“Great location for a classy Hotel”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #8 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
“Great location for a classy Hotel”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was a good experience to stay again at the King Edwards Hotel. I am pleased that Omni is taking care of this Hotel...still needs some improvement but overall I was very pleased to be at the Kings Edwards.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The entrance is quite grand and very impressive, gives you a old world feel stepping off the multi cultural streets of Toronto. However was disappointed with the room, stained carpet, and decor that can best be described as tired. Staff were helpful and gave us an upgrade however would most likely choose somewhere else next time around.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vaughn, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Hotel, is beautiful,as soon as you walk up the stairs towards the front doors, you are greeted by staff, to assist you with luggage, and you are given parking options if you arrived with your auto. You are then directed towards the front desk, for check in, as you enter the main lobby, you know that you have come to a hotel that has quality, and a touch of class, The Lobby is a mix of old world charm, and warmth. The check in, was proffesional, with a touch of the personal, and very smooth and quick ,and all questions that I had asked were addressed fully. Our room which had two Queen size beds, was very spacious, comfortable, and extremley clean. All I can say is that this hotel, surpassed my expectations, in all aspects, and I would definetley return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Shelly D
Reviewed 27 April 2014

King Edward offers elegance, style and high comfortable in a very convenient location in an interesting area of Toronto. This has become my favourite place to stay in Toronto. The size of the bedrooms is one of the most compelling reasons and the beauty of this grand hotel sets it apart.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank sandrad247
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the location is fantastic. I travelled to Toronto for business and this is a corporate choice hotel. It is conveniently located very near to our head office in downtown Toronto. When I had some free time, I found it was in a prime location to wander downtown Toronto. The hotel gym had a great selection of quality equipment and I enjoyed my workout - there was also towels, ear buds and water available so you didn't need to remember to bring these additional items with you. The service in the hotel was excellent and many members of the staff were extremely friendly. The room was large and I had a nice view of one of the downtown churches. The lighting in the room (including bathroom) was very good - some hotels have very poor lighting in them so this was refreshing to be able to SEE! The toiletries (e.g. shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc.) included in the room were lovely and felt luxurious. We ate breakfast in the hotel one morning, which was our only meal there. I did think the food was rather expensive. I hope to stay here in the future when I'm in Toronto - which is very likely for business. As a solo traveller for leisure, I am price conscious to a degree, and for a personal trip, I would need to weigh multiple factors against the price to make the best decision for myself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Selena H
hillerød
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed 2 nights in this top of the range hotel. I was extremely well cared for. I liked to be left to myself and that when I Express need for service I get get it right away and expertly. And so it was! The room was really large with more amenities than I had need for. Cleanliness was very good and the ventilation/heating/ cooling worked perfectly. -the bed was too soft for me but that goes for almost all hotels. My back and I like a very hard madress. I didn't have a bed and breakfast packet, so I had breakfast a la carte and that was a real classy treat - but a bit costly of course. The room rate was on the other hand real good value for Money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Hasse H
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Omni provides high quality service and amenities for a reasonable price. We had a huge room, newly renovated. Loved the larger than normal bath towels, the well equipped fitness facility, the Globe and Mail delivered to the room in the morning, and the very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple