My husband and I stayed at the King Edward in April of 2009. We were attending a function in one of the ballrooms, so staying at the hotel was the most convenient thing to do.
Our actual room was quite large (King Deluxe Room). The minibar was well stocked. There was a safe in the room which was easy to use. We had no view from our room and the window could not be opened.
The bathroom was defitely the worst part of the room. It was really big, which was nice, but everything else about it was not so great. The products (soap, shampoo, lotion) had a strange smell. There was visible mold along the edges of the bathtub and over the shower tiles. The showerhead itself had signigicant calcium or hardwater build up. The toilet was either low flow or not adequately working.
The towels and bed linens had an overpowering stench of bleach. The mattress and pillows were quite comfortable, however.
I found the hotel to be noisey -- lots of doors opening and shutting throughout the night. I am a light sleeper, so I was woken up several times throughout the night. I could also hear people talking in the hallways.
Parking is expensive at $25/night.
My biggest issue with the hotel is that my husband got food poisoning after eating at the function. He was severely ill and had to be assessed at the emergency room. When I contacted the hotel, I was told there was no way it could be from their hotel and that he had to have picked it up somewhere else. I was not calling to be confrontational, but to advise the management that there may be an issue they need to look into. Instead of listening to what I had to say, the manager was rude and extremely unprofessional. I ended up the conversation by hanging up, as I was not being listened to.
Although the hotel was clean and comfortable, I would likely not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward