“Beautiful Property”

Ranked #15 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Cambridge, Canada
“Beautiful Property”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

One of the nicest stays I have ever had in Toronto... beautiful views, a lovely property and really helpful staff! This is also one of the best conference hotels I have ever used. Near everything in downtown Toronto...you can walk to the CN Tower, Rogers Centre, the Aquarium, Harbourfront, etc.

Room Tip: Chose a lake view...well worth the upgrade!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gordon M
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Gordon M,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

Quite simply, thank you for the kind words and the mention of our location! We look forward to having you back with us at the earliest of opportunities.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Winnipeg
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for one night in May 2014 and chose this hotel due to it's location. It was close to the Porter airport on Toronto Island as well as close to the Molson Amphitheatre where the concert was. There were certainly less expensive options but we were really happy with the room and the hotel in general. We were in a lakeview room on the 3rd floor. It was modern, clean and had a great "feel". We loved the hardwood floors and the simple, yet thoughtful layout of the bathroom. The view of the water gave it a very different vibe than other hotels I've stayed in Toronto. The room service was excellent and good value. Great bed/duvet/pillows but I think the walls were pretty thin. I'm a heavy sleeper so this rarely matters to me but light sleepers might want to ask for a room where few people will be walking by or opening their doors. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the water. I rarely think this makes a difference but really liked the vib...
1 Thank Bargoon
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Bargoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

We are fortunate enough to be blessed in a superb location that allows for us to be accessible and subsequently access all this city has to offer...thank you for this mention.

Our newly design guest rooms are something we are proud of and I am glad that you enjoyed them as well.

Bargoon, thank you again for your time. I hope you enjoyed the show and a safe trip back. We will look out for you again in the near future!

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice hotel. Good location. Friendly staff. Prompt service. Close to harbour front and CN tower. Rooms were clean and had nice view. Had some noise issue due to renovation work going in hotel. Hotel should have play area for kids.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank shelly_ice
shelly_ice,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

Sounds as though we were a good fit and you enjoyed your time with us, for this we are grateful and thankful. With regards to the kids play area, we love having kids in the lobby but I bet that is not what you were getting at....Great suggestion and we will definitely discuss!

shelly_ice, thank you again for your time and for the kind words….

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Extremely upset with my stay at the Radisson Admiral Toronto recently. Stayed there for 6 nights total. First things first, the room was dirty. There was a huge brown stain behind the TV on the dresser. Another huge brown stain on the floor to match. There was 2 beds in the room, one of them had brown/red stains and gross marks in the sheets/blankets. Thankfully we only needed 1 bed and the other one seemed okay. When I originally booked the hotel, I was told the pool would be open for my stay. Upon arrival I was told the pool would not be open for any of the 6 nights I would be there. I was extremely disappointed by this as the only reason I picked that hotel to begin with is the had the highest rated pool in Toronto. The bathroom had just a shower, no tub. There was only one glass panel to the shower and the other side completely open. This design made water get all over the floor and made a huge mess. Needed to keep using towels to clean up the water mess. The staff was rude and gave me attitude when I would request more towels and never brought the full requested amount (only 4!) The door wouldn't shut when we left our room and found this out the hard way. We left for over 6 hours and came back and our door was open ajar. You need to push the door shut everytime you left the room. I'm pretty sure $100 went missing from our room as well but we have no actual proof. Upon checking in, I was told there would be $50 charge for incident fee and then the total of my stuff would be charged at check out. I confirmed this with the girl several times as I would have paid with cash instead of credit knowing they are going to hold my money. They charged me for each night individually plus the full amount of the stay on my card. Working right now to make sure all my money is properly refunded.Overall I would never stay or recommend this hotel chain to anyone. There is a lot better and cheaper options out there! If you have the chance to stay at a friends house instead, I would do so. Don't waste your money at this place. Told them about my issues and they didn't care at all. Very bad customer service to top off the bad hotel experience

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this hotel period. So many better options in the area
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tina K
Tina K,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

First and foremost I want to thank you for dropping the use of profanity between this review and your response to our survey. This allows me to respond to you and hopefully assist anywhere I am able.

With regards to the issues in your room - stains & door; Tina K I do not note a call within our logs with regards to these items throughout your stay. Please know that we strive for as near to perfection as we can get. Admittedly we do miss items from time to time and for this I am sorry. I would encourage you, no matter where you are staying, to call the proprietor out on these issues at the time that they are found and/or occur. This allows them/us the opportunity to correct and often exceed!

Design of guest room - We are ready to admit that the re-design of our guest rooms is not for everyone. Overall the feedback has been immensely positive. We still do have a sprinkling of rooms with tubs and some, from another phase of renovations, do have shower doors that close.....always….just ask us! We are always willing to accommodate if we are able!

Pre-Authorizations to your credit card - As stated to you this morning, separately, these authorization(s) are made to ensure there are sufficient funds within the account to pay for room/taxes and some anticipate incidental charges. These authorizations do wear off in a few days and, as stated to you this morning, please contact me if they still do remain early next week....I am here to assist in any way that I am able.

Finally Tina K the $100 you refer to having disappeared. The perceived accusation you are making here is something that you should be careful with. I would encourage you to search high and low for the cash and, if not found, to seek further advice or contact the authorities. What you are implying, within a public forum, it reckless and unnecessary as you are affecting the livelihood of individuals without really being 100% sure of anything.

Tina K, thank you again for your time. I am sorry we could not live up to your expectations.

manhattan beach
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Traveled to Toronto by Via Rail from Vancouver,BC. Stayed three nights. Room was recently refurbished, very nice. Front staff was very friendly and helpful. The view from the room was ok. There is a huge amount of construction going on in the city. High rise condos and road work. There freeways are as busy as southern California freeways. If I was to visit Toronto again I would stay at this hotel. Breakfast was not that great.

Iswa,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the location, revamped guest room product and most importantly the people...thank you for this acknowledgement.

Currently we are in "full steam ahead" mode in the city preparing for the 2015 Pan American games. We are excited for the outcome however I would agree that things are definitely approaching So Cal congestion levels.

Iswa thank you again for your time and for the kind words. We are glad we have staked our claim as your Toronto hotel of choice and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

While the construction can be intimidating, the hotel and staff were fantastic. The hotel is very convenient to many locations and soon with the street car will have even greater access. Thoroughly enjoy our trip next door to the Amsterdam Brewhouse.

Room Tip: Ask to face the water until the construction is complete.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DougCary,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

Concise, positive, thank you very much for the kind words; we are appreciative of your visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed there over the Memorial Day weekend and were really looking forward to being on the water and within walking distance of all the downtown had to offer. What we ended up with was a nice room with a bit of a view of the water and LOTS of view of torn up roads. The construction is horrific in the downtown and once we left the highway, it literally took us 2 hrs to drive 1.5 miles to get to the hotel. Once we did get there, we found that we had to park in the general parking garage next door which was almost full due to the baseball game that day. Once we parked, we did not take the car out again until it was time to check out. This was literally one of the worst hotel experiences I have had just due to the road construction. Stay away from here until the roads are fixed. You will be much happier that you did.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the harbour.
Linda T,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

What to say about road work both in the area and the city as a whole? It definitely does make getting around the city an exercise in patience. We appreciate the tolerance of all of our visitors as we pave the way for the 2015 Pan American games.

Linda T, thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and share with the Tripadvisor community. We were thrilled to receive feedback from such a veteran reviewer as yourself....