“A wonderful stay”

Ranked #19 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel in fashionable Yorkville to the moment we left we received first class service. We arrived early and were able to check-in. Tony and Catherine at reception were helpful, friendly and personable and on finding out it was my birthday, paid special attention to this fact and upgraded our room.

Our room was a well appointed large room with two queen beds, comfy chairs and a bar fridge. The large bathroom was equipped with hairdryer, slippers, robes and lovely toiletries. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and soft. The one thing we missed was a coffee machine in the room although I believe coffee was available in the lobby but hoofing it down there early in the morning is not my cup of tea so to speak. We also missed a morning newspaper outside our door. The evening service staff was efficient and friendly, turning down our beds and making sure our ice buckets were full.The room had not much of a view but it was extremely quiet for downtown Toronto.

I very much appreciated the bottle of wine Tony at reception sent to our room in recognition of my birthday. This made me feel like such an honored guest.

We had a drink in the 18th floor lounge and I imagine in warmer weather it would have been fantastic to sit on the terrace. Service in the lounge was great and the drinks expensive.

Room service was again first class. Abul was so friendly and attentive and went out of his way to make everything perfect for us. I was so pleased and surprised when Abul brought a decadent birthday cake from the IRD Staff to our room.

We had a filling lunch in Yorkville and wanted something lighter for dinner. Dinner in the Annona Restaurant in the hotel fit the bill with both the hostess and servers providing excellent service. We both agreed the salmon dish was healthy with perfect proportions and well worth every bite.

We had appointments the next day at the Stllwater Spa in the hotel which was another wonderful experience. Spa staff were helpful and attentive and the tea lounge area was constantly refilled with various flavors of water, finger sandwiches, biscotti, coffee and tea. We were welcome to arrive early and relax in the refreshment area and use the whirlpool, steam room, sauna and fitness centre before and as well after our treatments. Our body treatments of 90 minutes, the Morrocan Rhassoul Wrap and the River Stone Mud Wrap, were expensive but as the Spa is recognized as one of the best Spas in Toronto, the high quality products used and the excellent treatment, the money was well spent for a special occasion such as this.

On another note, the day of our departure, the cleaning staff knocked three different times to come in. It wasn't anywhere near check out time. Since we did not use the Do Not Disturb Sign I could understand the first time knocking, but the second and third times were a bit annoying.

We were sorry to have to leave the hotel after two nights. I can't remember ever receiving such warm, caring and efficient service as we did in this hotel. This was a great way to celebrate a 65th birthday and look forward to many more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Happy belated birthday! I am delighted to hear that your celebration was made that much more special by efforts from our Park Hyatt family.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is always a pleasure to hear when guests have had a chance to experience all of our amenities as you did. I completely understand how annoying the repeated knocks must have been – please accept my apologies for that inconvenience.

I have shared your compliments to the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit and helping to create many more memories.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night at the end of trip to Canada. Check in was quick and very efficient. Used valet parking and our bags were up from the car and in our room within 5 minutes. The porter who brought them up gave us a good rundown on the hotel and the area (Yorkville).

The room might have had a refresh in the last couple of years - no significant signs of wear and was comfortable with a good view north. The bed was very comfortable with good linen and pillows.

The hallways are dated and worn and the elevators long overdue for a replacement. They are very worn and tired looking and rattle causing a few moments of concern.

We didn't eat in the hotel preferring to try the local Yorkville restaurants (Sputini's Italian and Flo's diner) over the more expensive hotel options.

The complimentary internet access throughout the hotel is a plus for Aussie's use to paying $25-30 / day for the service in Australian hotels.

At the end of the day it's the room and bed that matters most. Would stay again due to the quality of both.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt in June of last year. Four of us stayed in suites and it was a fabulous experience.

The hotel has an air of opulence about it, despite being an older hotel than some in Toronto, it is kept to a standard that rivals new hotels I've visited, with constant tweaks being made if something is not in proper working order. There is ALWAYS someone cleaning or polishing something, the valets and doormen are there in a flash to greet you with a smile.

The rooms were well equipped and spacious, with any amenities we needed available at the touch of a button. We had a late flight out of the airport and were able to retain our rooms until 6pm for a fee, which was actually not very much at all considering we should have left at 12pm. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows soft. There was no noise from the road below even in the morning when it's busier outside, despite the prime location. In the room was a hairdryer, robes and slippers, re-stocked toiletries as well as a coffee machine, magazines etc.

The staff were friendly and welcoming and attended our every need. I personally suffer tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and the staff made the extra effort of tracking down and bringing up a pedestal fan in order for me to be able to sleep better, positioning it in my room near the bed.

My only complaint was that this year when we booked into another Hyatt it turned out that even though we had signed up to the Hyatt reward scheme at the desk in Toronto it turned out it hadn't been processed for some reason- so we lost the 'points' from our stay in the Hyatt at Toronto which cost us a considerable amount. Luckily we rectified the situation with an apology gesture from Hyatt but I'm sure this would be important for business travellers as I believe the perks include free nights etc. However, I'm sure it was just an electronic error.

Overall, the location is brilliant (you could not get any closer to the action of Bloor Yorkville if you tried) and the hotel is kept in top form. Brilliant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and the small touches you needed to make your stay comfortable were all within reach.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your reward points not being processed seamlessly post your stay and if you have any further challenges with this, I am always happy to assist.

We look forward to once again welcoming you when your travels bring you back to Yorkville.

FVG
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've been here just for one night and I was really satisfied, in fact I was a little worried after reading some no so nice report on this hotel
instead everything was perfect
clean, warm and soft
a great place for the art museum

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here one night for business. The location of the hotel is excellent - close to high end shopping, museums, galleries, theatres, restaurants. The hotel is older but appears to be well maintained for the most part. Check in was quick and staff was pleasant and helpful.

My room was on the 14th floor. A very large king bed room, though I found the bathroom small. Adequate for one person, but would be crowded for a family. The room was VERY clean. Even the AC vents were free of dust and the entire room was spotless. I was very impressed. There was not even mould in the bathroom (which you tend to see in older hotels). The only thing I didn't like was the plumbing was dated and the toilet did not flush well. Also, there was no counter space by the sink. Should put shelves in the bathroom so guests can lay out their toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and duvet and pillows were nice and fluffy. Nice work desk with couple of plug ins. It's adequate enough for a single business traveller.

Meeting facility was modern. Food for our meeting was of exceptional quality - not what you usually get with these meeting meals. The salmon, steak, vegees etc were all expertly prepared.

I found the staff very helpful and pleasant and would stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 November 2013

While I did not enjoy the Toronto FanExpo, per se, (my reason for the visit) - I DID fall in love with this hotel. The location was excellent, the parking easy, and the hotel staff extremely helpful. The room was clean and had an excellent view of the city. Additionally, the rooftop access/bar/lounge was for me, strangely, a HUGE highpoint. This is my first rooftop lounge experience and I just had a great time with it - I fell in love with, let me be honest: the view and the fact I was on the roof.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I just attended a wedding for a friend held at the Park Hyatt and wanted to congratulate everyone who help create such an incredible event. Donald , the lead wedding organizer was very responsive and managed to find a solution to every little ( and big) thing that popped up ( including finding stick pins for the groom's boutonniere). The banquet staff ( Danny deserves a shout-out) was professional yet friendly and the food delicious with no mix-ups on orders. They even served an extra plate of special bread to help calm down one of the wedding party's nervous stomach. The concierge on the main floor also pitched in and helped a wedding guest who didn't know how to tie his tie. I've attended many events and plenty of weddings but this one was made extra memorable by the innovativeness and caring attention of the Park Hyatt staff.

Room Tip: If you're having a wedding reception, the Maple Leaf Suite is really lovely for the bridal coupl...