“front desk staff is phenomenal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville

Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“front desk staff is phenomenal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

After a horrible experience at the downtown centre holiday inn, we came here. The front desk was perfect! Even the girl who was training was very attentive and sweet, as she apologized for the time she was taking learning the system! Management picked a good one because it was the only bit of manners we had heard since leaving the states! They gave maps and suggestions, even discounted my rate due to the bad experience we had at the other one! The fox and the fiddle right next door was convenient as well! This wasn't our first choice but after staying here, we would both come back each time we come up north!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Morgan T
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Morgan T,

We really appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review about your positive experience at our hotel. We do strive to ensure each guest has a memorable experience with us. It is great to hear that our front desk staff made an instant impression on you during your stay.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed there a week ago. Great location, walkable distance to downtown, or a few minutes by subway (the station is around the corner). Perfect if you come for the event at university or sports event at the varsity stadium. Anyway, the rooms were clean, comfortable and the beds were very good. I didn't check the restaurant so cannot comment, stayed on the 9th floor. The staff was accommodating our requests and generally nice. In one word - great base for a nice stay in Toronto.

Dear Dascha M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in a perfect location for guests that want to see Toronto but may want to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. Our management and staff work hard to ensure that your stay is comfortable and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I liked this place. It had all the amenities that you'd want of a 3*** hotel. Decent size room, tick. Decent size bed, tick. Cable TV, tick. Coffee maker in room, tick. Clean bathroom (could do with a reno), tick. Quick check-in, tick. Cable TV/flatscreen TV, tick. Great location, tick. WiFi included in room rate, tick. Would I stay here again? Yes.

Having said this: This place hasn't had a make-over in awhile, and it shows. The rooms are pretty competitively priced at the time of writing, so there's many worse palces in Toronto where yo'd end up paying more for less.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Udo_Schuklenk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are due for a make over and we are hoping to have one in the next year.

We look forward to your next visit, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make you more comfortable.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is actually a reasonably nice hotel, very nicely located, but stuff *kinda* works. For instance, I couldn't set a wakeup call via the phone, but there was an alarm clock, and that worked; and in the next room (I stayed there twice), I couldn't set the alarm clock, but I went to the front desk in person to set a wakeup call, and that worked. In one of the rooms, adjusting the thermostat didn't change the room temperature... but it wasn't that bad in the first place. In one room, I was right next to the loudest ice machine you've ever heard :-) which I assume means it wasn't working quite right, either. The taps take a little figuring out (the installation doesn't match the hot/cold
markings, in one case, and the hot/cold directions vary from room to room); but it only takes a moment. That is, the pattern is that there are lots of little glitches, but nothing I couldn't live with.

It might sound like I'm complaining, but actually, not really; there wasn't anything I really minded putting up with. And when I got trapped in a snowstorm, and was improvising travel plans on the fly, the folks at the front desk were very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not next to the ice machine!
Dear Amum,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy yourself depsite the little problems you occured throughout your stay.

I am very curious to find out a little bit more of your reservation. Although, like you said, these were not big problems it is still unacceptable for our guests to have deal with these little things. I can assure our wake up call system is in fine working order, if you ever wish to make a wake up call you just have to call the front desk by dialling '0'. I am not sure what the problems were with the thermostat, this is one of the reasons I would like to hear more about your stay so that we may be able to investigate further. I can say that we are due to have a renovation over the next year and I hope that all of these little problems will be fixed.

We would love to hear from you directly to discuss your stay further. We invite you to contact us by calling 416-968-0010 or by email at cn312@whg.com.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here on several occasions. The location is the best thing about this hotel. The Subway is right next to hotel which makes getting around easy. You can walk east or west on Bloor to Yonge or Spadina, and there's plenty of retail, restaurants, and coffee shops. The front staff are okay, though one guy gives the impression he's better than his position! The cleaning staff are very efficient and polite. The Fox & Fiddle serves pub food - it's pretty average. Kayla the day time waitress is great! The evening waitress looks like she'd rather be someplace else!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StevieMyers
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear StevieMyers,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our location. We are very lucky to have so many great things around our hotel.

I will be taking note of the restaurant comments as they are owned and operated separately and I am sure they would interested.

I invite you to contact us directly in order to speak about your experience with us further. If you would like please contact us at 416-968-0010 or cn312@whg.com.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Give it five stars for location but the restaurant rates only one star and the rooms are a little tired, especially the bathroom with its cracked fiberglass tub enclosure and the grimy top on the toilet tank. My room was otherwise very clean. The king size bed was too hard for my liking but there was a good variety of pillows in various firmness.
The 14th floor room was cold and it didn't seem to matter how high I cranked the thermostat – the temperature never budged. In their defense it was -15 and windy outside, but the hotel heating system couldn't keep up with that.
Housekeeping staff was friendly; front desk staff not so friendly but efficient.
The hotel was about what I would expect in its price range and the location is very convenient to Queen's Park, University of Toronto and the Royal Ontario Museum. Very close to the subway, too.

Room Tip: There are lots of better restaurant options just outside the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 2275Waves
Dear 2275waves,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our location. The building itself is in need of some updates, we are set to begin within the next year.

We are working with the restaurant franchisee to correct some of the problems you may have encountered. In regards to our front desk staff I would be very interested to know more about your stay in order to speak with the correct staff members. We generally have great customer service.

I invite you to contact us directly at 416-968-0010 or cn312@whg.com to speak about this further.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to hearing from you.
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Rotten, dirty and stinky, outdated, terrible greasy food in the restaurant. Rooms small and stinky, carpets dirty, I was scared to step on them. Staff not helpful, not unpleasant but not helpful in any way. I would never stay here again and I would never recommend it. I was scared I would have bugs crawling on me all night. I was so sorry that I had booked in here for two days. The evening waitress was not pleasant either, didn't really seem to care about her customers or her job. The on,y good thing about this hotel was the Thai day waitress named Karla. She was a gem. My advice, find another hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Shelley L
holidayinnbloor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Shelly L,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We have been working with the restaurant franchisee to correct some of the issues that you may have experienced with them during your stay. It was rather unnerving that you viewed the overall hotel this way. As you can see from our other reviews that this is not common feedback. After further investigating your stay I was interested to learn that you had an issue with a hotel policy/procedure. I hope that didn’t taint your review?

I invite you to contact me directly at 416-968-0010 or cn312@whg.com if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Doug Read,

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels