“Unpretentious Luxury in a Great Downtown Location”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Reservations: easily made on line using TripAdvisor.
Check-in: rapid, efficient, and friendly.
Room: large, modern, great beds, high quality linens, Ok towels, fabulous bath products, flat screen TV, expresso maker, very clean, high quality furniture, very quiet.
Parking: expensive but responsive.
Location: close to great shopping, restaurants, Starbucks, and the University of Toronto.
Check-out: fast, efficient, and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, facing downtown. The views are awesome.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I visited Toronto with my girlfriends from August 1-3rd to attend the Caribana parade..Even though the hotel is not close to Lakeside Blvd(location of the parade), we caught the train which is only 2 blocks. The hotel is beautiful and located in the middle of everything. We were in walking distance to many restaurants and shops etc.  The hotel staff was amazing. Everyone was polite, helpful, & resourceful. Immediately after we checked in, the concierge made a reservation for us to go sightseeing on the double decker bus, which also includes a boat tour. ( I highly recommend this hop on/off tour around the city!) The bus stop was also right in front of the hotel which is an added bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Okay, I don't ordinarily gush. And maybe it's because last weekend I stayed in the world's blandest Westin hotel. Years ago I stayed at the Park Hyatt (before it was remodeled), and let's just say I was not exactly excited about my quickie one night trip to Toronto. My first impression was the gigantic smile and cold bottle of water that one of the porters offered me. My next impression was the utter warmth of the front desk guy. But here's the good part... He gave me my key and I dragged my tired self up to my room. Opened the door, and there it was: the world's happiest pink hotel room. Lovely dark wood floors, a gorgeous seating area done in shades of rose and pink, and a king sized, fluffy pink and white bed. Wall treatments varied from a lipstick pink entry to a pale pink and white striped bed area. Accessories were equally impressive: lots of vases, a quirky stool, and lovely Venetian mirrors. I giggled with delight and took pictures. Way to cheer up a business trip! When I checked out, I discovered that I'd been put in the Breast Cancer Awareness room (1031), and that there was also a blue Prostate Cancer Awareness room. I have no idea what the rest of the hotel rooms look like, but this was a knockout. As was the service. A total joy.

Room Tip: Bed borrow and steal to get 1031. Or the Prostate Cancer Awareness room, which I'm sure is the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had four nights at the Park Hyatt and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our Deluxe room was very well fitted and spacious, the bed was comfortable and the view over a residential road meant that we had little traffic noise. Except for rather grumpy in room service, the staff was very helpful and friendly.
The restaurant is excellent and unusually for North America, it has low cholesterol and gluten free breakfast options.
Our only criticism of the Hyatts is that the air conditioning in the public rooms is so cold.

Room Tip: Our room 623 was on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We chose this hotel based on the reviews we read about the experience of others. They were spot on. The location is great for sightseeing in Toronto. We were right on a stop of the Sightseeing Toronto Hop On/Hop Off bus (highly recommended) and the subway. The check-in process was fine and as expected, we had a room that was tired and in need of an update. I am not a fan of "old world elegance" and this room could be described that way, with furniture and appointments from times past. Still, it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

We had breakfast twice in the hotel restaurant and although we expected prices on the high side, here is what to expect...eggs benedict with a small bowl of berries and a glass of orange juice plus an egg white omelet with a cup of coffee (nothing accompanied it) for $60 with tax and tip. We moved our breakfast business across the street to Starbucks and had a similar breakfast for $22, except for our last day when we were in a hurry and had to return to the overly priced breakfast.

The highlight of the hotel is the concierge service. They are on duty virtually all day and night and they are great. Never a line to wait in and their advice was invaluable. Shane was the most helpful of all. Another highlight is the rooftop bar. The view of the city is excellent and the drinks, while also expensive, are well prepared.

But just as the other reviews mentioned, housekeeping is lacking. We had turn down service two of the four nights we were there. It was not because we had the privacy tag on our door, as we made a point of not using it to see if they would come by even if we were in the room around dinner time. Twice they did and twice they didn't. And, by chance, a candy wrapper was left on a table that is adjacent to the elevator on our floor. That wrapper sat there for more than two full days before it was removed. Since we read other reviews that describe the exact same problems and since we have seen hotel management respond to those comments on Trip Advisor, this tells us they just must not care. They know about it and do nothing to improve it.

We would return to this hotel if we return to Toronto, but we would also consider other nearby hotels we found during this visit.

Room Tip: Since we were in the older tower and the smaller tower and our room was in need of a makeover, I rec...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here at the Park Hyatt for 5 nights this summer for a vacation and were not disappointed. While reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor I was a little worried that the hotel was a bit worn down etc. but our room on the north side was perfectly fine. It was elegant with a good amount of space for the two of us. This is my first time staying at a Park Hyatt but was impressed with the attentive and responsive service (front desk, concierge and housekeeping) that one would expect from the brand. I really enjoyed the Le Labo toiletries, Illy coffee maker and love a good bathrobe.

The location is excellent. Right across the street from the ROM, Gardiner Museum, Yorkville, two TTC stops, shopping on Bloor, a block away from an Equinox Gym ($20-ish a day for Hyatt Guests) and Whole Foods.

We didn't try out the restaurants, but did check out the Roof bar and managed to grab a table outside. Amazing view. We saw a thunderstorm in the distance. The crowd was mostly suits having an afterwork business drink. Something that I haven't seen at other hotel bars is that they have a cigar menu. I'm not a cigar connoisseur, but an interesting observation. If you do not like the smell/smoke of cigars, you might want to sit inside.

We took a peak at the spa which looked lovely but didn't end up using the facilities. I did use the gym which was ok for some quick cardio, but if you want something a little more intense. I would suggest going over to the Equinox gym a block away for a real gym with more than just free weights.

I think the best experience was the house car. We were leaving by train in the morning and I booked the complimentary 5km house car to take us to the train station. Very convenient.

All in all, an amazing stay and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It warms my heart to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and found our associates attentive. It is always our hope that we exceed our guests expectations and that they leave feeling well cared for.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto, we hope to be your hotel of choice.

Best Regards,
-Gail Aihoshi
Executive Offices

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed as a family of 3 for 4 nights in early august. The hotel's location is excellent with Yorkville and museums right on your doorstep. Very competent concierge service and efficient staff allround. Other comments on hotel being run down probably overdo it - it is not an ultra modern and sleek hotel, but everything works and soundproofing in the rooms is better than many recent 5 stars. Only negative is as Canadians now copying US ridiculously low AC temperatures in common areas including the restaurant you might need to bring a sweater to breakfast!

Room Tip: as for a room not giving on 3 avenue road
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your family vacation and you were well assisted by our Park Hyatt Toronto family. Please accept my apologies for the discomfort you experienced as a result of our air-conditioning. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

Thank you for making us a part of your special family memories. We hope to welcome you back for your next vacation.

Best Regards,