“Disappointing Service”

Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
New York City, New York
“Disappointing Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a one night stay here and what a disappointment. Most of my previous Park Hyatt/Grand Hyatt experiences were in Asia, so maybe I set the bar too high but still.

Asked the concierge to book us the free car service to a restaurant my gf picked for dinner. They drove us to the wrong place, we ended up having to pay more for the cab than if I had just gotten it at the hotel.

In addition, before leaving I asked the concierge where we should go before dinner to grab a drink. They simply said something along the lines of "oh there are tons of bars around the restaurant you are going to, you can just pick one when you get there"

I then asked for recommendations of lounges to go to after dinner. They said that I should go to "XYZ" district, again without picking a specific place.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but if I just want to know which districts have restaurants or bars I can just use google and do it myself. If they can't recommend a place, make reservations, what exactly is their job?

On another note the rooftop bar at this property is very cool. Great city views.

Rooms weren't all that special (for park hyatt standards) but the rates here are reasonable, so you can't expect too much I guess.

Anyway, this is an ok property, and other than the concierge I have no major complaints. I just became used to phenomenal service with the Park Hyatt brand, and this is definitely not the case here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your overall experience during your recent stay with us. I was surprised and equally disappointed to read the notes you shared detailing your interactions with our Concierge and the inconveniences experienced with our Car Service.

I have shared your feedback with the team and will continue to explore this internally. If there are any additional opportunities you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel cos of its great location in the middle of downtown and walking distance from many great places and museums. We checked in late and were greeted very nicely. Room was ready and they valet parked our car. We had breakfast package with our room and the restaurant was great and so was the service. Staff was always there to help and very accommodating in many ways. It was a great stay from all aspects and definitely recommended.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank PapaJeee
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have not stayed often in Toronto. I found the room adequate for the price. The restaurants and bar were quite good overall, but for the prices I would have expected a higher level of quality and choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Had a 1 night visit on the Park Hyatt with my wife to have a break. First iff, this hotel is old. While many areas look nice, they are clearly dated in style and age of furnishings. Probably was top of the line when built, but needs a renovation. Service was generally good, but hit and miss. Check-in was great, room service was great, and we had wonderful service at the rooftop bar (and spectacular views). However, valet was very slow to take the car (and didn't acknowledge our arrival) and the restaurant at breakfast was understaffed. Overall, good value for money, but i wish they would renovate, as it could be so much more given its location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John N
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us.

It is always our hope that when our guests arrive, they feel welcome and are able to enjoy an authentic Park Hyatt Toronto experience. It saddens me to read that your stay was not reflective of the level of service we strive to provide all of our guests and I would like to speak with you further regarding the details you mentioned.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to connecting with you when your schedule allows.

Gail Aihoshi
-Park Hyatt Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was at the Park Hyatt for business and will be returning. The rooms were lovely, spacious and clean. Business meeting rooms were perfect for our needs, and the meals were exceptional. Staff was very helpful, friendly and accommodating.

The location was excellent, in the heart of Yorkville, with many shoppes within short walking distance, and the Royal Ontario Museum was only a five minute walk away,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kerri Q
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us.

It is always wonderful to hear that our guests feel welcomed by our team and are able to enjoy our amenities and the Yorkville neighbourhood during their stay. I am delighted to hear that you will be returning.

Once again, thank you for your note and we look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the last six weeks for business and have had not one problem or complaint.
The staff are friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean and spacious and comfortable. Wifi worked just fine. Gym and sauna were a pleasure to visit. Great location.
It may be a bit pricey compared to other options but you get what you pay for. An elegant comfortable upscale hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and for selecting us as your hotel of choice when your travels bring you to Toronto.

It is a pleasure to hear that you felt comfortable and enjoyed our amenities and service on all of your visits. When planning your return trip to Yorkville, please do not hesitate to let me know how I may assist you with your reservation details.

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed that hotel for one night Sat. May 18. Upon arrival, the staff knew me by name when I checked in and honoured an early check in as we had requested. We had a Park Deluxe King room in north tower. Room was pristine with very good amenities. Decor is a bit dated as many of stated but the rooms still have an elegant hotel feel. We visited the rooftop bar for a pre-dinner cocktail. Definitely worth a visit. The hotel has a good city buzz without feeling pretentious. Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends