“Contrasts”

Ranked #8 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Wilmington, United States
“Contrasts”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel lobby is gorgeous, all lovely wood and marble with tons of glorious detail - but the renovated rooms are not, and not in character with the hotel. It was jarring to go from the welcoming lobby to the cold, sleek, gray room. The sofa and chairs in the room were hard and uncomfortable, and the glass of wine in welcome didn't do nearly enough to help! The staff was absolutely charming and as helpful as they could be, but were unable to get us the pre-requested rollaway.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Whistler
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is one of the best places to stay in Toronto. The service and attention to detail of staff is superb. I arrived feeling like a cup of coffee and the front desk delivered fresh milk for me! I was so happy to have milk and use their great coffee machines. Beds are comfortable - housekeeping is excellent - all round a most pleasant place to stay.
Free WIFi as an Omni member.
One negative - I did forget my car keys in the room - it would have saved me hours of stress if housekeeping would have called me to tell me this vital detail, considering I returned after work on the Friday to collect my luggage and spent the weekend in the city- two days later as I was leaving Toronto I called the hotel from the airport on the off chance that I had left them there and yes, they said they had them secured and safe! They sent them back to my home but not having the car keys meant I was stuck in my destination with no way to get home.

Room Tip: Free if you join up as an OMNI member - also free coffee delivered every morning as a perk! Rooms a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel seemed to have it all, from happy polite staff to very clean rooms. We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, close to everything we needed. The staff even mailed me a piece of clothing I forgot in the room. Finding the ice machine was the only challenge, and it wasn't too bad. We will totally stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014
London, UK
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The lady on the Front Desk was very kind, and when I asked for a renovated room (not available) she gave us a free upgrade to a classic suite. I also heard her on the phone to someone booking, saying the same thing, so I am not sure how many rooms have been renovated yet - certainly the carpets on floors the lift stopped at were old as on our floor.

That was the problem with the suite - lovely sized rooms, great bed (good + large), but 2 small table lamps up one end of a big room goes nowhere to light it at night, so all very dark, and the horrid green wallpaper and dingy grey carpet had seen better days in the 1980s I think. In the bathroom the shower curtain cut out all access to the light! and the toilet flush was pretty feeble and antique.

The breakfast - totally included in the rate (I did sign for a tip but was not charged it) - was excellent, with lots of choices - no extra charges at all.

The location was great too - right by both the subway and buses and trams, and a 10 minute walk to the Eaton Centre one way and the Harbourfront the other. I would try another hotel when we next come to Toronto is this one is not fully renovated, and as in the first paragraph no-one seemed to be getting a renovated room at present.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
KingEdward1903, Guest Relations Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
We apologize that we were unable to afford you one of our renovated rooms due to high occupancy levels and appreciate hearing the otherwise favorable comments about your stay. Renovated rooms are being added to our inventory on a regular basis so feel free to return very soon!
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. We were treated with the utmost of respect. The room was incredible. It was very large and well designed. Everything was clean and well-kept. It did not feel like you were in downtown Toronto from our room - could not hear the traffic at all.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

this hotel has class and is perfectly well located downtown, close to shopping and fine restaurants. Our suite had not been renovated yet but was still extremely well kept, tastily furnished and comfortable. On the down side, the hotel does not have a swimming pool or exercise room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Serge L
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I can't specify enough how much I enjoy staying at this hotel. Both stays so far have exceeded my expectations. If you are staying in Toronto and need to be downtown, this is the place to be. The hotel is in a great location and offers everything you need. There are some nice restaurants near by if you don't feel like dining in the hotel. I can't see myself staying anywhere else in Toronto unless this hotel is full.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

KingEdward1903, Guest Relations Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for your kind remarks and for continuing to stay with us on your trips to Toronto. We look forward to hosting you again soon!