“Style & Class In the heart of Toronto”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Park Hyatt Toronto
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Aloha,
I must say that being in the hotel business, I have the opportunity to stay in many wonderful locations. The Park Hyatt was a step above. The service was wonderful at all times (valet, bell, concierge, front desk, F&B staff, housekeeping, etc.). Even though the hotel was a full occupancy the entire staff had a helpful smile and genuine interest in me as a guest.

The rooms were wonderful, comfortable, relaxing and yet able to get work done. The showers were great for a bigger/taller persson such as myself. The shoeshine is a very nice touch and needed while on the road.

Mahalo to all the wonderful staff at the Park Hyatt!!
John

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 September 2010

This hotel is near a subway stop and what I am told is the nicest part of the city. I have been here for a couple of days now and one big plus is that the Royal Ontario Museum is right next door as is a great musical instrument store and a lot of nice restaurants. They have a bar at the top of the south tower that has a great view of the city. They have a free car service but I think it's only available in the evenings. There is a spa but no pool. The rooms are big...decent but not immaculate. My room hada a hold in the wall- it is between the size of a nickel and a quarter- not all the way through but I point it out in that the place could maybe use some touch ups. The food was really good for breakfast room service. Their orange juice is excellent- hand squeezed.

Wireless high speed internet is free here which is nice. Small gift shop. Good concierge service but they were overworked. The beds were ok but the mattresses a little firm for my liking- not quite as bad as Hilton though. Not sure what is up with hotels taking your sheets away. Except for the first night I have only had a comforter. Hilton seems to do this in Europe too and I am not sure why. Also they only left a breakfast room service door knob menu on the first night which is common at hotels it seems like.

Overall decent. Try to get a good deal... not the St. Regis but not bad either.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cartman1968
Reviewed 22 September 2010

My girlfriend and I travel and stay in hotels a fair bit. We have sampled some great hotels and some pretty bad ones. The Hyatt Park hotel in Toronto surpassed our expectations. We arrived on Saturday afternoon for a 1 night stay. Our purpose in Toronto was a shopping trip to Yorkville. We pull up and are greeted by the very friendly valet who had our luggage out and carted towards the front desk before I knew what happened. My vehicle disappeared as we were ushered inside. The front desk clerk (cannot remember her name - wish I had! She was awesome), was polite and friendly. We were efficiently checked in and whisked into the elevator by the luggage handler who on our ride up to the 10th floor informed us of all the "going on's" in Toronto. Advising us on a number of restaurants and bars/clubs close by that might be of interest to us. Again, super friendly and none imposing what so ever. Our room was bright and clean. The view was exceptional. Minutes into our room the concierge calls and asks if we would like to make a reservation at a couple of choice restaurants we had been discussing with the bellhop. It being Saturday night and assuming that we would not be able to get in anywhere I took up his offer when he stated he would "take care of it". Within minutes we had a reservation. We were offered a ride to the restaurant in the Hotel car which was waiting for us right outside the main entrance. This is just an example of how the staff took care of us both Saturday and Sunday. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel and its incredible staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny2X
Reviewed 19 September 2010

My travel companion and I arrived late at night, hoping to make the best out of an involuntary overnight stay in Toronto following a delayed transatlantic flight with missed connections and several rebookings on a complex itinerary. Looking forward to immersing ourselves in a pleasurable Park Hyatt experience, we were greeted rather brusquely at check-in. When presenting my GP Platinum card, the check-in clerk curtly lectured me that my details were already in their system and demanded to be handed my credit card instead (rather than politely asking for it) - not quite the expected status recognition!

Room was similarly sub-par. No evidence of Hyatt's "best available room within category booked"-policy for Platinum members: We were assigned a 2nd floor room with awful "views" (and sounds) of the adjacent ventilation shafts, despite my preference for high floors (which was also in their system). This is a large property and it was certainly not busy at the time of our stay; nor were we booked on some heavily discounted rate or indeed the lowest room category.

Our room was spotless and fairly large, which was a plus. Decor felt more nineties than timeless. Wall sockets were inconveniently located for laptop use. Closet door was broken, bathroom door did not lock. Water pressure was insufficient. I did enjoy the (non-complimentary) jar of chocolate-coated almonds.

We could (and should) have asked to be moved, but arriving tired late at night we did not bother; and in any case ought not to have been put in such a position in the first place.

Only by chance did we learn of the complimentary shuttle service, shortly before departure. When we tried to use it after check-out, we were told that it was not available at that time of day. Had we been informed about this at check-in, we might have been able to time our check-out differently, or otherwise make use of the shuttle during our stay.

It did feel like a potentially excellent hotel. Had we encountered a friendlier welcome and a different room, we would certainly have enjoyed our stay. Being treated as we were, we did not.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sanine
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The hotel is at a good position beside the Bloor road restaurants. the rooms are small but adequate. The top covering peak bar that is highly suggested by other ones verified a bit frustrating, the outlook is not that large, furthermore stay inside as it can get breezy outside. I registered thru Expedia as a pre-paid exceptional, and I was not adept to get a acknowledgment from the Hotel to assertion VAT refund, that is not the hotel's obvious error but just hold that in mind.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2010

this is a fab hotel. a few things. it is quite central. despite it's location in central Toronto, it is quiet. the hotel staff are lovely and if the weather is hospitable, the rooftop bar is lovely. There is also a lovely spa. The room is comfortable. Nothing amazing but really a good solid hotel. The other really lovely added touch is there is a hotel car that will take you within 5 kilometers of the hotel for free. It's underused, but a lovely touch. A definite pick if you are in Toronto.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CavKA
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Just returned from 2 nights at this hotel. Lobby is stuffy and uninviting. Front desk staff and all employees I encountered were very friendly. Had a room on the 12th floor in the north tower with 2 queen beds. Room was VERY clean and nice. Large size room with flat screen TV. View of Avenue Rd. and Bloor from window.

Likes: Dave Graves toiletries, large soaker tub and large bathroom, free wi-fi with strong connection, comfy enough bed, a few blocks from a Whole Foods Market

Dislikes: no coffee maker, ice bucket in room but no ice machines in hotel - must call room service & who wants to tip for ice?!?, can hear lots of street noise, hotel restaurant too expensive with limited menu, most of the surrounding area was high-end retail and I just wanted a place to get a bottle of water!, parking situation

Hotel site claims self-parking is $38 CAN. You have to park across the way on Cumberland St. at the Four Seasons - where the sign claims that the $38 fee is for overnight parking and that there is an additional daily max - which means it costs more than $38 to park there! Fortunately, there are 2 other garages on Cumberland. The 2nd one is cheaper - I parked there for a grand total of $63 CAN for a two night stay.

For cheap coffee, there is a Tim Horton's nearby on Bloor just a few blocks to the west. And the coffee at the Whole Foods Market isn't bad either.

Next time, I think I'll stay at the Yorkville Marriott on Bloor near Yonge St, because there were a lot of nice priced restaurants and some markets on Yonge. Plus a subway stop is right under that hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple