“Almost perfect minus the sounds from the 9-5pm Renovations”

Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Ranked #17 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Almost perfect minus the sounds from the 9-5pm Renovations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had a really good stay their except there was some minor construction around the hotel. It was only the noise that was irritating sometimes.

Quick fix is to just go out around Harbourfront and go back to the hotel at 5pm. That's when the renovations stop for the day. The reception was very welcoming and friendly. Nice room and washroom.

I can't wait to book another room here in the summer hopefully when all the renovations are done. :)

Note: I only rated Sleep Quality low because of the temporary construction happening around the building.

Room Tip: I would recommend booking a room with a lake view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Roy C,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

Admittedly our renovation noise does vary in decibel levels. However, as you noted, we do our best to cease all noise at 5pm to ensure a good nights rest.

We are almost done with the rooms (May 16th, 2014) and look forward to having you back in the summertime!

Roy C, thank you again for taking the time out to share your experience with the world!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stay at this waterfront property many times and I never ceased to be amazed. Outstanding location, specially in summer; just beside Ontario place ( shows every week-end); 5 minutes from the Billy Bishop Airport..

Check-in staff are great. Superior renovated rooms and a lavish breakfast buffet. Dining room offers as well a good menu

Room Tip: no bad rooms, waterfront view is great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jbonaventure
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
jbonaventure,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

Your words of kindness will be shared with our team. Thank you again.....we look forward to seeing you soon!

Napanee, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbour front on the 15th of March. We picked this hotel because we had read that it was undergoing renovations and thought it would be nice to stay in newly renovated, up-to-date hotel. The location was great to all the downtown attractions. We liked the fact that parking was underground, and our car was out of the weather. everything was good in the room except the bath/shower combo. The shower head was really low, the lowest I've ever seen. Other than that the room itself was very comfortable. The only down fall was being kept up till about 3:00a.m. by the screaming and hollering outside. There is the Amsterdam Brew House that opened about 1 1/2 years ago and all the drunks walk by the hotel. Next time we stay we'll upgrade to a higher floor and one that is not on the side of the Brew House. Having Starbucks in the lobby was also a nice touch. Check in was very easy and they made us feel welcomed and answered any questions we had. It was nice that we were able to leave our car at the hotel until 6:00p.m. because it allowed us to see the downtown the next day. Other than the loud noise coming from the Amsterdam Brew House, we had a good stay and will be back once the renovations have been completed.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side with the Amsterdam Brew House
1 Thank benny396
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
benny396,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

I am glad to read that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time all of our rooms should be renovated and I do hope that you have the opportunity to experience our new look which goes hand in hand with the improvements we have made in the lobby area.

The Amsterdam opened in July of 2013. This being their first St. Patrick’s day and ours with them as neighbours was a learning experience. I can assure you I have been in touch with their General Manager and we are working together to tab events such as this and to improve our overall reaction and preparedness for them.....thank you for this feedback!

benny396, thank you again for taking the time out to complete and share a review of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Oakville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was very impressed with the customer service I received at this hotel. I had to check-in to the hotel early (before regular check-out time) and even though the hotel was fully booked the night before, they were able to check me in right away. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, the breakfast buffet was delicious, the room was great and it was a fair price. I would definitely stay here again,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole V
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Nicole V,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

We always endeavour to meet and exceed the needs/expectations of our guests and I am glad to learn that succeeded in this circumstance. Thank you for this acknowledgement!

Nicole V, thank you again for your time. Glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Alden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have no idea if all the rooms were like the one we had, but it was newly remodeled with hard wood floors, clean and simple, white linens and exceptionally clean. This was a Living Social deal with a lot of perks added such as a free breakfast buffet -(exceptional service and food), discount off dining at Watermark and a Starbucks gift card. There was a lot of construction going on around the hotel, hence the Living Social Deal, but that was not a problem even on St. Patrick's Day. This hotel was in a perfect location. It's right on the water and across from the Rogers Centre. I would definitely return.

Denise W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections on our hotel.

The Living Social Deal was a good value and I am clad that you had the opportunity to take advantage!

Happy to read that you enjoyed our revitalized room product and the area that surrounds us. When all is said and done, both inside and out, I am confident that we will be one of the places to be on the water.

Denise W thank you again for your time and for your kind words. We are sincerely looking forward to having you back with us in the future!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 8 nights, whilst trying to find a place to live whilst on my work/holiday visa.

The hotel is neatly situated a stones throw away from the CN Tower, aquarium, harbour, Rogers Centre, and Air Canada Centre. It also has a local grocery store, takeaways and sports grill. So, essentially it has everything going for it in terms of location. For clothes shopping you will have to walk about 15mins or a cheap taxi away, but it really isn't a problem.

In terms of the hotel itself, it is excellent. It's not the most flash place I've stayed but the room was extremely spacious, bright, and clean. Just what I needed after a long flight. All the staff I encountered were friendly and very helpful.

The reception area has a Starbucks, which is always a nice treat in a morning. I also had room service twice when it was too extreme outside. Both times it was very nice and competitively priced to restaurants.

My main like was that it was situated away from other hotels and tourists. It's a much more quiet area.

Would absolutely visit again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Pommy88,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections with regards to our hotel.

As you mention our location really can not be beat; steps away from all major attractions and venues whilst creating quiet departure from the hustle and bustle when the day is through. We definitely unique in the city and I thank you for acknowledging this.

Glad you had the chance to take advantage of the Starbucks. Our gift shop is now re-opened so hopefully you won’t have to take that taxi ride for shopping upon future visits!

Pommy88, thank you again for your time and for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the area.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at this hotel and every time we have been greeted by friendly and helpful staff. In fact the last time I stayed here one of the front desk staff even found one of the staff that knew about cars to help me on a Sunday after my car wouldn't start.
This time I booked through Booking.com and booked a standard room. When I got there we were upgraded to a corner suite and even though it was not one of the newly renovated rooms it was spacious and very homey. The bed was comfortable and lots of comfy pillows were provided. The electric fireplace and swivel tv were also a nice touch as well as the telescope for watching the harbour.
Even though the room was located on the Queens Quay side we were never bothered by the construction and we found the location as it was just within walking distance of most downtown attractions. The Starbucks in the lobby was wonderful for a morning latte.
It is definitely my go to hotel when visiting downtown Toronto.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Janet B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel and for your continued patronage.

The employees here are top of the line and are definitely the oil that keeps the engine going. I am amazed each and everyday at there commitment to the Yes I Can spirit.....thank you for your acknowledgement of their efforts.

Our Studio rooms are quite unique and do offer the amenities that lend themselves to a little more comfort. I am glad you had the opportunity to experience one of these rooms!

Janet B, thank you again for your time and kind words. We are looking forward to continued visits and being relied upon for your future Toronto visits!