Sleep quality is my first priority, and I slept like a baby here in spite of the bustling area, and King streetcar (we were on the 7th floor, so we were a bit removed). I don't know the suite rate, because my friend booked it on hotwire or priceline, and was happy with the suite for the price paid. Whatever the regular rates are, they are to high for what you get here.
As with most high-priced hotel, you are nickle and dimed to death, and things included in more basic hotels are quite costly; wifi is $18/day, there was no fridge in the room, some of the "on demand" movies were $17!
The shower is just a plain old molded plastic tub/shower combo. Furniture in suite is old, and nothing went together. Cheap grey sofa, Oriental-style rug, super tacky fake brass "French horn" lamps... looked like it was all thrown together last minute from a garage sale.
The bed/bedding was very comfortable, and the location is great- very short walk to the subway, streetcar, Eaton Centre and even the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travelbag, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward