The Omni King Edward Hotel
Courtyard
US$322
US$240
3,908 results
All reviewsconsort barbeautiful hotellawrence marketbeautiful lobbyvalet parkingthe financial districtthe club loungeking streetdistillery districtroom was largehockey hall of famerenovated roomwould highly recommend this hotellocation is greatbed was very comfortableheart of downtowneaton centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff. Every request we had was answered with "of course" and "my pleasure". Concierge Brian Molnhuber helped me ship a very large suitcase back to my home so it could be repaired. He found a box large enough to ship and spent a lot of time and packing tape to make it secure. He called Fed Ex, filled out all my paperwork then made me a reservation for us at Richmond Station for the chef's table. He then followed up with me the next day to ask about our restaurant experience. When we return to Toronto next year, we will stay at the King Eddie.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Sleep quality is my first priority, and I slept like a baby here in spite of the bustling area, and King streetcar (we were on the 7th floor, so we were a bit removed). I don't know the suite rate, because my friend booked it on hotwire or priceline, and was happy with the suite for the price paid. Whatever the regular rates are, they are to high for what you get here.

As with most high-priced hotel, you are nickle and dimed to death, and things included in more basic hotels are quite costly; wifi is $18/day, there was no fridge in the room, some of the "on demand" movies were $17!

The shower is just a plain old molded plastic tub/shower combo. Furniture in suite is old, and nothing went together. Cheap grey sofa, Oriental-style rug, super tacky fake brass "French horn" lamps... looked like it was all thrown together last minute from a garage sale.

The bed/bedding was very comfortable, and the location is great- very short walk to the subway, streetcar, Eaton Centre and even the lake.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MKUltra3340
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear MKUltra3340,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that your sleep was restful and the location of the hotel was ideal but apologize for your disappointment with the room. We have commenced the renovation of guest rooms on two floors as part of a broader plan to renovate the hotel. We look forward to showcasing these rooms as soon as they are complete. We hope you return for a more positive experience.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni King Edward Hotel.

Jeff Waters

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The updated interior still telegraphs its old-world charm. I stayed there in the late '90s, and again in 2014, and it only improved with age. Choosing a downtown hotel brings certain tradeoffs if you drive in, yet those were mitigated by the friendly valets, door staff, and lobby staff. Once you get rid of the car, a subway stop is across the street, taxies are everywhere, and the streetcars are right in front. Wonderful hotel and great location to investigate the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear Chris F,

We are happy that you have come back to stay with us again after all this time. I am pleased that your experience was as enjoyable as you remembered from years ago and that you continue to appreciate the historic charm of the hotel even through the introduction of modern amenities in the newly renovated rooms. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff and mentioning the great location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Toronto.

Jeff Waters

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed at the King Edward, an older hotel but the rooms are spacious and clean the staff are very friendly and make you feel like a welcome guest. Check in was smooth, the room was in good order and staff followed up after check in to see if all was in order. The location is excellent close to the downtown financial district, restaurants etc.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked into the King Edward tonight for an unexpected business stay. From the doorman to staff in the main lobby, to those at reception, everyone is very friendly and welcoming. The room is very clean and comfortable. Some of the furnishings are bit tired, but since I booked through Hotwire I may have gotten an older room. No problem though, it is very nice. Great location if you want to enjoy the sights or dining downtown.