“Our place to stay in Toronto...”

Novotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #45 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersGold level
Aurora, Canada
“Our place to stay in Toronto...”
Reviewed 8 March 2011

My husband and I have stayed here 4 or 5 times now, usually a weekend when we have a concert to go to or other events planned in the city.
We first chose the Novotel because we love using the large hot tub and pool, especially in the winter! Dinner across the street at The Bier Markt is also a favourite, especially on the patio in Summer.
We also love that we can take the bus from our home in Aurora and have a short walk; under 10 minutes; from the bus station to the Novotel.
Staff are always friendly and accommodating, rooms and shared spaces (pool, hot tub etc.) are clean and comfortable and we always enjoy our stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheFisbers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2011

The Novotel was charming and was in a great location for our first stay in Toronto. Our room however was a little disapointing. The air con/heating took some getting used to, a bit noisy, but nothing that really bothered us. Our view was of a multi-storey carpark which made our room very dark. But we made do with the room we booked. The dining room was excellent. We dined there every night we stayed and was made very welcome by a member of staff who kept on checking on how things were. He always made time for me and my boyfriend and asked us about our trip etc. I will miss this! Would I come and stay here again? Oh yes! This hotel was far better than I any I have stayed in before!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KariHearn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Excellent central location marred by very poor service and a restaurant which was one of the worst Novotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We got a special deal for this hotel room (95$/night if I remember correctly), which was great value for a hotel in downtown Toronto. We liked that it was pretty close to the train station, enough so that we didn't need to hail a cab. We almost walked everywhere, even though Toronto is quite cold in January!

The room itself was like any other mid-range quality hotel, standard accommodation, but with a very comfortable bed, a coffee machine (hate when hotels don't have those!), etc. Everything was very clean, which is basically the most important criteria for me. The only downside I could see was that the walls are not very soundproof... Some people woke us up one night because they were yelling in the hallways. Oh, and must Novotel use plastic cups when they also put glass cups right beside them? They tell us not to wash our towels everyday to save the environment, but what about all this waste in the landfills? My two cents.

Otherwise everything was fine! I would go back at such a great price!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2011

The rooms are adequate, but not amazing. I lost my room card within 2 hours of arriving and it was replaced no questions asked. I haven't checked out yet so I'm curious to see how much that will cost me. The hot water last night barely got above room temperature, which is not ideal when you are trying to defrost from the Toronto weather. The fridge can't be used for putting your own food in, it is purely there as a mini bar. That being said, I did store food in mine, but if you want to do that, make sure to hang the do not disturb sign, or the cleaner will throw away your food.
The wifi is good, I'm using it now. The tv has a Internet function, but you have to pay to use it. The location I'd good - right near st Lawrence market. There is also a huge supermarket nearby is you want to eat cheaply, it had lots of pre-prepared meals like sandwiches and sushi and is open 24 hours.
The airport express doesn't stop here, but the closest stop is not far - near the royal york, less than 1pm away.

• Stayed January 2011
Tigre, Argentina
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Pool and fitness center was under renovation, so we couln't enjoy the pool, especially when outside was snowing and the temparature was -10 C.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I suppose this is what you get when you stay at a big impersonal chain. We didn't get a smile or any real assistance from the staff no offer of help as we struggled through the door with our bags they just leered at us from behind the desk and when we asked for a map it got handed to us and when I asked to be shown where the hotel was on the map I just got 'it's marked on there' we did finally locate a small penned on mark eventually. We got gouged on making calls and the buffet breakfast was ordinary and overpriced. The cold reception really tainted our whole perception of Toronto don't think we'll be going back and will never stay at a novotel hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011