“Nice place to stay in Toronto”

Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
Ranked #79 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed there on a business trip earlier this month for two days. It's close to everything yet not really downtown, so you can avoid all the traffic problems. I stayed on the 6th floor near the street and got great Wi-Fi. Parking is convenient right under the hotel but it is expensive. My room was small but very clean. I think it's a great value and will stay there on my next trip in December.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Drew K,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The parking rate we offer may seem expensive, but it is one of the cheapest in the downtown area.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you in December!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I chose this hotel only because it is close to U of T. The hotel staff are helpful, especially Mary, a very helpful lady. The hotel is relatively clean but NOT every room is renovated or has a work station. When I asked to change a room due to the TV will turn off by itself, I found out that some rooms do not have a desk to work on, or some rooms are very old and run down that definitely need renovation (I wrote this in respond to tgd721's comment). It ended up I still kept the 5th floor room because it was renovated and have a work station that I can work.

The cleaning staff do work casually, for example, just throw shampoo, conditioner and soap on the counter, instead of having them stand and line up nicely in the right place. This was the first time I saw people did things so casually in a hotel. Other hotels will put things nicely every day.

The location of the hotel is unbeatable if you have business to do with U of T. It is close to a lot of places, especially high end shopping because it is on the Bloor Street. If you wonder if it is safe to go back to hotel at 11:30 pm, I can tell you there are still people, especially students around in the area so I feel safe.

The hotel does not have a gym or swimming pool by itself and it is only a three star hotel, but charging for more than $150 per night in mid October is too expensive. If you have a car and do not need to be near U of T, you can get a very nice harbor view four star hotel at a cheaper price, so shop around. They must give hotel.com guests worse room because there is no nice view from my window but saw the back street with big garbage collection box.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovation room with desk. Not all the rooms are renovated or have a work station.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sunrose K

Dear Siu K,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that our location was convenient for your stay.

Our housekeeping department does not make a habit of casually putting things in the room. This is definitely not the standard of our hotel and I am sorry that this was the case for your room. In regards to the work stations, all rooms with only one bed have a work station, only in rooms with two beds do we have a table with chairs instead. We do not specifically assign rooms based on how you booked, our hotel is in a busy area surrounded by high rise buildings and our views are limited. On a higher floor in some rooms there is an unobstructed view.

Our rates change depending on occupancy, and we were very busy during October. I would invite you to contact us directly for a reservation on your next visit, we would be more than happy to compare rates of other downtown hotels.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Holiday Inn in Bloor Street is a very nice place to stay and enjoy Toronto. Just in front of the Bata Shoe Museum, it is located very near from the subway station, and at a five minutes walk from the University of Toronto, which is a pleasant place to stroll around. Ask for the 14th floor to enjoy the view of the city at anytime !
The hotel offers everything you can expect : large rooms, free wi-fi, big flat screen, coffee tray and a comfortable bath-room. The staff at the reception was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Marie-Christine G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It would be our pleasure to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline no name thing and got quite a deal. I was pleasantly surprised that room was very well appointed extremely clean with all the amenities and at my request I was given a fridge at no extra charge due to medical condition. It appears that the room was renovated as the bath tub shower was a good size as well as the bathroom as a whole. The bed was consistent with Holiday Inn standard and there was a good size desk where one could catch up with paperwork . I had a very quiet night not being disturbed by other guests nor did I hear noise from outside. Location is near University of Toronto as well as many restuarants, the subway(Metro) There was a small fitness room which I did not use. I think it should be updated but it looked like one could get a vbit of a workout. I appreciated the 2 pc terminals at the lobby with internet/printer at no extra cost as I did not have a laptop. As other reviews have mentioned there are pubs, restaurants etc. It's a great location. Front staff were helpful. I would definately stay here again and highly recommend it. I also was happy that cleaning staff noticed the do not disturb sign and DID NOT knock on the door early to clean as what has been done in other hotels. The cleaning lady was very pleasant and when I checked out I advised the room could be cleaned now for next guest

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper as I am request a room in a higher floor away from elevators and any larg...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Odessafile75,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is great to hear that we lived up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. You have mentioned great aspects of our hotel for future guests. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I didn't have a choice in hotel selection for this trip - a host organization paid for the room. I have to say I was rather leery about staying here because of some of the negative reviews (old, run down, needs renovation, etc.), and was ready to change hotels if I didn't like my room. But I was pleasantly surprised and relieved. My room on the 11th floor was clean, quiet, and spacious, equipped with a tall mini-fridge. Yes, you could see that the hotel was older, but the tub and surround looked fairly new (a bathfitter kind of look), my sheets were clean and smelled fresh, and the pillows were better than average. I was satisfied - this is a solid 3-star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear tgd721,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We love to hear from our guests, especially when they have enjoyed their stay. We work very hard to ensure our guests have a clean and comfortable room to stay in, and we are pleased that you agree. Hopefully on your next trip you will get to take advantage of our great location as well.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Close to University of Toronto makes it a convenient location. Stayed for 10 days. The room was fairly comfortable. Free wi-fi is a great bonus. The pub in the lobby serves some great food though the morning asian staff is not so helpful. Had a great time in the evenings with the Karoke.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear 680Alicat,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you 10 day stay was a success. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

3 night stay here whilst on holiday.
The room was a decent size with a desk and free wifi. Comfortable beds. Clean room and tea/coffee available in the room.
The gym on the 2nd floor was reasonably equipped but the swimming pool is not in the hotel which we hadn't realised when we booked.
There are 2 PCs with printers in the lobby with free internet access which were useful for checking in online for our flight home.
We were on the 9th floor at the side with a view toward Bloor. Convenient for the subway and for the hop on hop off bus, stop 6 or 9 depending which direction you're going. Lots of choice of restaurants nearby.
The hotel is definitely a bit dated but we didnt mind that as it was clean. However we did find the front desk staff unfriendly. A smile wouldn't go amiss when checking people in!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kim-Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the location. I am sorry to hear that our front desk staff was unfriendly during your stay, this is unacceptable. We pride ourselves on our service and would love to hear from you further. Please feel free to contact us at 416-968-0010 or email at cn312@whg.com

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit!