“Great location”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
Ranked #70 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights while visiting my son who is studying in Toronto. The location is excellent, and within walking distance of all of the main attractions.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. A particular mention to Ravish on check in who went out of his way to welcome us to the hotel, point out the main attractions, and recommend nearby places to eat. A personal and friendly reception that you don't always get at chain hotels.

The rooms were fine - pretty standard hotel rooms, with good free wifi.

The only reason I haven't given a "5" rating is that the breakfast was really only average. The advertised cooked breakfast was in fact pretty limited, with just bacon and scrambled egg. OK, but not outstanding.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank simon t
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your great review! We have shared it with our team at the Hotel. It's very much appreciated that you took the time and effort to mention the name of our wonderful Associate. Amazing customer service is what all of our staff strive to give to each and everyone of our guests and we hear so many great comments about the things that they have done, but we never get tired of hearing more.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again when you get the chance to visit our fair city.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Very clean room, friendly and helpful reception staff, modest breakfast with cramped facilities, free internet -- is insufficiently slow - needed to pay for higher rate, long wait in mornings for lifts.... but alltogether a good stay and a recommendation

Room Tip: stay away from elevators
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adi_Teu
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience. Thank you for the kind words about my staff. I have shared your concern regarding internet with our IT support team and will take the necessary action. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback which can only serve to make us better and we look forward to seeing again when you get the chance to visit our fair city.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Susan F
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at this hotel for a long weekend trip to Toronto. The hotel was in an excellent location in the old town area of downtown Toronto steps from St. James cathedral, St. James park, St. Lawrence market, a movie theater, restaurants, cafes and more. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had an excellent view from our corner room of the CN tower and downtown, St. James park and the port skyline against the water. The hotel is near a tram station and walkable to major attractions, lots of restaurants and shopping. We also walked to the historic Distillery District, which was our favorite discovery. The room was a great value for the price. The hotel is also serviced via the Toronto airport express, which provides reasonable rates to the airport. We would stay here again and recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
It is a proud moment for us when a guest writes a great review and even better when they can end the review with a comment like “We would stay there again”. Our location is great and close to much of what Toronto has to offer and close enough to the transit system to be able to get you anywhere without the stress of city driving. Once again thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Hopefully we will be able to host your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This is a pleasant well-located hotel near the old town and the financial district. Rooms were clean, free breakfast was good quality and the staff were really friendly. We walked to the CN Tower from here in about 20 minutes. The area around the hotel have abundant good quality restaurants and cafés.

Stayed: November 2013
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. I will sure to share your comments, with my guest services team. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights on Nov. 8 for a weekend getaway. The hotel is in a good location. We were able to walk to the theatre and see Les Miz and enjoyed just walking around the downtown, seeing the christmas windows. We had easy check-in and check-out. Good clean room. Hall carpet was somewhat dingy. No problem getting elevator. Easy access to $20 parking. Breakfast was quite good. We would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. . I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my friend on the weekend of November 8th - 10th. The hotel is in a great location, close to all the main attractions. Room was lovely, comfy beds, decent sized bathroom and good tv. The free breakfast provided has a good variety.

The only problem we had was after checking in and giving my card details, I discovered that they had charged me almost $150 more than the price I had booked it at. I proceed to the front desk to ask why this was, to be informed by the staff on duty that the money was taken out to cover incidentals. I had not been informed of this when I had checked in and was lucky I had enough money to cover the extra cost and the rest of my weekend. Also when checking out the original booking price had risen by $50 due to high tax in Canada.

I am aware this is not detrimental to the quality of my stay at the hotel but I feel we should of been informed of this from the beginning and would just like others to know incase the same thing happens to them.

Overall a fantastic hotel and trip to Toronto, definitely a city worth visiting!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank aupair123

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are pleased with their accommodation while staying with us. I am sorry for the confusion about our check-in policy for supplying a deposit. Usually, hotels do put pre-authorization checks on credit card in the case of damage upon check-in. This amount can be anywhere from $1-$150 (in my experience) because they only want to check if there's available credit to charge your card in the case of any damage or additional charges (eg. late check-out, mini bar in discrepancies, etc). If no credit card is available, then a cash security deposit is required and will be refunded upon check out. We hope this explanation will help and hope to see you again in the very near future.