Positives: The location for this property is PERFECT - I've stayed downtown at various hotels and the Omni's location is absolutely the best. Checking in was a breeze, and I have to say the doorman/valet person was one of the nicest people ever! Also the check-in staff were awesome. The hotel was nice, but I really wouldn't call it "luxurious" as some reviewers have. That’s fine, however – the value, location, and friendliness of staff more than made up for that. The room we had was definitely on the small side, which is strange to me as I’ve read other reviews that say their room was gigantic. We didn’t complain but I guess we should have; perhaps we would have been moved. The bed was super comfy/cozy and the room was spotless, though . For the price we paid through booking.com, we were happy happy happy and I’d stay there again for sure.
Negatives: The room size was small, and there was no mini-fridge. However, they did not falsely advertise that they had a mini-fridge in the rooms, so I can't nitpick at all on that! Our ONLY complaint was the bartender at the hotel bar! No idea what his name was, but he is an Italian gentleman in his 50s and VERY VERY negative. When we told him we were from Buffalo, he proceeded to completely bash our fair city! It was rather odd - he couldn't say enough negative things about Buffalo. He's of course entitled to his opinion but he didn't have to rub our faces in it! But actually, he was negative about EVERYTHING, not just Buffalo. He wasn't a friendly or welcoming person at all. And it was a slow night so we were two of a handful of patrons in the bar that evening - it's not like he was stressed from having to rush. Strange for a bartender to be like that! We walked away from the bar after only one drink (which we consumed as quickly as possible to get away from him) taking his generally negative attitude with us. However the vibe of the beautiful city and going to a different bar just down the street where we got a bartender who was positive, totally friendly, and upbeat quickly changed that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward