“Towering quality”

Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Towering quality”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel has the "twin towers" of Toronto and the rooms are situated in either the north or south tower. The restaurant has a great selection for breakfast - the "low carb" version was particularly nice with poached eggs, asparagus, spinach and smoked salmon with a citrus salsa...Mmmm!
The staff were just as courteous and helpful as would be expected of this class of Hotel and while drinking and dining is as expensive as you would expect of a Hotel on the "mink mile" - it is good value nonetheless. Beds are very comfortable and very wide, rooms clean and well appointed and the bathrooms are excellent, all in marble.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank globetraveller123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Korean first
Orange, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Park Hyatt Toronto is set in swanky Yorkville, where the likes of Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Prada and the like are located. The area is differentiated from the rest of Toronto as the sidewalks are lined with black granite tiles. This part of town is some of the most expensive retail space in North America.

Upon entering the Park Hyatt, the front desk is located slightly to the left. The front desk agent was very friendly, and upon giving her my information merely stated that my room was ready. She did not acknowledge that I was a Hyatt Gold Passport member, or even that I was a Diamond member. No amenity was offered, no late check-out, or even where breakfast was served. Although I applaud her enthusiasm, her lack of acknowledging those loyal to Hyatt was somewhat disappointing.

The lobby is somewhat small and is in need of some updating, as it feels somewhat dated.

The hotel is split into two towers. I was given a room in the tower with the rooftop lounge.

I used an expiring Hyatt suite upgrade certificate when making my reservations, and was placed into a Park Suite.

The hallways of the hotel seem somewhat tired and dated.

Upon entering the room, there is a half bathroom to the right. There is a large sink with the toilet oddly placed behind a wall.

An illy coffee maker is to the right of the entryway, with plenty of coffee capsules available.

The living room includes a sofa, lounge chair, desk, coffee table and flat screen TV. The room feels somewhat cramped due to the amount of furniture.

I also had a surprise waiting for me after entering the room, as I heard someone else inside of the room. At first, I thought I had been given a room in which another guest occupied, however the person in the room was the housekeeping supervisor who was doing a last minute check of the room. She was very friendly, and offered several bottles of water.

There is a door that separates the bedroom from the living room, which is great from reducing light and noise.

The bedroom is somewhat small with limited space to negotiate around the bed. The bed is comfortable however.

The master bathroom contains a sink with almost no counter space.

There is a shower/tub combo that looks very dated.

The closet is oddly located inside of the bathroom, and one can walk through the closet and exit through another door and end up at the front door.

I had requested a room with a view of the CN Tower which was granted. The view from the room is spectacular. The room of the Royal Ontario Museum across the street can be seen.

Breakfast is served in the Annona restaurant. There is no option for a buffet, and is menu only. The menu is somewhat limited, but the dishes are high quality with small portions.

I was informed that many professional teams stay at the hotel when in town, which is somewhat surprising. The hotel could use a renovation to give it a fresher and more updated look. Front desk service could also use some improvement based upon my stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheMysteryTraveler
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Gold Passport Member,

I am terribly troubled to read of the way your experience with us began and how underwhelmed you were by your overall stay. This is something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for the opportunities that were missed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like to continue this dialogue, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a one night stay here and what a disappointment. Most of my previous Park Hyatt/Grand Hyatt experiences were in Asia, so maybe I set the bar too high but still.

Asked the concierge to book us the free car service to a restaurant my gf picked for dinner. They drove us to the wrong place, we ended up having to pay more for the cab than if I had just gotten it at the hotel.

In addition, before leaving I asked the concierge where we should go before dinner to grab a drink. They simply said something along the lines of "oh there are tons of bars around the restaurant you are going to, you can just pick one when you get there"

I then asked for recommendations of lounges to go to after dinner. They said that I should go to "XYZ" district, again without picking a specific place.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but if I just want to know which districts have restaurants or bars I can just use google and do it myself. If they can't recommend a place, make reservations, what exactly is their job?

On another note the rooftop bar at this property is very cool. Great city views.

Rooms weren't all that special (for park hyatt standards) but the rates here are reasonable, so you can't expect too much I guess.

Anyway, this is an ok property, and other than the concierge I have no major complaints. I just became used to phenomenal service with the Park Hyatt brand, and this is definitely not the case here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your overall experience during your recent stay with us. I was surprised and equally disappointed to read the notes you shared detailing your interactions with our Concierge and the inconveniences experienced with our Car Service.

I have shared your feedback with the team and will continue to explore this internally. If there are any additional opportunities you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel cos of its great location in the middle of downtown and walking distance from many great places and museums. We checked in late and were greeted very nicely. Room was ready and they valet parked our car. We had breakfast package with our room and the restaurant was great and so was the service. Staff was always there to help and very accommodating in many ways. It was a great stay from all aspects and definitely recommended.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank PapaJeee
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have not stayed often in Toronto. I found the room adequate for the price. The restaurants and bar were quite good overall, but for the prices I would have expected a higher level of quality and choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Had a 1 night visit on the Park Hyatt with my wife to have a break. First iff, this hotel is old. While many areas look nice, they are clearly dated in style and age of furnishings. Probably was top of the line when built, but needs a renovation. Service was generally good, but hit and miss. Check-in was great, room service was great, and we had wonderful service at the rooftop bar (and spectacular views). However, valet was very slow to take the car (and didn't acknowledge our arrival) and the restaurant at breakfast was understaffed. Overall, good value for money, but i wish they would renovate, as it could be so much more given its location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John N
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us.

It is always our hope that when our guests arrive, they feel welcome and are able to enjoy an authentic Park Hyatt Toronto experience. It saddens me to read that your stay was not reflective of the level of service we strive to provide all of our guests and I would like to speak with you further regarding the details you mentioned.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to connecting with you when your schedule allows.

Gail Aihoshi
-Park Hyatt Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was at the Park Hyatt for business and will be returning. The rooms were lovely, spacious and clean. Business meeting rooms were perfect for our needs, and the meals were exceptional. Staff was very helpful, friendly and accommodating.

The location was excellent, in the heart of Yorkville, with many shoppes within short walking distance, and the Royal Ontario Museum was only a five minute walk away,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kerri Q
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us.

It is always wonderful to hear that our guests feel welcomed by our team and are able to enjoy our amenities and the Yorkville neighbourhood during their stay. I am delighted to hear that you will be returning.

Once again, thank you for your note and we look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.