“PAPER-THIN WALLS”

Ranked #8 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Caledon, ON, Canada
“PAPER-THIN WALLS”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

While staying at the King Edward overnight for a weekend wedding, my husband and I were both looking forward to a relaxing night but were rudely awakened by the opening and closing of doors and drawers in the room adjacent to ours both in the middle of the night and very early the next morning. I certainly don't think the occupants were being inconsiderate either and I realize it's a very old hotel but this, coupled with very average amenities in the room (basic) for the price per night, it wouldn't be my first choice again when staying in Toronto.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have been staying at the King Edward for a number of years now when in Toronto visiting our son and his wife. It is always clean, always friendly and we can always rely on getting the accommodation that we want. The staff is great. One of our highlights was the Christmas Eve dinner there - incredible!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the King Edward hotel for a weekend conference and it was a great place hotel. Friendly staff, great and clean room and close to all the places I needed to be. I will definitely be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Service has slipped, attitude taken a turn. The location is unbeatable. Some great high end restaurants ie Tom Jones Steakhouse and some great quick grub - homemade hot dogs! (are both within a 5 minute walk).

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This historic hotel is in a great location, clean, fresh linens, lots of character, good service, and overall a great hotel for the price. The only draw back is the parking is only valet, but wasn't a huge issue. Rooms could probably use an update, some of the furniture was a bit used, but have seen much worse. Overall highly recommended!

Tip - Saw on this site that the corner rooms were more quiet, and they were.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Napanee, Ontario
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We recently stayed at the King Edward. We were in Toronto to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We stopped by the hotel quickly around 5 to check in before we went to dinner. Check in was very efficient. I think I was in and out in 2 minutes. In that time that doorman had stopped by the car and let my husband know of the parking options. $51 for valet parking but there is cheaper public parking up the road for $30 overnight. We went to dinner and then hung out at my daughter's for a bit and went back to the hotel at 10:30. As we headed down the hall to our room we could hear a lot of people noise coming from one of the rooms. When we got to our room we could tell the party was in the room right next to ours. There was no way that we'd be able to sleep through the noise. Having two previous bad experiences at different hotels with noise from adjoining rooms we decided to just go down and ask if they could move us. The hotel clerk apologized profusely. I felt bad since it wasn't her fault. First she was trying to give us one of the new renovated rooms but she couldn't release those rooms. I suspect because we purchased through priceline at a very good rate although I'm not sure. In the end she gave us a room on the 16th floor which she said will give you more space. The room was huge. It had a kitchen area. A sitting area and the bed area. The bathroom was huge. It may not have been renovated but it was still very very nice. She called up to make sure we were happy which was a very nice touch. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. My daughter also noticed they accept pets. We used to stay at the Cambridge Suites because they accepted dogs and she could come stay with her dog. So we may check this place out again if that policy stays. When we checked out they apologized again and also told us the people were evicted. When this happened to us before no one was evicted and in the one case where the people started breaking furniture they just charged their credit card but never evicted them. It made for a very long night with no sleep. Definitely would like to come back and spend more time here. I wanted to check out this place because it's part of the GHA discovery group and I stayed in Budapest at the Kempinski so I wanted to see how our Canadian equivalent stood up and I was very pleased.

toronto
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I went back to celebrated our anniversary at he King Eddy and had a wonderful experience. We requested a renovated king and the room was well appointed with all new amenities. the Sunday Brunch package was perfect for our celebration

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple