“great location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Canada
“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is perfectly located - close to many restaurants and downtown Toronto attractions. Parking a little steep but standard for downtown. Breakfast not included - buffet had lots of options. Rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your five-star review! It pleases me to see our guests enjoy our guest rooms, amenities, and proximity to all of Toronto’s great sites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Novotel while in Toronto at a Jay's game. The facility was very clean. The best part was its location. It was within walking distance to the Rogers Center, Ripley's Aquarium and the St. Lawrence market. Public Parking next door to the hotel had reasonable rates for Toronto. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your positive comments! I’m happy to hear you were able to get to Rogers Centre without any hassle because of our location. We’d love to be your home base for future events in our city!
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was ok, a walk to dundas square and lots of decent bars around. However it was expensive given that there was no breakfast provided. Our room was not serviced and when we rang reception and requested this they simply delivered towels to the room. I would expect a lot more from a hotel for this price.

Stayed August 2014
I am sorry to read that despite your request for housekeeping, your guest room did not receive proper cleaning. This is very unusual, and I can assure you that I will be looking into this matter. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, good customer service, pleasant sleep, air con, clean, good food, reasonably priced and well placed location in downtone toronto. Walking distance from all important places. I really enjoyed this. A definite return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your 4-star review. We’re pleased to read you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel and location. We’d be honored to serve you again when visiting Toronto.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here for one night in May 2014 during a business trip to Toronto. I arrived around midnight and left immediately after breakfast, but I enjoyed my stay. The room was large (excellment for doing my Insanity workout) and clean, although plain. The hotel's location is good - right off the Gardiner Expressway. The highlight was the breakfast. I very much appreciate being able to enjoy a quality breakfast before beginning a full day of work on the road. The Novotel's breakfast was outstanding for a reasonably priced hotel. I plan to stay here again. I will let you know what I think of the gym after my next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I’m glad to read that our guest rooms are large enough for an Insanity workout; those can get intense! I’m proud that we succeeded in giving you a nice stay in Toronto, and we hope your next visit is soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I lost a coin flip and we stayed here again. Been 2 years since we've stayed, unsure if anything has changed. We were given the wrong room on check-in and spent a few more minutes in the lobby, which was kind of nice since the room was so drab, as was our new room. But, this is just one of those pricey hotels, in my opinion, which is meant just to hang your hat and get out and see the city.

The only thing this hotel has going for it is that it is close to the St Lawrence Market and some great pubs. So, if you're looking for decent parking and being close to cool eateries - this will do.

Edit: WiFi was a bit slow, could have been the time of day. 4pm

Room Tip: 1. Make sure you tell the front desk clerk twice, what room you want. Then double check. 2. Ensure...