“Great location!”

Ranked #70 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great location!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed in this location for our 9th anniversary. It is in a great location, just blocks from Dundas Square and the Eaton Center. I thought the breakfast was good. The breakfast area was very, very crowded, but that's not the hotel's fault. The rooms seemed recently updated and were really nice. The grounds were nice and the neighborhood felt safe. The hotel staff were more than accommodating. I would most definately stay here again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is a proud moment for us when a guest writes a great review and even better when they can end the review with a comment like “I would stay there again”. Thank you again for this. Our complimentary breakfast buffet is a nice bonus and constantly evolving to better appease our guest’s breakfast request, with new items being added from time to time. Thank you once again and we hope to be able to host your next visit to our fair city.
Tariq Azad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 31 October 2013

For the location and price, I would definitely stay here again. My room was clean and comfortable, but also right above the Fox and Fiddle--a pub that shares the building. It was loud until 2:00 a.m. every night. If I do stay here again I will request a room on a higher floor. There was one major issue on the last night of my stay. A college sports team was spending the night on the same floor and were being unreasonably loud (running in the halls, shouting, slamming doors) from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m., when the police finally escorted them out. I complained three times, and each time an employee came up and told them to stop. Of course they stopped for a few minutes and resumed as soon as the employee was gone. Finally on the third attempt a confrontation between the employee and partiers occurred and the police were called. When I checked out they apologized profusely and offered me half off my last night and free parking. It wasn't their fault, and I really appreciated how they handled it.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to avoid pub music keeping you up.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review regarding the experiences you've had during your stay. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback. . We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was very pleased that my room was available for an early check in. The front desk staff left me an in room message wishing me a great stay and that I was welcome to them should I need anything to make my stay more comfortable. The staff were very friendly.
Good breakfast with healthy choices.
Excellent proximity to shopping, only a quick walk to the Eaton Centre.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Thank you so much for your really great review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. I will sure to share your comments, with my guest services team. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Pros:
Location - Its location made it a convenient walk to most of the common tourist places.
Staff - Professional and courteous.
Breakfast - Unlike other reviewers, we did not think it was bad. The basics were covered; eggs, meat, carbs, beverages.

Cons:
Air conditioning - Did not work; not the first one or the replacement unit. Room was sweltering and stifling.
Bed - Some may like a soft, squishy bed. Not us. Horrid.
Pillows - The worst. My husband described them as cases filled with lumps. It was an accurate description.

We stayed three nights and each night was a horrible sleeping experience with the temperature and the bedding. These are the reasons our rating is a poor instead of an average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. These reviews are used as a training tool to help us to better accommodate our guests and ensure that we are doing all that we are able to do to so that all of our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is located in front of a park at walking distance to the financial district and very close to a metro station. I picked this hotel for the Scotia Toronto Waterfront Marathon; it was less than 15 minute walk to the starting line which was the most positive point to reserve back this hotel. The room on the 14th floor was very old but clean. I was very disappointed by the breakfast which was under the holiday inn standard that I know. Quality of the food, choice and the setup wasn’t the best that I’m used to. I recommend this hotel if is very close to what you want to see and if the price is low, we have so many possibility in this area. Very noisy (close to hospital)

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I want to personally apologize for your disappointment with our breakfast. We will take the necessary steps to ensure the issues highlighted are addressed. Once again thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again when you get the chance to visit our fair city.
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

One word to describe this hotel is "miserable" the walls are so thin I could hear EVERYTHING outside my door. To top it off the air conditioning works for 3 minutes and shuts of. We slept in a noisy oven. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. #sleepyintoronto

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YoYoManDTW
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We want our guests to have the best experience possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry if that was not the case during your visit. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback which can only serve to make us better. Truly sorry if your experience was less than expected and hopefully you may give us another chance in the future.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very nice welcome from Ron.

Room clean and very presentable, only disappointment was the breakfast. Paper plates and bowls, plastic cutlery, which was not very sturdy, complete self service, fresh fruit only consisted of bananas, plenty of sausage items and either omelette or scrambled egg on alternate days, vast majority of food available was bread and flour made items such as buns, etc. One lady replenishing breakfast bar who was not very sociable, no smiles at all and no greetings. This felt more like a work canteen, rather than a hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are pleased with their accommodation while staying with us. We are sorry that the breakfast seemed somewhat not to your satisfaction. We will take the necessary steps to ensure the issues highlighted are addressed. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you again and reinstate your confidence with us.