“Location, location, location!”

Novotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #47 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Rented a room for 3 nights with 2 adults and 2 kids for March break (booked through CAA and got great rates) All of our activities were located downtown and we opted not to stay at the Royal York due to construction. What a pleasant surprise. Spacious, clean, well appointed rooms, 3 blocks from the heart of the city with a lot of services within 1 block. (St. Lawrence Market, tons of pubs, tons of restaurants, LCBO, grocery store....) We opted to get the room plan which included buffet breakfast for 2 adults in the rooms price (kids eat free)...OMG WHAT A FANTASTIC DEAL! Service was phenomenal in the restaurant, really friendly and inviting for the kids especially and the buffet was a true full buffet breakfast. We really had nothing bad to say about this hotel and the service. GO.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris O
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hi Chris - Wow! Thank you for your fantastic review! We're very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you highlighting the phenomenal service you received in our restaurant, as well. Hope to see you next time you should visit Toronto.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,229)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was handy to the train station so you could walk but the street was under construction and may be for some time. Nothing out of the ordinAry in terms of rooms. Peeling paint on the ceiling in the shower/tub area. The hot tub in the pool area was not very clean and did not work very well.
It was overpriced for the room
On the other hand, the brunch was very good. The hotel brags about the BEST bread in Toronto and they may be right. The croissants were very Parisian in their fluffiness and crusty outside. Not like North American croissants which are too doughy.
The baguette was also delicious. Just like being in France!
It is worth going for brunch and it is handy to the esplanade restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Front street unless you want to hear the pub noise below
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We really value your comments and will share them with our team.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel is really well located for quick travel in and out of the Billy Bishop Airport or Union Station. Travellers can fly in to the island airport, catch the free shuttle to Union Station and then walk the short distance to the hotel. There is a lot of construction happening in the area right now, but the walk is short and easy even with rolling luggage in tow. The lobby is bright and has a minimalist décor. I especially like the faux tufting on the white wall surrounding the elevator bank. Check-in was quick and I headed up to my 8th floor room. I had booked a standard room at the government rate, so it wasn't huge but it was comfortable enough. It looked out over a parking garage and, on an angle, to the windows of the hotel's pool room, which is also on the 8th floor, located right off of the elevator lobby. The room was well laid out and had everything that I needed, including a small "cooler" fridge and a good-sized programmable safe. The king-sized bed was comfortable with a crisp white duvet and no top sheet. I know that this European style doesn't suit everyone (and the hotel does provide an extra sheet that you can add yourself, if you want) but personally I prefer a bed covering that is obviously sparkling clean and has been laundered after every single guest's departure over a coverlet or comforter that stays on the bed for weeks without cleaning. The room had a single chair and small settee under the window, and a long desk with lots of plugs that also housed a large flat screen TV. The bathroom was spacious and clean and I appreciated that there was a disposable loofah included with the bath products. The white towels that I received were still white and fluffy and there were sturdy wooden hangers in the closet near the door. Overhead fixtures and well-placed lamps provided plenty of light in the room. I only stayed one night on this particular business trip, but there are lots of amenities in the immediate vicinity, including restaurants right outside the hotel's door (e.g., the Keg, the Old Spaghetti Factory, the Bier Markt) and several entertainment options nearby (the Sony Centre for Performing Arts, the Air Canada Centre, the Hockey Hall of Fame). There is also a well-stocked convenience store quite literally next door to the hotel that is the perfect place to load up on snacks and soft drinks, as well as to pick up any toiletries that you may have forgotten. I did not eat in the hotel on this visit, but its café is in the lobby, looking out onto the street, and offers pretty standard fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel was busy enough, as evidenced by the fact that I saw lots of people in the lobby and in the elevators (which require the use of a room key to ride), but I didn't hear any noise in the hallways at all. Check-out was quick the following morning and the attendant was quick to offer to store my luggage for the day, even though I didn't require that particular service. As this hotel always delivers, I will definitely be back on my next visit to Toronto.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anne K

Thank you for your great feedback. We really appreciate your thorough review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the room amenities and we hope to see you again on your next business trip. Cheers!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had a room on the fourth floor facing the Esplanade. The room itself was minimally furnished. The beds were comfortable - the pillows not so much. We did not have any room or street noise (and we were there on a Saturday night). There were a couple of things that I didn't love. We could not turn the heat down in the room. It was very warm. There was no fan in the bathroom - so after we all had showers - the room became hot. The window could not be opened - so we roasted. Due to there not being a fan in the bathroom - the shower had a lot of mould. The hinges on the door were super rusty and gross looking. I don't really ever notice things like that - but even my kids commented on the rusty hinges. Another minor issue was that the alarm clock was broken. We had reservations and a show to go to - so we didn't mention these minor issues to the front desk (and that is our fault). Based on our experience with check in and out - I do believe that they would have tried to remedy the issues but we were truly short on time. There is underground parking at the hotel for $25 and there is an outdoor lot just down the street for $10. We chose indoor simply for convenience. The hotel is centrally located. We had breakfast and it had decent options at the buffet (cold cereals, selection of fresh breads, scrambled eggs, eggs Benedict, sausages, bacon, hash browns, cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, etc.).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank butterfly123
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your great feedback. We really appreciate your thorough review. We will share your maintenance observations with the team. We are glad your stay was enjoyable overall and we hope to see you again! ~Janak Bhawnani

Reviewed 17 February 2014

-We stayed here in December.
-location was good, with lots of dinning options nearby... Keg, old Spaghetti factory, some pubs, etc...
-Union station (Subway Access) or corner of Front st/Yonge st (Subway or PATH Access) were about a 5-10min walk away.
-Onsite parking (parking garage) was $20/nite and it allowed in/out privileges during your stay.
-Access to all floors via elevator requires Keycard which is good for security. But make sure you take your key with your to Pool, as you will need it to get back to your room.
-Pool area was nice, along with hot tub. only downfall... change rooms/washrooms were 2 floors down from the pool, and only accessible via a steep stairwell at side of pool area.
-We didn't eat breakfast here, so I cannot comment on the Breakfast buffet.
-We would return here again with its good location, and good rates for being a downtown toronto hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by large buildings on all sides (with parking garage on south/back side of h...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank nathanrs1979
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your great feedback. We really appreciate your thorough review, and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Eric J

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Lovely hotel, great location near Union station, and decent breakfast served in the morning. Hotel staff are friendly, but there were some communication problems when I asked for a continental breakfast to be sent up early the night before (due to an early flight) which they said they were more than happy to do for me. It didn't happen in the end, even after confirming in the morning, but I can understand that staff present one night, may not be present the next. Bar was lacking a good range of drinks, but the bar tender was really apologetic and nice about not having what I wanted, so that wasn't a huge issue. Also my room wasn't cleaned while I was there. Saying all that, I would definitely look it up again if I was ever back in Toronto!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank little_chunkyJ
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the fact that you would stay with us again, despite the hiccups you encountered during your stay. We really apologize that we missed the mark on this occasion. I will certainly be sharing your review with our team so we can make improvements. We'd love to serve you again in the future.