“Excellent location, clean rooms, nice breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
Ranked #72 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Excellent location, clean rooms, nice breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We went to the Esplanade, Eaton center, Air Canada center, CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, distillery district, all of them within 20 mins walking distance if you're a fast walker. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room was a corner room on the 12th floor. You sometimes hear people at the ice machine outside the door but it wasn't a problem for us. One weird thing we noticed about the room was the walkway between the end of the bed and the TV shelf was quite small due to the large shelf. Also there wasn't much of a view outside the window. All in all, we liked the hotel very much because of its superb location. The staff were friendly too and gave us advice on where to go to the first night and the breakfast is good and plentiful.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hlin32
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
The Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown hotel thanks for leaving such a glowing review of our property. We pride ourselves on our associates’ ability to offer individual attention to each of our guests and make their stay an experience to remember. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the futures.
Tariq Azad.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Another good Hotel, quiet and a excellent Buffet Breakfast. One bad comment is that the Heating System in the room is very noisy (fan). At this time of year you need Heat in the room.
Should also have a Kettle in the room along with the Coffee machine.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Homer54
Dear Guest,
Thank you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We have noted your comments about the heating system, and we are sorry your encountered issues during your stay. My engineering team has addressed the Heating unit, and will continue to monitor this and others to ensure they are performing at their best when we need them most winter in Toronto.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again when you get the chance to visit our fair city.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for New Years Eve. We wanted a hotel close to Massey Hall (where we were seeing a comedy show) and to this specific area's restaurants/pubs. This hotel satisfied that need at a really reasonable price.

The room was comfortable and clean. It does need some sprucing up but I'm sure that they'll do that in good time. The wifi was very slow, but at least it was included. The underground on-site parking was convenient, although we got there in early afternoon. The lot filled up by dinner time (could be due to the night though). We were on a schedule the next morning so we didn't try the included breakfast.

There were a lot of young kids celebrating New Years. The hotel did a good job trying to prevent them from disturbing the other guests (you had to sign a no partying sheet lol). You could still hear yelling etc. but it didn't bother us too much (it's a special night really and we understand that). Except around 3am I heard knocking at my door...nobody was there. I said hello and a security guard popped out of the hallway and asked if I was ok. I told him what just happened and he asked if I was alone (?). I told him no, my husband and I have been sleeping since just after midnight. It was weird. Not sure if he thought I was making noise, causing trouble or checking to see if I was indeed ok lol. All in all, no harm done.

We will definitely return if we are frequenting the area again and want an economical stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wildgrover
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. I will sure to share your comments, with my guest services team. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Bowling Green, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you're driving from the west it's easy to get off the expressway and travel just a couple of blocks into the city to find this hotel. The location is especially good if you like to avoid much city driving. It is also nice that you can pull your car off the city street into a courtyard for check-in before parking in the hotel's parking garage whose entrance is located in the same courtyard. The room was clean and comfortable although the wallpaper in the bathroom was a bit worn. We were there on the last two nights of 2013. Unfortunately on New Year's Eve we were awoken several times through the night by noisy guests, which obviously is not the hotel's fault. (I just wish that people wouldn't talk so loudly and slam doors in the middle of the night when they're guests in hotels. People, PEOPLE...) All-in-all it was a good stay and I would stay there again if I were traveling to Toronto by car.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark M
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. The best compliment that we can possible receive is that our guests can say that they would recommend us to other traveler. Thank you again for this.
Our location is such that you are within a short distance to the many great venues that Toronto has to offer and close enough to the subway system to get you to the other spots.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about us and I would like to personally welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown for any of your future visits to our fair city.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here after flying into the island airport from Sault Ste. Marie on our way to Cuba the next day. We wanted to stay downtown as we had a full day to kill and it was so convenient to walk to the distillery district, Eaton Center, St. Lawrence Market is only a few steps away. The staff at the front desk were very helpful in getting us a nice limo to Pearson the next day. The breakfast was great and is so nice to be included. Nice clean room, no complaints at all and will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Siko
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great location in downtown Toronto close to all major attractions either by walking, a short cab ride or the subway is also accessible close by. Front desk staff were quite good and very friendly. Parking is underground and only suitable for smaller cars etc, (also an additional $20 per day). The room we were in was far too small for the four of us - only two double beds and no room for a cot (due to fire regulations we were told). I would book a bigger room next time. It is an older hotel as mentioned by other reviewers but well kept and clean. The breakfast area was very crowded but ample room for seating if you go across the hall. The food seems to be a standard HIE fare, but I wish they would change up the type of eggs and bacon the offer. It is a pre processed type and throughout the year I have stayed at different locations of this brand and the food borders on acceptable to almost inedible. I think it depends on how long it has been sitting out for. This locations eggs and bacon wasn't great but ok. They offer other types of continental style food so you can skip this option and have cereal or fruit etc.. I would likely stay here again under other circumstances.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CanadianFlatlander
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review. I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience. Thank you for the kind words about my staff. I was glad your overall experience was enjoyable and found our services to be helpful and useful. You are right the location of the hotel is truly a gem as we are close to so much of what Toronto has to offer, not to mention the subway system another of Toronto’s Public Transit System.
AGM
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've stayed twice for rock concerts in the last two years and both times I've had great experiences. This place is walking distance from the Eaton center, which we loved. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean, there were no issues with noise at all.
Breakfast has always been nice. Love the sausages and the juice.
Whenever I'm in Toronto for a show, I go here!
GLENN DANZIG TOUCHED MY HANDS AT THE SHOW IN AUGUST 2013!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 27 December 2013