“An Excellent Second Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Honolulu, Hawaii
“An Excellent Second Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We unexpectedly found ourselves back in Toronto to do a University of Toronto campus tour for our son. We immediately booked ourselves at the Park Hyatt, one because it's an easy walk to the St. George campus, but also because of how much we enjoyed our previous stay.

We weren't disappointed by returning to this property. As in our first visit last Spring, the entire staff made us feel welcome and comfortable, though we weren't quite as dependent for assistance this time around. However when we did require help we received excellent service. The bellmen, front desk, cleaning staff, hotel driver and especially the concierge desk all helped make our stay a memorable one.

Our deluxe double room was spacious and comfortable, with all the amenities we required. The evening turn down service is a very nice touch as was the free wifi connection. My wife commented how much she loves staying at this hotel.

Besides the UT campus tour, we visited the Royal Ontario Museum to see the fabulous Forbidden City exhibit of Imperial China. We walked through Chinatown and Kensington Market, as well as the upscale Yorkville district and visited Eaton Centre.

There were so many great restaurants in the immediate area too, Dimmi for Italian, the Duke of York pub, Crown Princess for sumptuous dim sum, Jacques Bistro du Parc which is a great neighborhood bistro, Over Easy for breakfast and Second Cup for coffee.

The Park Hyatt remains our hotel of choice when visiting Toronto and I highly recommend it to fellow travelers when staying in the Yorkville district.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Let me start this off by saying I am a multi-year Diamond Member with Hyatt so I prefer their properties. I can't stay here again (3rd time now) and the Internet is horrible. Each time I have called and the provider's tech has said, "There are too many people using the Internet". What kind of answer is this? Doesn't a hotel want people a lot of people there? Seems counter-intuitive to me.

The net/net is I want a quiet, clean, and hi-speed hotel (in that order).

If you don't need to do work and be on the Internet, this is a fine place. If you do, you might want to venture to another property.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Diamond Member,

Thank you for your continued support of our brand and for selecting Hyatt properties as your hotel choice.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced and the manner in which your concerns were handled with the company that provides IT support. I have saved your feedback and will be sharing it with our managing team as this does not reflect the way we communicate with our guests.

Once again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and my hope is that this experience does not affect your support of the Hyatt brand.

Best Regards,
-Gail Aihoshi
Executive Offices
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very nice hotel. It's a nice buiding, very well located with several shopping and dinning options nearby. Rooms are big enough, well decorated, new forniture. My room, in particular, had a great view of downtown Toronto. Staff is great and the Spa/Fitness Center is above expectations. Recommended.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I arrived late afternoon and felt the welcome immediately. And when I discovered their spa is open until 10 PM, I turned a short business trip into a great evening retreat. Wonderful spa, sufficiently staffed so you can actually get an appointment when you check in. The Polish woman who did my late night peddy was lovely, funny, and warm. I slept well and was ready for a great meeting the next day. The rooms are lovely and the light show in the the CN tower in the distance is pretty great. The restaurant (Annona) was great for a single person traveling alone--the staff went out of their way to make my meal a pleasure. And if you get a carnivorous craving, Morton's is next door.

Room Tip: The city view includes a vista of the CN tower, lovely to see at night. Though my room was great, th...
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Park Hyatt. From the moment I pulled up at the hotel the service was outstanding. Every staff member I encountered was kind and eager to please. The room I had was a great size and the bathroom was large and well stocked. What I loved most about this hotel was its perfect location. I was in Toronto for business and I was able to walk everywhere I needed to be. Additionally, the hotel is located near the best stores so if you want to sneak in a little shopping, as I did, it is very easy to do so. I would definitely stay here again, I have no complaints.

One piece of advice, if you plan on sleeping/being in your room past 8:00am put your "privacy please" sign on your door. Housekeeping starts bright and early at 8:00 and you'll get a knock on your door. I had to jump out of the shower to avoid getting walked in on, I forgot to put the sign out and wasn't expecting housekeeping service to begin so early.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

With additional 5 star properties added in Toronto, this property is not able to compete. The furniture is dated and the carpets and paint are worn. The front desk staff were elusive and smug but the room service staff and concierge were warm and very helpful. They made arrangements for a special celebration and attended to every minute detail and beyond. The rooftop bar is a great place to visit after a night out, however staff there were less than enthusiastic.

Room Tip: The south tower is older but it is furnished more traditionally, closer to Bloor Street and the roof...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I have shared your comments with the team. Would you mind if we connected with your directly to discuss your experience?

I look forward to speaking with you.

Gail Aihoshi
Executive Assistant
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I would have given this hotel 3 stars if it wasn't (as my title alluded to) for the exceptional service I was shown here. I was away in Uganda over Valentine's Day and decided to spontaneously book a night here over the weekend for myself and girlfriend as a surprise. I let the hotel staff know the story, and they graciously upgraded me, free of charge, to a junior suite. Although I am very gracious for the hospitality, I do feel obliged to say that this hotel is in desperate need of a make-over....fast...The room, while a good size, with comfortable sheets and large flat screened TV, had a hole in the ceiling (I think a piece fell out) some grouting that was cracked, and an old bathroom. In terms of the spa, the check-in was very nice, and the walkway welcoming. The tea room was cozy with biscotti, tea, coffee, water and places to relax and sit. BUT, the spa itself was really below standard. The mens (and I can only speak to mens section) area was small, had only one toilet with an essentially non-functional flush, an old plastic hot tub that looked like it should have been at someone's cottage outdoors with non-functional jets, missing mosaic tiles, a cold sauna (no water allowed on the rocks to warm up) and a cold, wet dripping steam room with no upper level to warm up. All in all I really think that they need to get off their laurels and get to work renovating. But please keep the same staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. In no way does this reflect the level of service we extend to our guests. I have immediately explored the details you noted and have shared your comments with the team. Would you mind if we connected directly to further discuss your experience?

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you when your schedule allows.

Best Regards,