“Please stop the noise!!!”

Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Ranked #15 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 January 2014

OK I knew I received a good price for 3 days in a hotel in Toronto but they really should have explained what the noise would be like during the day. In fairness, when we arrived, they did inform us that they were doing construction/renovations during the day. Unfortunately they did not tell me that it would the room directly above ours (326)! It started shortly after 9 a.m. ... barely awake as we are on holiday and the noise sounded like someone was going to come right through the ceiling into our bathroom! I am now sitting here as I type at 3 pm in the afternoon and my wife is trying to take a nap ... impossible ... my son is trying to watch TV ... impossible. The noise if really unbearable. I don't have a good answer in terms of how they could deal with renos other than ensuring that they didn't actually use the rooms that are directly beneath where work is being done.

I travel alot and look for good value ... I am also a fair reviewer and try to provide an accurate representation for other Tripadvisor users since I rely on it when I travel. I had checked out this hotel and is was rated as 29/141 in Toronto and hence why I selected it.

So let me offer some other feedback for other's consideration. Carpets in the room ... very soiled. Bathroom is desperately in need of work too ... chipped tub, rust stain from ceiling running down shower wall and garbage can that looks like someone has been sick all over it. Chair in room has stains on it. Beds are comfortable enough however as are pillows. Staff at front desk are very friendly and helpful as well ... one of the few pluses. The other plus is the location which is great even when walking in terribly cold temperatures.

Overall my opinion is avoid this hotel until their reno is complete or request a room that is no where near the actual work being done. I cannot even hear myself think as I type this review!!!

I can only assume that this is one of those cases where if it seems to good it probably is. I did get a good price through booking.com but I now understand why.

Room Tip: Ask to be provided a room away from the reno work ... or at least in a room that is not directly und...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Itravellerglobe
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

iantraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

I must admit that you are correct when it comes to the noise levels, at times, during our renovations. As is indicated in the 'important information' section of the very first page of our booking.com listing we are undergoing a room renovation through to the end of April. The vast majority of the time the renovation noise is typical hammering, nailing and cutting. However when a floor is just being demolished there is a good amount of noise that does go into the removal of material. This can last a couple of days or a week depending on the speed of work and or issues that do arise. The renovation is extensive and does involve a complete gut of the washroom and removal of all of the fixtures including carpet (to be replaced with hardwood floors).

This renovation is extensive and the noise that did occur during your stay would have been heard no matter where you were placed in the building....although the intensity, I have no doubt, is greater just below. We do attempt to complete all disruptive work during normal business hours and during times we believe most will be out and about.

iantraveller, I am sorry that this work did cause a disruption to your stay. We think that the service we provide, the location in which we find ourselves and the eventual outcome of our renovations will provide that value that all travelers seek when looking for accommodations.

iantraveller, thank you again for your time and for sharing your experience with the world. We always attempt to be as transparent as possible and do hope that you will look to give us another opportunity to serve you....assumedly once our renovations are completed.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great location although currently Toronto is doing a lot of road work on Queens Quay so the trams aren't running. Everything is within a reasonable walking distance. Shoeless Joes bar, the Amsterdam brewpub are right nearby and are pretty good restos. The hotel is currently under renovation but we did't find it disruptive. This is one of my favorite Toronto hotels and have stayed here many times and always found it a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Ron B,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to read that you consistently enjoy your time with us and enjoy our location. Toronto is in full scale preparation mode for the 2015 Pan American Games and construction is definitely a challenge throughout the city.

Ron B, I want to again thank you for your time and for sharing your thoughts with the world. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Waterfront was nice walked to ACC saw the Raptors...walked to union got the subway to the theatre ..lots of restaurants around and on front street..comfortable environment ..instead of paying for parking at the ACC we just paid10.00 more and parked at the Radisson and walked it worked out perfect! Skating rink on the harborfront..open for all so nice to see purina pet museum beside the hotel so nice..safe and we had a view of the CN Tower...

Room Tip: View of the CN tower at night it lights up..I'm sure the water front would be nice also...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Cher255,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

It sounds as though you had an excellent time in our city and that we were lucky enough to contribute to this experience. The Natrel skating rink is one of the highlights of the winter season for our staff and guests alike! Hopefully, if you didn’t have a chance this time, you will take advantage of 2 for 1 skate rentals offered to all of our guests at the rink!

Cher255, thank you again for taking the time to compose and share your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Greg Hives

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We read the warnings about construction before staying here, and all our expectations were met.

We had a lakeview room, and were glad we did. We were able to watch ferry crossings, and noted that there's a police station right below the hotel.

The front desk staff is very nice, professional, and accommodating. They're trained well and seem happy to do their jobs.

The only potential drawback to the hotel is its location. There aren't many top-notch dining options nearby, and it's a bit of a pain to walk to downtown Toronto, under highways and across rail tracks. Our best meals were in restaurants we drove to, and getting into and out of the hotel with all the nearby construction led to some false starts.

Small complaints: there were no convenient outlets to recharge a Kindle by the pool/outdoor cafe seating, and no working printer in the business centre. The hallways are also dark, mainly due to the paint scheme. In the wide view of things, these complaints are minor.

Overall, we would stay here again. The lakefront construction means that the area can only improve.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

happenstance3,

Thank you for taking the time to complete and share your review of our hotel.

Ideally our location is a great base for many of the major attractions that Toronto has to offer. Reality, however, does lead to the realization that the revitalization currently underway all along the Harbourfront makes navigation and getting around somewhat of an adventure at times. I am glad that you did have the opportunity to dine and enjoy some of the city's top notch fare!

Thank you for the feedback regarding the outlets/corridors and the business centre printer. I do note that the printer is functioning currently, however we will definitely keep an eye on things. With regards to the corridors.....change is coming, more than likely be towards the end of 2014 after our room renovations have been completed.

happenstance3, thank you again for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience with the world and with us. We are excited at the improvements to come, both inside and out, and are looking forward to sharing these with you in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Excellent hotel that went above and beyond at serving its purpose of providing a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. I traveled to Toronto by myself for pure enjoyment and would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

I'm sure I probably paid for the cheapest room at this hotel, so I wasn't expecting the primo view with a jacuzzi, but it was the perfect room for my stay! I had a city view and could see the CN Tower and the Blue Jays Stadium. Very comfortable bed, and it was actually bigger than I expected.

Amenities: FREE WATER! This is a big deal to me, so I loved this! Fitness room; a business center if you need a computer or a printer; free wifi; very comfortable beds; mini-fridge; Starbucks! Since I traveled here in the winter, I didn't bother to check out the pool, but I would guess it is very nice!

Very, very, very friendly staff here. I arrived to the Radisson around 11:30 A.M. right after my flight, and since check in wasn't until 3, I figured I could just set my stuff behind the desk while I walked around for a bit, but I was actually able to check in early!

I'm giving this hotel 5 stars, because of everything I said above!

As far as the location (and this has nothing to do with the hotel's service), its situated in the heart of Toronto's Harbourfront. Very beautiful area right on Lake Ontario and a cool, outdoor skating rink next door. The only downside to the Radisson's location is that there aren't a lot of restaurant options that are immediately available. There's a great, quiet sushi place across the street, but if you are looking for more options, or just a quick meal, you may walk a ways. I enjoy walking, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but in order to experience more of the city life, there was a lot of walking.

Overall, it was a great experience! :)

Room Tip: If you're on a budget while traveling, the cheapest rooms here are great! I know that they'v...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathryn D
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Kathryn D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete and share a review of our hotel.

Our employees are and continue to be the backbone of our operation. They consistently strive to make each and every guests experience a comfortable one.....I am glad to read that they continue to exceed expectations.

As mentioned comfort is our number one priority and the amenities offered do compliment this mantra quite well, thank you for recognizing this.

Kathryn D, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and in Toronto. We sincerely hope that, upon your return, you do come by for a return visit!

Many thanks again for your time.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We asked for 2 double beds, on arrival this option is not available! Fully booked out! Receptionists are rude and non-helpful in your requirements you booked. They offer no compensation with this regard. The maids in the morning are knocking on your door at 9am. Drilling in the hotel starts at 9am even though the website states it will be finished in october 2013 (writing this 27 December 2013)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Goread1357

Goread1357,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

First and foremost I want to apologize for the disruption to your stay that our renovations did cause. Truthfully the room renovations alert does read November 11, 2013 to April 30, 2014, however we did just complete lobby renovations and that one did have an October end date. I am sorry for the confusion this seems to have caused.

Our employees do take great pride in providing exemplary service on a consistent basis. I do understand, however, that at times they are not always at their best and I appreciate the feedback here. This will assist me in future feedback and coaching when dealing with issues such as the one you describe and I do thank you for this.

Finally Goread1357, I want to thank you for bringing our room renovations to the forefront. We are working diligently to improve ourselves and are all excited for the outcome. There will be instances of higher noise levels during this time of revitalization, of this there is no doubt. We have attempted to notify all of our guests of this and do try very hard to keep the noise restricted to normal business hours.

Goread1357 thank you again for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel. We sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to return and witness the outcome of our renovations.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stay here a couple times a year, sometimes with the kids or just the two of us either way we love this hotel, the rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. It's very close to the Rodgers stadium , CN tower, Convention center and the beautiful new Aquarium. We do prefer to stay here in the summer months because it is located on the lake and the beautiful roof top outdoor pool. Right now the whole street in front of the hotel is under going construction and will be for several months so I am told. This didn't effect our stay because we park I their under ground garage and walk or taxi our way around.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Don L,

Thank you for taking the time to compose and share a review of our hotel.

As you mention the location of the hotel cannot be beat for all of the major activities in the city. I thank you very much for pointing this out to the Tripadvisor community.

Don L, I am delighted to read that you continually enjoy your experiences with us. Thank you again for your time. We look forward to seeing you back again, with or without the kids, in the near future!