“Outstanding service/value”

Ranked #8 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Outstanding service/value”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The Omni King Edward renovated rooms are outstanding. The agent who made our reservation by phone took note of my concern that older rooms may not be as nice and on arrival we were surprised with an upgrade! Considering this is an absolutely stunning hotel with history, charm and the perfect location, the price was unbeatable.

Tip: Wifi in the room is free if you are a member or you can register at checkin!

Thanks to the wonderful Omni staff.

Room Tip: Go for the newly renovated rooms. Book by phone.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2014

From all the reviews I read here on Trip Advisor, I definitely expected more from the hotel. While everything was nice, it was not exceptional. I had reserved a room with two queen beds as I was traveling with my teenage son, they "upgraded" my reservation to one of the renovated rooms, which had only one King Bed. I went to the front desk, and they quickly put us in one of the older rooms with 2 beds. I will say this about the renovated rooms, while it was nice it was also very small, barely room for anything but the furniture. The room they moved us to was quite large, but definitely dated. The water pressure in the shower also left much to be desired.

I am a select guest member so the free morning beverage was a nice perk, as was the free wi-fi, the issue I had with the Wi-Fi was the fact that only 3 devices could be connected. I had 3 devices myself, my son had 2. In this day and age only allowing 3 devices to connect is a major inconvenience.

My biggest issue/disappointment was with the staff, while they were certainly polite they did not seem to go out of their way to assist you, we had to seek them out for information. It seemed like everytime we left the hotel to see the sights, we had to approach the staff for directions/information. I expected them to approach us offering assistance instead of us asking for it. Not a major complaint, but it was noticable.

Overall a nice hotel, and a pleasurable weekend stay, just not the "Exceptional" service/accomodations I was expecting. I would probably stay here again when in Toronto, I would just go in with lower expectaions

Room Tip: Only single bed rooms are renovated at this time. Renovated room we saw was small
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
KingEdward1903, Guest Relations Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Hyzy,

Many thanks for your review. While we are glad to know that you had a pleasurable stay overall, we are sorry about your perceived service experience with our staff. Your comments have been reviewed with our team to address areas for improvements. We hope that you return and we invite you to contact us directly before your arrival so we may ensure that your experience exceeds your expectations and that you have a seamless stay.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Room was described as 'Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed'.
NOTHING as described. Nothing deluxe about it. Room was quite small with a king bed fitted in.
Leaky, noisy toilet greeted us. Fixed immediately by friendly staff though.
Provided with free breakfast for inconvenience. Breakfast was sub-par. Although comped, I would expect a $26 breakfast to be much, much better. Very simple meal which could have been easily prepared by my young child at home. Overall? Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Get the specifics of your room before you book. 'Deluxe' in the title apparently does not me...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Neil W,

We appreciate your feedback and regret that your room was not up to your expectations.The hotel is currently undergoing major renovation which should be completed in the near future. The rooms which have been so far renovated have received outstanding reviews from our guests and we look forward to having you stay in one of these rooms on your next visit.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2014

It was only a quick 2 night stay but it was a great one. The high level of customer service throughout the entire team was fantastic. The great location in the downtown core meant we could actually slip away to the Eaton Centre for a quick shoe shop when we had a break in our agenda. The newly rennovated rooms are lovely.

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Everything was great! Lovely atmosphere. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff but the Premier King room was spotless and luxurious! Location was great for walking to various areas, close to subway. Only A/C too noisy!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Brussels
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The King Edward is a typical Grand Hotel that occupied major cities in the past and certainly a rare experience in Toronto with his mostly "all look-al-like" modern hotels. The grandeur is still there from entry to the rooms. Just ask for another room when your doesn't satisfy your needs.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Excellent hotel, stay in a newly-renovated room on the 6th floor - very nice and clean. Staff was friendly and handled my one issue (that had nothing to do with the hotel itself) very well. I will be sure to return upon my next visit.