“Unforgetable stay”

Ranked #18 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Unforgetable stay”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed for a week-end get away with my children. The room has a view of the lake which my two younger children enjoyed. My eldest enjoyed the Starbucks by the lobby....:)The room is very clean and cozy, the floors are hard wood, instead of carpet which I like. Walking distance from CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium and Union Station. They skated by Harbour front as well. Would definitely stay here again, hopefully when construction is done.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shierly I
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Shierly l,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your weekend escape with us and are already anticipating the next great escape!

A note about the construction, we, as you can imagine, cannot wait for it to be complete as well. Once finished the area will have been transformed into a true destination! In the mean time thank you for referring to the accessibility of our location during the course of the roadwork....

Shierly l, thank you again for the time taken to compose and share this review.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Antwerpen
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed there twice. The second time I got upgraded to an harbour front apartment. They have a fireplace, great view of the river and even a telescope. The gym has a decent size. The restaurant and bar has a modern feel to it. Lots of fresh fruit for breakfast. There are plenty of dining options in the neighborhood. I went to the brewery next door and the sports bar that's located in the hotel. You are right next to the Toronto tower.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
stefkes,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel and share with the Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time(s) with us. We sincerely hope that you continue to use our facility upon future visits to Toronto.

stefkes, thank you again for your time and composition.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at the Radisson this past weekend to attend a work Christmas party downtown Toronto. We arrived to check in around 3:30pm (check in starts at 3) and only one of the three rooms on our booking was ready at that time. The front desk clerk stated that guaranteed check in "starts at 3 but that doesn't mean the rooms are ready for 3" and that they were fully booked the night before and with only three hours to clean the rooms, it is difficult to get everything done in time for a 3pm check in. I'd have to say that this makes zero sense, and if staff can't have the rooms ready for 3pm, then either hire more cleaning staff or have check out earlier than noon.

Anyways, we got our rooms all sorted out and everything was fine. The rooms are just typical hotel rooms - nothing fancy. The mini fridge was nice to have. Probably the best thing overall were the beds, I found them very comfortable.

So despite a less than stellar check in, things were ok... that is, until around 8am when we were woken up by construction above us. However, at the time, we had no idea it was construction. I called down to the front desk around 8:15am asking what was above us and what was going on. The front desk clerk advised that it was a hotel room and she'd send the manager up to check it out. The noise ended up continuing all morning until we checked out. I went up to the 5th floor (we stayed on the 4th floor) to see if I could figure out what it was since I swore it sounded like flooring was being replaced, only to see that the entire 5th floor is currently under construction. Needless to say I wasn't impressed that the front desk lied when I called down a couple hours earlier. At check out I advised that we had been awake since around 8am due to construction noise above us (ie hammering, sweeping, table saw), had called front desk with no remedy provided, etc. etc. We spoke to the manager who essentially said the construction workers weren't supposed to be there that day (however they were) and she had told them to halt their work at 8am (however they didn't). Essentially they pretty much passed the blame around and we had our parking comped and that was about it.

This is such a long review, I know... but there are four main things that annoyed me about this stay. First was check in. Don't say check in is at 3pm when you can't have the rooms ready, and then give a bs excuse why they're not. Second was the fact that the front desk staff flat out lied when I called them in the morning. How do you not know an entire floor of your hotel is under cosntruction? Third, when checking out, both the front desk clerk and the manager pretty much passed off the blame about the construction stating that they weren't supposed to be there on Sunday. Well, they were, and they were annoying the guests of your hotel, so maybe do something about it instead of allowing the annoyance continue. Not to mention, if the hotel is under major renovations, you should be advising your guests of this fact upon check in... or even upon booking. Fourth, only being offered to have parking comped and that they can't touch the room rate. You're the manager, you can comp the entire room if you wanted to. I would expect maybe not the nicest stay at a low grade hotel, not at the Radisson where we're being charged over $200 a night.

Needless to say I likely will never stay at this hotel again. It doesn't seem like staff really grasp customer service, have any desire to make their customers happy, nor have any idea what is going on in their own hotel.

1 Thank LiKaRe
LiKaRe,

Thank you for taking the time to compose your candid review of our hotel.

Where to begin? First/foremost/all around I am sorry for the service levels experienced during your stay. No matter the state of the street outside nor the floor above what I am reading does not sit well with me and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Check-in and check-out times are your bench markers for an introductory to our property. The fact we were not able to achieve these levels suggests, as you point out, an area that may need to be addressed in the future (i.e. moving times). However for the here and now I am sorry that your rooms were not ready on time. This can happen from time to time, however the response you did receive is not one I am comfortable with and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

With regards to the room renovations, yes we do know that a floor of our hotel is under renovations however we also are under the impression, including myself and the manager on duty that day, that the construction is to take place during normal business hours. 8:00am during on what I am assuming was a weekend does not fall into this threshold. Rather than accepting that they lied to you I am afraid that they really were just not aware and did the best they could amongst a situation that was unnecessary and unacceptable.

"Never separate yourself from the situation that is happening around you", something that I believe, in light of your comments, that we lost track of that morning and for ignoring this very principle I am simply very sorry. This situation happened to you, while staying here. We all work here and must be accountable for the situations that present themselves. Again I am thankful for this feedback as I believe it is important as we move forward.....

Finally LiKaRe I do want to apologize, sincerely, for these disruptions. If you would like to continue discussing this matter please contact me at greg@radissonadmiral.com

Thank you again for your time and for your feedback. I sincerely hope that you will look to give us another opportunity to prove ourselves to you in the future.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Arrived for ConstructCanada at Island airport, and 'walked' to the hotel. Frequent shuttle to convention centre. Very helpful and friendly staff. Basic internet was but high-speed internet worked well (and wasn't very expensive). Staff at restaurant pleasant but my blackened salmon was a bit too black. However, restaurant has view on the lake. Hotel is just a great overall location. Room is a comfortable and clean room. HVAC not too loud. Don't be fooled by the exterior of the building which doesn't inspire at first glance. What counts for me is the cozy inside. I've booked my room for my next trip already!

sboulanger7,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

"Cozy and comfortable" these are great words to describe us...thank you for this. We truly believe that our location is top notch and allows from a true escape after a day of exploring....thank you for acknowledging this!

Our employees are the back bone of our operation and I am glad to read that they continue to exude the "Yes I Can" mantra each and everyday.

Your feedback with regards to your meal will definitely be heard and I thank you for this. Without this we/they cannot improve moving forward...again thank you!

sboulanger7, thank you again for your time and for sharing with the world. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here for a quick visit to Toronto for a holiday.

Check in and out was painless and the staff on the front desk were really nice and helpful.
I was upgraded to a nicer room as they are renovating the hotel. Very clean, modern and with great views of the lake - an impressive room with all the facilities you need - hairdryer, toiletries etc. Bed is super comfortable and coffee machine, free wi-fi are nice touches.

Location is ok - the harbour is pretty, Amsterdam Brewery Restaurant is practically next door and the hotel has a sport's bar to watch the hockey on and make new NHL friends. It is close to the Rogers Centre and CN Tower but there are a lot of roadworks going on in Toronto and around the hotel's area so keep your eyes peeled for turnings/diversions if driving. Everywhere is walkable from the hotel - if you can brave the cold!

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, a fitness centre (didn't visit) and a business centre which is handy if you need to print out last minute Maple Leaf tickets :-)

A clean, efficient hotel that made my first trip to Canada hassle free - I would happily return to stay here.

J.

NB: My only request would be that there was a safe deposit box in the room, as having to keep things in the hotel safe is a bit of a pain.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
jen m,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

You mention our location and I thank you for this. We are truly a great base for everything that Toronto has to offer. The next time you are here be sure to check out our brand new Aquarium located only 5 minutes walk from the hotel!

I am glad to hear that we provided you with the service that you should always expect and that we were able to play a small role in making your first trip to our fair land a memorable one!

jen m again thank you for your time and for sharing your experience with the world!

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed on the 8th floor which is recently renovated. The hallways are a horrible lavender color with a crazy patterned carpet which would probably make you feel nauseous if you had a few too many drinks! Rooms look modern and was pretty clean. Floor to celing windows and a partial lakeview. I agree with another poster about there being no closet..they had a clothing rack which felt like it belonged in a retail store. Very different but I was only there for one day. The hotel was hard to find with all the construction going on in the area. There is a parkade below but it says 'public parking' but you can pay with your hotel if you let them know when you check in. You won't want a truck or SUV down there, it was pretty tight. Staff were friendly. Nice location on the waterfront. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
juanita58,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

Agreed with regards to the hallways, some would say you have to have a few to get through it! Know that these corridors are on the schedule for our renovations (currently underway) and should be completed at some point in 2014, thanks to feedback such as yours.

The closets are a challenge I agree. This was part of the original design that has not panned out. We are working on a solution for the rooms already completed and moving forward with the current renovations.

Our lovely city is under construction everywhere you go in anticipation of the 2015 Pan American Games. This corresponds with a major revitalization of the waterfront and has made access to any spot along our shore a challenge. We are, however, delighted that you found your way to us and enjoyed our little jewel by the water.

juanita58, thank you again for taking the time out of your schedule to compose this review. We look forward to a return visit at some point in the near future.

Minden, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We spent the a night here when we were in Toronto attending an event. It was a great place to stay. The rooms were clean, modern and very comfortable. The staff were great and the hotel's location was very convenient. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
teed43,

Thank you for taking the time to compose and share a review of our hotel.

As you mentioned our hotel is conveniently located and a great base to get around....thank you for acknowledging this. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your evening with us and look forward to your return!

teed43, thank you again for the time taken.