“Excellent Accommodations and Service”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #8 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff and accommodations were more than I could have hoped for. My wife and I stayed in one of the higher tier rooms for the night of our wedding, and we couldn't have asked for more. The room was prepped with beverages and sweets, elegantly styled and customized to celebrate our big day. The bedroom, both bathrooms, the living/sitting room and everywhere else was clean and inviting. We had a little issue with a neighboring room being a little noisy at 4:00am, but after one quick call the staff took care of the issue and we got to sleep right away. Online booking, check in and checkout were flawless and made the whole experience even smoother than I expected. I definitely recommend staying here to anyone coming to the area, or looking for a classy night's stay in the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Omni King Edward Hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I have been to several hotels around the world and have never had the service and pure elegance as I did when I visited this hotel!! simply beautiful and amazing - we got a complimentary room upgrade which started our night off right and it only got better from there! seriously the best hotel experience I've ever had and I can't wait to go back again! :D

Room Tip: Last minute deals!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Fantastic hotel staff
All first class
Well informed staff, they were able to point us in the right direction on things to do
and see
Our hire car was brought from garage and was at the front waiting each time we needed it
Tables were booked for us maps were made available and more local information was
provided

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janlyn0
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was one of the best finds - the staff are superb and made my stay very comfortable. I arrived after a very long flight and they sent up fresh milk so I could have a great cup of coffee - fresh apples at the check in counter and superb management to welcome you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful historic hotel. The rooms are quite large (ours was newly renovated). We had 2 closets, a wc and a separate shower room which was nice.

Valet parking is $45/day or 21$ if you do it yourself. We opted for valet. Wifi is free in the lobby or if you're part of the rewards program (you also get free morning breakfast/paper in the program) otherwise internet is 14.95$/day. Do sign up for the program.

I have different expectations for various starred hotels. This is a 4 star and mostly my expectations were met/exceeded. However, when I order breakfast and check the box that says 'knock and leave in the hallway' I do not expect, nor do I appreciate, having someone bang on my door 4x at 0730. I want it left so I can get out of bed or the shower at my leisure. I also expect my room to be tidied before 1700. We returned our 1st day at 1630 and our room hadn't been touched. I get it, it's a big hotel. We called the front dest and 30min later someone came to give us fresh towels. The next day we returned around 1900 and all was perfect! The morning we left they were there to clean at 0800. Seriously?!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here two nights so my daughter could see the One Direction concert.

They put us up in a nice room on the 11th floor because all they had were king beds. It offered a couch in a separate living area with its own TV. Nice room but the decor was not to our taste. I believe they may be renovating it soon.

The staff were friendly including Sara at the front desk. The valet parking guys were great with the guests and very helpful.

The subway, Hockey Hall of Fame, and shopping are all close by. Rogers Centre and the ACC are only a 15 minute walk. There's a Tim Horton's across the street.

I was disappointed at first with the parking. We were informed upon arrival that our vehicle wouldn't fit in their parking area ( Chev Avalanche). However, the guy at the door gave me directions to a secure parking area only 2 minutes walk down the road. This saved us about $70 in parking fees.

I would recommend the Omni King Edward to anyone visiting for business, to see an event or downtown sight.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

If downtown convenience and access to easy trains and TTC is your goal, the King Edward exceeds expectations by offering comfort, charm, hospitality, cleanliness, convenience and little luxuries. On business, it is easy to have people come to you for a meeting at the hotel or nearby. Colleagues actually wanted to make the meeting "at my place." The hotel is an oasis and actually worth the money compared with many others at higher and same price point in Toronto. The bed was clean and comfy, the room quiet and up-to-date, the wi-fi speedy, the remote in working order. Hurray for the reasonable pet policy although I did not dare bring my bad dog to downtown TO.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business