“Nice hotel for a short vacation 'with a low budget”

Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
Ranked #75 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice hotel for a short vacation 'with a low budget”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed the hotel 5-day holiday on the occasion of gay pride events in the city

The hotel is located on a main street with convenient transportation to various parts of the city, down the street from great shopping area and is not far from the nightlife area.

Standard hotel rooms, reception service is not very courteous, but the rooms are clean.

The hotel is not suitable for a romantic vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shai D
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Shai D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay with us. As you have mentioned we are in a great location on a main street close to transit.

Our housekeeping staff work very hard to ensure each room is kept clean and ready for the next guest. I am surprised to hear that our staff was not courteous during your stay, it is very important that each guest gets treated with same level of service. I would invite you to contact me directly via email, cn312ac@whg.com, in order to learn more about your stay.

Thank you again for the review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I spent my 23rd birthday here i had a amazing time. This hotel is in a great area I felt safe. there were plenty of restaurants and retail stores in walking distance the staff was friendly. this one particular receptionist by the name of Stephan. He was very polite and helpful he knew the city very well and gave great directions. He was also very patient with me because I had tons of questions about tourist sites and transportation, because of his great service I
would definitely recommend this hotel and I will come and stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Kay1908Dee,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 23rd birthday while staying at our property. It is also great to hear that you received excellent service from our staff, especially Stefan. I will make sure to pass your comments on.

Thank you again for your review and we all look forward to seeing you in the future!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was at a loss to choose the perfect accomodation for guests attending my daughter's wedding in Toronto as well as having a hotel as a home base for my daughter and her attendents to get ready on the day of the wedding, considering I live in Kitchener. From the moment I met the Sales Manager Sonia Waite I knew I was in the right place that I had envisioned. Sonia's commitment to excellence in taking care of guests at the Holiday Inn her reliability and down to earth nature exceeded any expectation I had. Sonia went out of her way to make sure our needs were taken care of attending to the minutest detail. The Manager on Duty Jeff and all staff were also wonderful The rooms were very clean, spacious and so comfortable to be in, a home away from home. The beds were very comfortable as well. This is a gem hidden in a very busy and bustling city. Having the Fox and Fiddle in the same building was an added bonus for our family get-to-gethers. The food here is delicious.
Thank you so much Sonia, thank you Holiday Inn for an outstanding experience and for helping to make my daughter's wedding so special, a dream come true. With heartfelt thanks, Rob & Romany Arnold

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Romany A,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel! I am so happy to hear that we were able to be a part of your Daughter's special day and that it was everything you could have hoped for. I will make sure to pass these comments along as I know how hard Sonia works to make sure your stay is a great stay.

Thank you again for your review and we all look forward to serving you again in the future!
Somewhere in Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in early July. The location of the hotel nice for access to UofT. The hotel is close to a subway station. You can buy a day pass and use public transit to travel around Toronto. Parking is expensive at CAD 22/day. Room was OK. Bathroom was in poor shape. The water in the tub drained very slowly (the drain must have been clogged), which meant lot of dirty stuff would remain in the tub. The Fox and Fiddle restaurant did not offer good breakfast choices. There are not many eating options nearby. There is a Tim Hortons one block away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sigmetrics
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Sigmetrics,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are happy to know that our location suited your needs. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I have taken not of your comments regarding the bath tub. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please be assured that your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review. I am confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to bring improvements needed.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your valuable comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ottawa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed a couple nights on business. The room was decently sized, and clean. The little grocery market across the street was convenient, but there didn't seem to be many great dining options nearby, especially for breakfast. The hotel itself has a pub-style restaurant and a New York Fries. The crepe place that I eventually found made a pretty tasty breakfast, so head west if you are looking.

No fridge and no ice machine on the floor I was staying on was somewhat inconvenient, but otherwise it was uneventful. Nothing spectacular, nothing terrible, decent value compared to some of the outrageous prices in TO.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank XploreNature
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear XploreNature,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed 1 night and checked out. Supposed to be there for 3.

Location: At the very beginning of the bloor-yorkville strip. so don't think you are in the ritzy part. You are overlooking bloor but facing you is a run down residential building. I would feel comfortable walking alone as a woman at night in that part of "Yorkville".
Parking: $22/night with in and out privileges. The good thing about the parking is you can park there until 2pm after you have checked out of your room.
Room: simple, dated bedding and decor, a desk and chair. You can have a microwave for $10/night. Executive rooms are the only ones with a mini fridge. Bathroom is simple. Tub/shower combo, blow dryer. They use body shop shampoo/conditioner
Bed: I felt things were crawling on me the entire night. I slept on towels and fully clothed with lights on. I couldn't say if the bed was firm or soft or springy because I didn't want to move off the towels I was lying on.....

No breakfast, Keurig machine in room, free paper...but the paper is the daily Metro which is available for free at almost every corner in Toronto.

Close to ROM and st. George subway station I guess is good if you need those things close.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank I B
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear I B,

I appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience at our hotel. I am upset to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I would like to let you know that we are set to be upgraded, hopefully within the next year. We have started making some changes with our brand new flat screen televisions and brand new beds within the past year. I am very sorry that you were not able to sleep well in your bed, I can assure you that our rooms are cleaned by a very dedicated housekeeping staff.

As you have mentioned we are located on the edge of Yorkville, and also beside the University of Toronto. Our area is very safe to walk around at night, there is a lot of traffic and lighting.

I would like to hear more about your experience at our hotel, so that we can hopefully prevent these issues on any future stays. Please feel free to contact me at 416-968-0010 or cn312@whg.com

Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is truly an excellent value! It is also convenient to tourist sites, restaurants, public transportation ,etc. It is also a nice and safe area. The room was very nice and more than filled the basics. The rate was a real value. The staff could not have been nicer. This will be my first choice when I return to Toronto!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Tdb_11,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!