“Great location!”

Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Ranked #18 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
“Great location!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

First time in Toronto, we chose to stay at the Radisson because of the positive reviews and I have to agree! Only hiccup was I requested a room with two beds and was given a king size, they were able to switch it the next night. Very close to all the attractions that we wanted to see, all within walking distance. Great location right on the water and had a Toronto sightseeing stop right at hotel which was also very convenient! Everyone at the front desk was very helpful with whatever questions we had or if we needed directions. Would definitely recommend and will stay here again next time we come to Toronto!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Kristin M,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete a review of our hotel.

We are fortunate enough to be blessed with the location that we have and are MORE than fortunate to have the compliment of employees that we do....thank you for both mentions.

Kristin M I want to thank you again for your time and for the positive words. We hope to continue to live up to the standards set upon your future visits!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 4 May 2014

From the check inn to the check out I couldn't fault the hotel, the staff were friendly hand helpful especially the lady that checked me in and out (although she thought I looked like Tom Hanks, I didn't know whether to be insulted or thankful). I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Also it's a 5 min walk from the CN tower and the Aquarium. And maybe 29 min from the main shopping mall. The only downside just now is that the city is doing some tramworks outside so it's a little bit difficult to navigate around the harbour front just now, but that's not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: Try looking like Tom Hanks, I think all the rooms are probably of a very good standard.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Jpc75,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

We are elated that you enjoyed the location and that our group welcomed and served you with open arms....especially after coming through the navigation of Queens Quay.

Jpc75 thank you again for your time and for the kind words shared. As a side note I believe Glamour magazine has named Tom Hanks the sexiest actor alive two years in a row.....take it as you will! :)

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lots to like about this hotel. I had a huge, newly renovated room with a very comfortable bed. The free wifi was reliable and fast enough for Netflix, and there's a Starbucks in reception.

That said, the room was *very* noisy. The fridge was ridiculously loud and even with that unplugged and the aircon off, I could still hear a miscellaneous jet engine sound all through the night.

The hotel also has a strange breakfast arrangement. I hadn't booked my own room, and the staff just let me take my own seat without approaching me or talking to me before hunting me down to charge me $20 when I was finished. This is at least half my fault, but it wouldn't have killed someone to seat me and explain the setup like most hotels do.

Also be aware that while the harbourfront area is probably lovely most of the time, Queens Quay is undergoing some fairly extensive construction and this must be navigated to get downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nick T,

Thank you for taking the time to complete and share a review of our hotel.

The good: Glad you enjoyed the newly renovated product including the addition of the Starbucks in our lobby.

The not so good: We are working to correct some sound issues through the course of our room renovations. The hope is to have these items completed by mid-May. With regards to the breakfast I am very sorry for this. There are times where we can lose our focus. This, of course, should never occur and please be rest assured that I will forward to the appropriate parties for the follow up and coaching it does deserve....thank you for this feedback!

The bad: Yes Queens Quay is undergoing a major revitalization at the moment...there is nothing subtle about it. While it can be cumbersome to navigate I believe we are that "lots to like" light at the end of the tunnel….

Nick T I want to thank you again for your time and for your feedback. We sincerely hope to see you back again in the future.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a great stay thanks to the unparalleled concierge service and excellent location. Stayed over on the Friday before the Gardiner closure after returning from a business trip and having early morning appointments in Toronto the next day.... I needed to be downtown to avoid the commute and couldn't have picked a better spot. The stay ended up being two fold and my hubby and toddler joined me. She is infatuated with planes and I with hot baths but our pre booked reservation was a room that didn't have the best view for the planes and NO TUB....yikes!!! Thank goodness for Clara who was able to quickly upgrade me to a room that had both....crisis averted.
Excellent and attentive customer service (I thrive on this). Clean and modern rooms, right on the water. Restaurant, Starbucks and a convenience store directly through the lobby a bonus. Great breakfast buffet at Watermark....will definitely stay again and again!!

• Stayed April 2014
Sleepingoutthere,

Thank you for taking the time to compose and share a review of our hotel.

We are glad we could be the family base you required for a busy weekend and that daughter and co, enjoyed their experience in our newly renovated rooms. Clara is truly one of our rising stars and I appreciate the mention made.....thank you for this.

Sleepingoutthere I want to thank you again for the review and for the kind words. We look forward to having you back again and again for years to come!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 April 2014

While not in bad section of Toronto, there was significant construction outside that made it a bit tricky to manuever around. There was also work being done in the hotel and the fitness center was closed both days I wanted to use it. While the hotel has recently been renovated, They were a bit small for my family four. The hotel was conveniently located so that was the biggest bonus for us. My biggest complaint was upon leaving today no one at the front desk had the decency to inform us that the major highway running thru town was closed for miles. I just can't imagine that a member of the tourist industry did not know that this would be occuring.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barb M
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Barb M,

Thank you for taking the time to compose and share a review of our hotel.

Our location is hard to beat when looking for a base in Toronto, thank you for this acknowledgement!

Construction is not only a season in Toronto but it has now become a way of life in the city leading up to the 2015 Pan American Games. We appreciate everyone who shows the patience and dedication to get through it and are hopeful that the end result is worth it!

Finally Barb....I agree with you. We dropped the ball when it came to not giving you alternates to get out of the city. We definitely had the information and failed not to use it to its fullest advantage. I am sorry for this and appreciate the feedback; it will definitely make us better!

Barb M I want to thank you again for your time and for your review. We sincerely hope that you will have the opportunity to return to the city and will look to give us another opportunity in the future.

Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband & I stayed here for one night because we were going to a Yankees/ Blues Jays game at the Rogers Centre. The room was nice & modern, super clean. The hotel was awesome - conveniently located to many restaurants in downtown Toronto, as well as the CN Tower, Harbourfront, Rogers Centre, etc. The hotel sits in front of Amsterdam Brewing company, a restaurant/brew pub, and is on the water. We were able to take a walk on the docks and enjoy the spring day. We ate at Shoeless Joes (attached to the hotel) & it was very good. Across the street is a gelato bar 'Lick It Gelato' that was amazing & you save 20% by showing your Radisson hotel room card. Overall, we would definitely be back to this hotel because of the price, cleanliness, and location to other attractions. Parking was $21 for 24 hours, so we were able to check out & walk around the city, and then come back to our car & go home.

Room Tip: get a room on a high floor with a view of the harbour
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MBudd
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
MBudd,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

We are fortunate enough to be in a great spot for exploring the city and all of its attractions, while still allowing for a retreat from the hustle and bustle......thank you for acknowledging this and sharing with the Tripadvisor community!

MBudd again I want to acknowledge and thank you for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for posting some great snaps of the area and our newly renovated product....

Calgary
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right in the middle of all the action. Very close to Rogers Center, CN Tower, Steam Whistle Brewery. Nice pub attached. The only thing that wasn't top shelf was the renovated rooms. They were clean and new but I felt like I was in an Ikea display. Weird to have hard wood floors.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ghuizer
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
ghuizer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

We are fortunate enough to be ideally located as a great base for all of the city's sights and attractions....thank you for this acknowledgement.

ghuizer, unfortunately our renovations will not be for everyone, which we understand. We are quite proud of our new look and do appreciate every bit of feedback we can get......it is quite a bold change.

ghuizer, thank you again for your time and for your honest opinion. We hope to see you back with us soon....hopefully the new look with grow on you!