“Great location”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
Ranked #71 of 134 Hotels in Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at this hotel for a long weekend trip to Toronto. The hotel was in an excellent location in the old town area of downtown Toronto steps from St. James cathedral, St. James park, St. Lawrence market, a movie theater, restaurants, cafes and more. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had an excellent view from our corner room of the CN tower and downtown, St. James park and the port skyline against the water. The hotel is near a tram station and walkable to major attractions, lots of restaurants and shopping. We also walked to the historic Distillery District, which was our favorite discovery. The room was a great value for the price. The hotel is also serviced via the Toronto airport express, which provides reasonable rates to the airport. We would stay here again and recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It is a proud moment for us when a guest writes a great review and even better when they can end the review with a comment like “We would stay there again”. Our location is great and close to much of what Toronto has to offer and close enough to the transit system to be able to get you anywhere without the stress of city driving. Once again thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Hopefully we will be able to host your next visit to Toronto.
AGM
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This is a pleasant well-located hotel near the old town and the financial district. Rooms were clean, free breakfast was good quality and the staff were really friendly. We walked to the CN Tower from here in about 20 minutes. The area around the hotel have abundant good quality restaurants and cafés.

Stayed November 2013
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. I will sure to share your comments, with my guest services team. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Shelburne
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights on Nov. 8 for a weekend getaway. The hotel is in a good location. We were able to walk to the theatre and see Les Miz and enjoyed just walking around the downtown, seeing the christmas windows. We had easy check-in and check-out. Good clean room. Hall carpet was somewhat dingy. No problem getting elevator. Easy access to $20 parking. Breakfast was quite good. We would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. . I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my friend on the weekend of November 8th - 10th. The hotel is in a great location, close to all the main attractions. Room was lovely, comfy beds, decent sized bathroom and good tv. The free breakfast provided has a good variety.

The only problem we had was after checking in and giving my card details, I discovered that they had charged me almost $150 more than the price I had booked it at. I proceed to the front desk to ask why this was, to be informed by the staff on duty that the money was taken out to cover incidentals. I had not been informed of this when I had checked in and was lucky I had enough money to cover the extra cost and the rest of my weekend. Also when checking out the original booking price had risen by $50 due to high tax in Canada.

I am aware this is not detrimental to the quality of my stay at the hotel but I feel we should of been informed of this from the beginning and would just like others to know incase the same thing happens to them.

Overall a fantastic hotel and trip to Toronto, definitely a city worth visiting!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank aupair123
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are pleased with their accommodation while staying with us. I am sorry for the confusion about our check-in policy for supplying a deposit. Usually, hotels do put pre-authorization checks on credit card in the case of damage upon check-in. This amount can be anywhere from $1-$150 (in my experience) because they only want to check if there's available credit to charge your card in the case of any damage or additional charges (eg. late check-out, mini bar in discrepancies, etc). If no credit card is available, then a cash security deposit is required and will be refunded upon check out. We hope this explanation will help and hope to see you again in the very near future.
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at this Hotel after ready the reviews in Trip Advisor. Outstanding value for downtown Toronto, Pleasant and helpful staff, easy parking, clean room. It's nice when inexpensive does not mean a comprise is service. Will be saying hear again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Thank you so much for your really great review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Bermuda
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here twice in one week, at the start of our trip and at the end. Clean rooms, friendly staff and in a good location for the shops, bars and restaurants. Onsite parking with a charge. Nothing bad to be said.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends