“Great location, clean.”

Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
Ranked #79 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Have stayed here on several occasions. The location is the best thing about this hotel. The Subway is right next to hotel which makes getting around easy. You can walk east or west on Bloor to Yonge or Spadina, and there's plenty of retail, restaurants, and coffee shops. The front staff are okay, though one guy gives the impression he's better than his position! The cleaning staff are very efficient and polite. The Fox & Fiddle serves pub food - it's pretty average. Kayla the day time waitress is great! The evening waitress looks like she'd rather be someplace else!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StevieMyers
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear StevieMyers,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our location. We are very lucky to have so many great things around our hotel.

I will be taking note of the restaurant comments as they are owned and operated separately and I am sure they would interested.

I invite you to contact us directly in order to speak about your experience with us further. If you would like please contact us at 416-968-0010 or cn312@whg.com.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Give it five stars for location but the restaurant rates only one star and the rooms are a little tired, especially the bathroom with its cracked fiberglass tub enclosure and the grimy top on the toilet tank. My room was otherwise very clean. The king size bed was too hard for my liking but there was a good variety of pillows in various firmness.
The 14th floor room was cold and it didn't seem to matter how high I cranked the thermostat – the temperature never budged. In their defense it was -15 and windy outside, but the hotel heating system couldn't keep up with that.
Housekeeping staff was friendly; front desk staff not so friendly but efficient.
The hotel was about what I would expect in its price range and the location is very convenient to Queen's Park, University of Toronto and the Royal Ontario Museum. Very close to the subway, too.

Room Tip: There are lots of better restaurant options just outside the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 2275Waves

Dear 2275waves,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our location. The building itself is in need of some updates, we are set to begin within the next year.

We are working with the restaurant franchisee to correct some of the problems you may have encountered. In regards to our front desk staff I would be very interested to know more about your stay in order to speak with the correct staff members. We generally have great customer service.

I invite you to contact us directly at 416-968-0010 or cn312@whg.com to speak about this further.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Rotten, dirty and stinky, outdated, terrible greasy food in the restaurant. Rooms small and stinky, carpets dirty, I was scared to step on them. Staff not helpful, not unpleasant but not helpful in any way. I would never stay here again and I would never recommend it. I was scared I would have bugs crawling on me all night. I was so sorry that I had booked in here for two days. The evening waitress was not pleasant either, didn't really seem to care about her customers or her job. The on,y good thing about this hotel was the Thai day waitress named Karla. She was a gem. My advice, find another hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Shelley L
holidayinnbloor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Shelly L,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We have been working with the restaurant franchisee to correct some of the issues that you may have experienced with them during your stay. It was rather unnerving that you viewed the overall hotel this way. As you can see from our other reviews that this is not common feedback. After further investigating your stay I was interested to learn that you had an issue with a hotel policy/procedure. I hope that didn’t taint your review?

I invite you to contact me directly at 416-968-0010 or cn312@whg.com if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Doug Read,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel was close to my Wedding venue and was convenient and had a good price. The staff was nice enough to give my husband and I a bottle of wine and box of cookies to congratulate us, as we did stay there the night after our wedding, and brough a lot of wedding guests to the hotel. Everyone was satisfied. Worth the money.

Room Tip: Perhaps get a King bed for comfort.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Ciocclato18,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your stay here. We do hope that some of them will return on future trips to the city!

Thank you again and Congratulations on your marriage!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very friendly staff! Clean rooms. Well maintained. No issues. Easy check in/out. Prime downtown location close to major subway and blood right outside your door :) I found the staff knowledgable and helpful

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Wiseman360,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

this Holiday Inn is at the higher end of overall Holiday Inns. The rooms are large and clean and comfortable. The main entrance is on the side of the building so one can avoid the traffic on busy Bloor street while getting into and out of cabs or other rides. The hotel is conveniently located to University of Toronto, CN tower and close to numerous dining places. There is a decent sized exercise facility well stocked with a variety of cardio gear.

Room Tip: definitely try to get a room above the 9th floor to be over the potential for street noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear 201pilot,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We work very hard to make sure our guests have a great stay and it is great to hear that you did!

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here for three nights in January 2014 for a work-related trip.

Room: It was a pretty standard and generic 3+ star hotel room. Queen sized bed was comfortable. Bathroom was a decent size and the shower had good water pressure. There was a desk and office chair in the room as well as a separate lounging chair and ottoman. Walls between the rooms were exceptionally thin - bring earplugs. The room was clean and fit the bill for a short work-related trip.

Amenities: Free wifi was fast and strong and was high enough bandwidth for FaceTime video calls. Aside from that, the hotel is pretty no-frills. No reasonable option for breakfast in the hotel (a NY Fries on the ground floor was open for breakfast, but that just doesn't sound like a good idea to me). Take my advice and skip the bar/restaurant in the hotel - a drink there on a too cold to venture elsewhere night was a less than ideal experience.

Location: If you're visiting UofT, this location is perfect. It's also not too bad for a tourist visit to Toronto. You're 1 block from a subway station and there are a lot of great restaurant/bar options along Bloor West, especially for the budget minded.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank halifaxns
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Halifaxns,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that our facilities were suitable to your needs.

Aside from the New York Fries in the lobby the restaurant attached also serves a full breakfast between 7am-2pm. We are working with the franchisee of the Fox and Fiddle to fix some of the problems you may have encountered while there. Please also note that there are many breakfast options within a short walk from the hotel.

Thank you again for your review, on your next visit stop by the front desk to get more information about the local area.