“Definitely a top-notch hotel”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Park Hyatt Toronto
Ranked #18 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Stayed here March 4th 2011.

Would definitely be one of the top hotels in Toronto.

Rooms were a good size & very old-style elegant yet modern (recently redone, maybe?). We were in the North Tower, which apparently has slightly bigger rooms. Bed was fantastic - a great sleep.

Staff were exceptional.

A medium-sized workout room with everything you'd need. It's attached to the spa, which looks to be just amazing.

Location was great. Close to the Museum, high-end shopping (if that's what you want - we didn't shop, though), and a whole lot of little 'bistro' type restaurants that were really good (had a great lunch at Joe Badali's).

Hotel had a very nice up-scale bar on the 18th floor. Small & elegant.

If you're looking for a romantic weekend getaway, or just a 5 star hotel, this is your choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Beautiful room...I was upgraded to a King Deluxe. Service was friendly with the exception of one concierge who was not very interested in giving us restaurant suggestions when we did not want her original choice of Japanese food. The front desk staff was great, as was everyone else I encountered.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2011

This was our first time staying at the Hyatt, we did an 'in-town' getaway weekend. The staff at the hotel were so focussed on ensuring we had what we needed and were polite and helpful at all times.

Would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Toronto. Nothing but positives to say about the experience

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2011

we stayed here for long weekend because of an engagement party that was in the hotels rooftop lounge and i must say the weekend was wonderful at this hotel. first off from the check in clerk to the maids , everyone was very nice and always looking to help. the room was very spacious and clean. it had a nice elegant decor yet still incorporated current technology with a 42" plasma and ihome ipod player. we spent a day at the spa and the massages we had were great. although there is no pool area the spa allows you to use the steam room / Jacuzzi/ sauna ect at no cost even if you do not have and paid service done there. location is good next to all the high end shops on bloor st. and the lastly the party at the rooftop lounge was beautifully done. food and service were great, and the ambiance was top notch with a wonderful view of the city and an outdoor balcony to escape from the music to enjoy a quiet cigarette with our drinks. all in all the hotel was super and probably the best value for a higher end hotel in the bloor street area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Slept like a baby, did not want to wake up in that lovely bed, almost as great as the Heavenly bed. Service is superb and lots of staff to check in & out. Unlike some hotels where I never understand @ midday, only have 2 people on when they know lots of people check out, I had 3 people calling me, can I help you here, great! Location is superb indeed. Now:

Check in entrance is bizare but thanks to the doorman who tells you to enter here!
Curtain in the room was so dirty you can see the dirt on it. But it appears it comes from the very noisy heating unit that makes way too much noice even when you dont have the fan on!
If you are staying in the nborth tower - madness of an elevator!!! 3 elevators and the room service and cleaning people use one too. It takes forever to arrive - awful!
If you ar ein the SOUTH tower, 2 elevators, nightmare!!!
Nice big TV but quality of picture is awful- get HD. And the converters look so dirty I washed my hands after touching them always. Too many numbers missing too!

One thing though...should you have any issues, they will certainly fix in a very good time!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I am generally not one to stay at the Hyatt chain of hotels, simply because it is too much money to spend for one night's accomodations, however, my clients treated me (royally) to this hotel the night before an important meeting in downtown Toronto.

I expected the hotel to be top notch, like the Sofitel chain, or better, and I was not to be disappointed.

This is the hotel where undoubtedly many of the rich, famous & powerful have stayed, whether it is for business reasons, or the Toronto Film Festival. Is the hotel pretentious and expensive? Well of course it is!

But for the well-heeled (as opposed to the budget concious traveller like most average people) this hotel is probably "run of the mill". By saying that I am not knocking the hotel one bit. The north tower is particularly well-adorned with wood, marble and the like, not to mention chandliers and superior art work likely worth more than my car! The hotel lacks a pool but apparently has a world class spa, Stillwater, which unfortunately I had no time or an extra $300 to indulge in. (Check it out on the web, the spa looks amazing...)

My room was a one bedroom suite with a separate dining room/living area in an adjacent room. I don't exactly know the price, but I suspect it was in the $400 plus range. Each "room" had a full bath, a sitting area and large screen LG LCD TV of approximately 42 inches in diameter (My guess). Yes, did I mention I had TWO large screen TV's! The room was suitably appointed, and the massive King Size bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, perhaps with the exception of my own.

In other words, no complaints or concerns about the "ginormous" gorgeously appointed room, and especially about the service - from the concierge to the bell hops.

My clients and I had dinner at the Annona restaurant situate inside the hotel - both on the night of our arrival and indeed, on the following night. On both nights I had Scallop based dishes, the first of which was salad based, and both of which were very tasty indeed. In fact, the scallops had to be the LARGEST scallops I had ever seen or been served in any restaurant ever. They were cooked to near perfection, and could be cut like "butter" with no dryness or sense or being overcooked.

My company and I drank white wine (Penfold's Chardonnay) and local beer with our meals, all of which suited our dinners to a tee. The only disappointment with the meals was the "chip like" bread served with the meals, and also the regular bread and "dips". I can't even really describe it, but I have had better tasting and softer bread, AND fresh baked at far lesser restaurants - even East Side Marios!

However, all other aspects of the meal were superb, so don't get me wrong. Annona is a very nice restaurant, including the decore and the service was very very good.

At the conclusion of the meals (and my stay) I didn't get a chance to see the bills, but I was very grateful to my hosts for the opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel in a swanky part of Toronto I don't normally partake in. I have stayed at the Westin, the Royal York, the Sheraton, the Best Western, and Sutton Place in Toronto, but this property easily tops the list!

I doubt I will ever return to this hotel (unless I win the lottery) but if you are looking for a high quality meal/dinner, and superior overnight accomodations you won't be disappointed in the Park Hyatt.

Impeccable indeed!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Enjoyed our overnight stay at this elegant hotel. Service was very good and check in was efficient. Also loved the spa, very relaxing. We got a great view of the CN tower from our room. Hotel is in Yorkville area, checked out nearby restaurants and museum across the street.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple