place was the check-in man (I think his name was Todd Lowe) who was the most patronising, rude man I've come across in any hotel I've ever stayed in. Every problem I had was met with resistance and zero apology e.g I booked a twin room (ie with TWO beds) and was only given a room with one bed, his response 'well if you stayed in hotels in North America you'd know that twin means one bed' and when he made me become a member of the hotel group in order to get free (slow) wifi his response was again 'well if you stayed in hotels you'd know that you have to become a member to get free wifi', to top it off when I asked for our single camp bed (no rooms with two beds available) to be delivered quickly as we'd just got off a long flight and were tired his response was 'pretty much all of our guests have just got off long flights' - ummm okay. Firstly I am a regular traveller, secondly a twin room does mean two beds even in N America and secondly we continued our trip to montreal where we stayed in a lovely hotel with free wifi without 'becoming a member' - I think the hotel should really rethink who is the first contact point for guests upon arrival at the hotel.
The rest of the staff were lovely though in particular the staff in the hotel bar and also a great guy on guest services Shawn Robinson who went above and beyond in helping us book tickets to the ice hockey.
Yes I'd stay again as it was a great hotel but I'd hope for a different check in man!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward