“Functional Hotel, Excellent Location”

Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
Ranked #79 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Previous reviews had described this hotel as functional,more than stylish. After my recent stay, I agree. This ihotel offers the basics.But, it delivers that with excelelnt service, a great value and an excellent location. The rooms are very comfortable,though. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Andrew P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very convenient location near University of Toronto, museums, shopping and subway. Excellent parking at reasonable price. Many university athletic teams use this hotel, but noise was not a problem. A functional, not stylish choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Capegirardeau,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do host a lot of the University teams and visitors, it is great to hear that they are well behaved. Thank you for posting a review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Staffs were very helpful and pleasant.Location was perfect for my wife but not for my wallet.LOL All expensive boutique neaby of the hotel.Gym was fine and the restaurant attach to the hotel was ok (Pub style). Parking available on site $22. TV Channel were good, small fridge, coffee pot and good size desk for my computer. Slept well and I'll go again.

2  Thank Frenchy692013

Dear Frenchy692013,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The boutiques down the street are great to have, but I agree they can definitely do a number to your wallet. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for about the 5th time this year on business, but have stayed in the past on leisure as well. I highly recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues. They always have my IHG rewards package at the desk ready for me. The subway is located right beside the hotel which makes getting around the city painless.
The on site pub is always fast and reliable for food and drinks and is a great place to get out of your room for a little bit.
I'll be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor

Dear 133seasonedtraveller,

Thank you for posting a review and for choosing our hotel when you have to visit the city. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your many stays with us, and we are more than happy to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had high expectations for this hotel because it was located downtown Toronto. Though the location is ideal, I did not feel it was worth the price tag. When I arrived my first room was very dated (typically this isn't something I worry about but it was something straight out of a horror film). I gave the room a chance, but checked the sheets as most do. inside the comforters of both of the double beds in my room were large amounts of black hair - gross! There is no way any housekeeping staff could have overlooked that! When I called the front desk, they swapped my room right away but made me take my luggage back down to the lobby to get the new room key and go back up (I had a lot of stuff). My second room seemed like it belonged in a completely different decade than the other room - white sheets, clean looking, and not so run-down. However, it is clear that the vacuum hadn't seen the edges of the carpet for a very long time because there were layers of dust along the perimeter of the room. I could live with that, seeing as I had clean sheets. I was really disappointed that when the nicer room was available, they booked people into the first room I got. It felt like entering a whole different hotel.

Needless to say it was not worth the rate and the $22 for parking, making it an almost $200 stay for one night. I know it was downtown Toronto, but I got no value for my money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Leanne W,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was not up to par. We do understand the need for updates in our hotel, until then we do try our very best to ensure each room is up to our guests standards. I would be very interested to know which two rooms you were in so that we can investigate the first room. We would appreciate to speak to you further. Please contact us at cn312@whg.com.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed for one night in late October. The hotel itself was in a perfect location for an event that some colleagues and I were attending just a block away. We were able to walk where we needed to go which was helpful since there was a cocktail reception as part of the event and I hate having to make that choice tied to having to drive.

Room itself was not huge but was clean and comfortable with all the amenities I required for a one night stay. Staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. WiFi was free which is nice as so many city hotels require payment.

They have a Fox + Fiddle location attached to the hotel where my colleagues and I stopped for a drink after our event. It wasn't much but it served the purpose. The one comment I would have is that there wasn't a lot of other choices for bars and restaurants in the immediate area but things are close enough that you don't have to work too hard for choice.

I'd definitely stay there again if I had the need to be in that area of Toronto but other than being a typical Holiday Inn location there was nothing particularly remarkable about it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Yesguy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your event. Our hotel is in a great location with a lot of things within walking distance. We are pleased that there are over 150 restaurants under a 10 minute walk.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Perfect location for get around Toronto for business or pleasure. We stayed a Fri/Sat at a group rate of 135, and got some benefits for our Priority Club membership, which is rarely the case. We were up high away from any traffic noise, and the window even opened to let in the fresh air. Breakfast was convenient in the pub attached to the lobby, and underground parking connected directl y to the hotel just rounded out the conveniences we were looking for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripper54

Dear Tripper54,

Thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our location was convenient for what you needed. It always a pleasure to know that a guest has had a good stay. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit!